Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

THC activation? WTF

• Please log in to reply

-m/

-m/

The Apathetic One

• Registered Upgraded
  • 187 posts
Okay, I've seen a lot of posts where people say things like you have to heat the THC so that it heats and activates or something and if you dont then it wont do anything. And I've also seen posts where people say that that's total bullshit.

I mean this like eating raw weed compared to eating weed that was cooked into something.

I would really appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me.

tehvishal

tehvishal

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
the thc found in the plant is a acid analog of it, it is nonpsychoactive, once heated, it is converted into the psychoactive delta9thc we all love.

chronicman00

chronicman00

Bay Shark

• Registered Upgraded
  • 9,564 posts

the thc found in the plant is a acid analog of it, it is nonpsychoactive, once heated, it is converted into the psychoactive delta9thc we all love.

heat doesnt convert the chemical the plant makes the chemical but ive heard it has something to do with a cell wall?

mrk195smokin

mrk195smokin

blaze and raise

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,281 posts

heating it denatures the proteins making the thc usable.

Lebowski

Lebowski

At least i'm housebroken

• Gold Member
  • 6,227 posts

muzikman88

muzikman88

• Gold Member
  • 1,467 posts

tehvishal

tehvishal

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Its called decarboxylation:

Decarboxylation is any chemical reaction in which a carboxyl group (-COOH) is split off from a compound as carbon dioxide (CO2).

And here is a page on cannabisculture.com I found about this:

yep
this is it
decarboxylation
i remember readoin bout it on THC Chemistry off of google
basically, ur pot has no THC in it, its all an acid form of it where theres a COOH instead of CO2 like lebowski mentioned above, once it is heated, it bcomes CO2 and that is Delta 9 THC, which is psychoactive. This is why you have to heat hash. this is why you cant eat weed and get high. this is why you have to heat weed to get high from it. Cooking it into a butter or some oil heats it up enough to convert it, same with vaporizing, i believe the temp has to be around 150-200degrees farenheit to convert it to THC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users