• by richirich_99
  • Jun 11 2008 04:37 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• richirich_99
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 776 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

hey everyone. I gotta 4 plants growing right now, just switched them under my 400 watt hps/mh. using hps right now til i get my mh bulb. my babies about about 8 days old, im growing in the mg organic( i know....i know) the biggest is just getting its first real set of leaves, and they are yellow at the tip, i have narrowed it down to either overwatering, or light burn. so i moved my light about 20inches over and its good. but does anyone have any pics of what overwatering, nutes burn, light burn all look like? that would be a great help to have a visual...sorry this is a novel...tend to ramble when i smoke. lol
Replies (4)

Similar Topics: overwatering or light burn?     x

• Med User

• CaliCoast
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

Without pictures it's going to be harder to accurately diagnose your problem but the first thing that came to mind was that you are using a HPS setup with 8 day old seedlings. Young plants do better under floros imo, HID's have a tendency to be on the strong side for seedlings and cuts. Either set up a few CFL's or give those seedlings indirect HPS light. Good luck bro.

• richirich_99
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 776 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:20 AM

the only other light bulbs i have are regular ones for lamps, no flours or cfl's and im way tight on money. They seem to be growing fast, and recovering from it. I think it was light burn, but im still laying off the water for another day or two depending on how dry the soil is by then. will definaly be buying a few cfl's for the future. thanks. i'll try to get pics up, im having camera problems.

• Med User

• CaliCoast
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

Cool man glad to hear they're doing well. I had some clones looking a little bleached under a MH bulb one time. Gave it indirect light and it recovered well. Peace :bongin:

• PurpHazey
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 430 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:21 PM

You dont have to buy CFLS just keep your light farther away. In my opinion you would be better off gettin cfls then switching to your light. Just my .02

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved