Flushing in hydro

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Jim Dunlop, Jun 19, 2008.

1. I know there are a lot of threads about this but I read through all of them and couldn't find a straight answer. What I am doing is replacing the nutrient solution with plain old pH balanced water for the last week or so of my grow. Is this what I should be doing? Should I change the water multiple times to get all the nutrients out of it or is once enough? Thanks for replies in advance!

2. Your doing exactly what i do bro, i have seen that canna has brought out a product out for this. Not sure on how good it is, but i find my results from clean ph corrected water works for me. i check the ppm every day, when it rises i change the water again to fresh until its ready.
    happy growing bro.

3. I would also like to know, flush with just water? No nutes at all? How often should the water be changed during that final week or so?

4. Hey buddy, for me i start to flush my girls when theres about 2 weeks left, Start to just pump clean water thru, I check the ppm every day as your girls return some of the nutes back to the water. I change this when my readings change on my ppm metre. You should notice that your leaves will start to turn yellow, don't worry this is quite normal, The leaves on the plant are also a food store of nutes for the plant, when you remove the added nutes and replace with clean ph corrected water your girls will use the stored food contained within the leaves which will give your final result a much sweeter/cleaner taste. Hope this helps bro and happy growing!

5. i read to start flushing when pistils are about 25% red