Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Stoned Paranoia - How Bad Do You Get It?

• Please log in to reply

Appocolyptik

Appocolyptik

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 520 posts
I've got a couple of acquientences who are really paranoid when stoned. Any mention of the W word in public will result in fearful glances and whimpering protests. It's really irritating, I have no problem with expressing my personal feelings on any matter, with weed being no different. I don't feel overwhelmed by paranoid outbursts. I mean I guess it's easy to be overcome by it, you see a pesky porkchopmobile and you panic, we've all been there, we've all been high, it happens. What I don't abide by is painstaking stealth which ultimately leads to an oppreive atmosphere. It limits the high and takes a lot of joy out of caining. People should toke freely wherever they choose, so long as it's not offending the majority of the public. For instance, I wouldn't smoke in a childrens primary school or in a hospital for lung cancer victims, but I see no problem with being able to have a joint cruising down a road. I mean, it's legal to smoke cigarettes walking down a road, why should hand crafted herbal smokes be any different? I don't consider myself a paranoid person any more than the next man, and it really irritiates me spending long periods of time toking with one, unless of course they keep their spackouts to themselves.

What does affect me however, is the lonely night time walks home through these woods by my house. They connect four different neighbourhood, with an eerie lake dwelling in the middle. Most nights I go out caining with my friends and have to travel through these woods. In the day it's a really pleasant atmosphere, with the ducks quacking merrily and the wind orchestrating a serene tune with it's etheral chords, gently strumming the trees with it's breeze. At night however, it transforms into a charnal house of the damned, with the trees branches appearing as twisted steel, drenched by the eerie fog. The once pleasant chords of the wind morph into terrifying whispers that eat into mind, swirling echoes that drain the courage of even the bravest man. Each night as I step into these woods, all other external noise is extinguished and the path is smothered by a deathly silence. This eventually gives way to the howling of the trees and the whispers of the wind skimming the water. My vision blurrs and figures of white appear to walk across the path, dancing in the trees. These dissapear as soon as they materialize. My pulse rises dramatically and soon I'm tearing through the woods at a blistering pace, followed ominously by the whispering of the wind. Sometimes I don't have to run, thoughts of God or merely listening to my Ipod keep me calm. But at least half the times I run, partly because I can get home quicker that way, but mostly because that walk at night scares the fuck out of me.

How are you affected by stoned paranoia?

xskunk

xskunk

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
too stoned to read it all. wasnt bad from what i read.

Appocolyptik

Appocolyptik

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 520 posts

too stoned to read it all. wasnt bad from what i read.

Lmao you didn't address the question! I wasn't just posting for peoples reading enjoyment ya know ;)

Kit Fistoned

Kit Fistoned

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
All depends on the situation.

I'm a lot less paranoid smoking out in the woods as opposed to driving down the street, but I do get it sometimes.

bortron5000

bortron5000

Nice Marmot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 613 posts
Agreed walking back anywhere alone at night stoned tends to give me the creeps, but I just keep telling myself "Your stoned, dont get paranoid." Tends to work pretty well.

amsterdamage

amsterdamage

Debate, Demand, Legalize!

• Old School
  • 5,114 posts
I get a bit paranoid about once every three years, roughly

it's always really minor and I just tell myself to think about the topic tomorrow when I'm not stoned..

skatealex2

skatealex2

sk8alex

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,381 posts
i get paranoia about what lifes supposed to be even when im sober
  • amsterdamage likes this

-mokey593

-mokey593

$mokey

• Registered Upgraded
  • 253 posts

i get paranoia about what lifes supposed to be even when im sober

SAME HERE! It freaks me the fuck out! Being high is such an experience!

RedShift

RedShift

Hotel Moscow

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
I get paranoia if Law Enforcement Officers are in the immediate vicinity. I drive super carefully on public roads when I'm stoned so as to avoid having the dreaded red-and-blues flashing in my rearview mirror. I can usually control my paranoia, though...I parked outside a dunkin donuts and smoked once. So many cops...SWAT professionals, I think I saw one or two or I might have been just imagining shit. Me and my buddies were laughing our asses off.

nerdboytoker

nerdboytoker

Hoont

• Registered Upgraded
  • 143 posts
oh man, that was an awesome description I must say.

my paranoia levels are extremely low.

the only time I get real paranoid is when the people I'm with are. and if I'm smoking in a spot I know I shouldn't be in anyway (just to say 'yeah I smoked there')

I mean, if you're looking over your shoulder like you're doing something wrong, people are going to think you're doing something wrong!
if you're just enjoying a nice day in the park, sitting with a group of friends keeping a low profile no ones going to bother you.

