overwatering or light burn?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by richirich_99, Jun 11, 2008.

1. hey everyone. I gotta 4 plants growing right now, just switched them under my 400 watt hps/mh. using hps right now til i get my mh bulb. my babies about about 8 days old, im growing in the mg organic( i know....i know) the biggest is just getting its first real set of leaves, and they are yellow at the tip, i have narrowed it down to either overwatering, or light burn. so i moved my light about 20inches over and its good. but does anyone have any pics of what overwatering, nutes burn, light burn all look like? that would be a great help to have a visual...sorry this is a novel...tend to ramble when i smoke. lol

2. Without pictures it's going to be harder to accurately diagnose your problem but the first thing that came to mind was that you are using a HPS setup with 8 day old seedlings. Young plants do better under floros imo, HID's have a tendency to be on the strong side for seedlings and cuts. Either set up a few CFL's or give those seedlings indirect HPS light. Good luck bro.

3. the only other light bulbs i have are regular ones for lamps, no flours or cfl's and im way tight on money. They seem to be growing fast, and recovering from it. I think it was light burn, but im still laying off the water for another day or two depending on how dry the soil is by then. will definaly be buying a few cfl's for the future. thanks. i'll try to get pics up, im having camera problems.

4. Cool man glad to hear they're doing well. I had some clones looking a little bleached under a MH bulb one time. Gave it indirect light and it recovered well. Peace :bongin:

5. You dont have to buy CFLS just keep your light farther away. In my opinion you would be better off gettin cfls then switching to your light. Just my .02