I'm with you, I can't stand overly paranoid people. I used to live with people who would jump up and shut the blinds the second a bong showed up in the room. it was ridiculous.

but stoned walks through moonlit woods are very very scary I agree.

scary visionary

scary visionary

• Registered Upgraded
  • 531 posts

Lmao you didn't address the question! I wasn't just posting for peoples reading enjoyment ya know ;)

You have a way with words, well written...:D

I get paranoid if i have an issue hangin over my head...debts, court, or watchin too much political conspiracy stuff, lol:confused:

xStff1:)

xStff1:)

peaceloveweed

• Registered Upgraded
  • 212 posts

You have a way with words, well written...:D

I get paranoid if i have an issue hangin over my head...debts, court, or watchin too much political conspiracy stuff, lol:confused:

Haha, I agree with the conspiracy thing, I get paranoid after watching conspiracy movies about the government sometimes too when I blaze.

ckycampmember

ckycampmember

Permanently Online

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,348 posts
i get pretty comfortable in my smoke spots.
which sometimes is a bad idea.

i love driving and smoking....at night.
because i think it would be easier to get caught in the daylight, at night it looks like a cig.

i love the woods.
it is beautiful.
but i have to be in a place i know people dont go to.

i love my house.

i really dont get bugged out.

vcrs

vcrs

wha..?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 485 posts
I went to a party with a friend of mine named bondo, and he kind of pissed off this guy named chris like a week before and both of these kids are pretty big, about my height at 6'3 and bondo is about 250, chris is prolly 215. anyways, we were all sitting there at this party (chris isnt really a partier) and whenever somebody would walk in the front door, bondo bolted to hide in the hallway. he'd honestly go "shit! shit! is that chris? fuck!!" and run. imagine a huge fucking kid just lumbering out of the room in fear. the funniest part is how bondo constantly says that hes not afraid of chris.

sorry if that didnt make much sense... :smoking:

Gunsmoked

Gunsmoked

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I think the most paranoid I've ever been was waiting inline for GTAIV at midnight, where the army happened to be doing some recruiting at the front of the line for god knows why... So yeah, even if I knew they were just recruiters
I was still really paranoid that something was up... I mean the army can be pretty scary when your that high.

Also Appocolyptik you feel paranoid when your in the woods at night, and your totally cool smoking walking down the sidewalk. Myself I get a little paranoid walking down the street smoking, while when I'm outside at night in the woods and I'm stoned I get completely comfortable, not a care in the world. I really think it just depends on the person, everyone is different.

Appocolyptik

Appocolyptik

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 520 posts

I think the most paranoid I've ever been was waiting inline for GTAIV at midnight, where the army happened to be doing some recruiting at the front of the line for god knows why... So yeah, even if I knew they were just recruiters
I was still really paranoid that something was up... I mean the army can be pretty scary when your that high.

Also Appocolyptik you feel paranoid when your in the woods at night, and your totally cool smoking walking down the sidewalk. Myself I get a little paranoid walking down the street smoking, while when I'm outside at night in the woods and I'm stoned I get completely comfortable, not a care in the world. I really think it just depends on the person, everyone is different.

Good point. But then I fear no man but God, so walking down a street in broad daylight smoking a reef doesn't phase me. But say for instance I was so stoned walking through the woods at night that I started to deeply think about the possibility of an encounter with a ghost, there's a slight risk that my ultra stoned+deep paranoia causes me to have a hallucination and see the undead, it would scar me for life. I would be scared constantly at night about whether I'd see the apparitions again. That's why I get a little worried when walking through the woods by myself at night ultra stoned.

Guest_mclovein_*

Guest_mclovein_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
i freaked out and started hearing bells once.. how i dont fucking know, my friends are like what bells? i dont freak out that much anymore expect when i have weed on me and my friends are driving around like a tard usally i just open baggie and grab drink to prepare to eat it if i see a red and blue light us up ...

Gunsmoked

Gunsmoked

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yeah, It's probably because I'm a nature freak though... When I'm stoned in the woods, dark or not, I just feel connected to the earth completely.

People are irrational, violent, unpredictable, and most of all destructive... Give me the woods any day.

powrd

powrd

\m/

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,047 posts
I don't get paranoid really. One time my heart skipped a beat though on 4/20 and my friend opens up the door to the RV we were smoking our weed in, and says something along the lines of "such and such wants to talk", but he whipped open the door and I thought I heard"We need to talk", sounded like a fucking pig! But, my friend gets super paranoid every time he smokes, to the extent it's fucking annoying to be around him.

Buddeh

Buddeh

• Registered Upgraded
  • 841 posts
I used to get it really bad. Now it's more mild if anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users