Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MOLD on pot - photos

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lebowski, May 29, 2008.

1. Just smoked some pot that had mold scraped off of it and nothing happened. It felt a little harsher on the lungs than usual. I could tell it wasnt good for me but nothing bad really happened. I think the real danger in mold is only if you are allergic.

2. #482 sm00raven, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
    (first post)
    So, me and my misses got this weed 3 days ago, we'd had a long run of this really crappy weed for about 2 weeks before this, so the change was very welcome.
    We didn't notice anything odd or different about it when we started to chop it up, it was abit harsh to smoke, and we use 2 chamber bong!
    So later than night about 2-3 hours after our first session, and 10 minutes into our 2nd one, we both started to feel rather crappy, like we were coming down with something, 5 minutes later it was very clear something wasn't right, we both had crazy hardcore shakes, joint pain, fever and sweats.
    The next day we both felt more or less ok, a little sore from all the shaking but thats about it.
    We smoked the same weed that day without any unwanted effects.
    Now we're on the 3rd day (today) when we went to have our usual wake'n'bake we noticed that the weed we had been smoking was rather horrid looking - and thats when I found this forum, I see nothing in here that resembles our weed and what I think is mold.
    So here it is, Aussie weed - with what I assume is Aussie mold - naturally we're not going to try smoke this - considering we couldn't see this when we got sick the first night~

Blackening parts look more brown in this photo
    img_0860.jpg

tiny pin point sized growths (like mini yellow shrooms)
    img_0869.jpg

Hope this can help someone AVOID that nasty experience I and my misses had to endure.

Peace!
    ~Raven

3. thats some nasty ass mold

4. now I'm getting flashes of Crocodile Dundee...

"thats not a moldy bud.....
    THIS is a moldy bud."

5. That is th:eek:e most gnasty gnarly lookin bud ive seen.

6. aaw man that bud looks nice, such a waste it's now that it has mould on it. great guide man.

7. Picked up some bubble hash the other day.. returned home and looked it over a little better and noticed in some parts there were white/ very light green ish spots in the edges of the hash. Then in some of crevices < (on both pieces) > there are little specs that resemble tricromes perhaps from storing it in jars that had a lot of herb in it? On both ends of the bigger piece its almost as if it was mixed in maybe something that dried with it i'm not sure have some pics hopefully they are good enough to tell what it is!!! The last batch which was the same in quality -minus the possible mold I'm just 50/50 on it being mold and don't want to toss 6 gs away on being mold paranoid!

Any suggestions would be a lot of help... and yes i know mold is not to be smoked!

0310000227.jpg

0310000226a.jpg

8. i suggest you smoke it. nice pics by the way

9. just lost 10 grams to mold. :(

im guessing its because the weed was so moist, i kept it in baggies which didnt allow air in and so mould produced? is that why it happened?

10. Typically yes, mold is generally because the grower didn't properly cure it and dry it. Properly dried weed can get mold too but it's far less likely.

11. got a bag of purp today. this is the only nug that had it on it. i broke it open & removed the mold part. been lighting it up all night without any problem... :smoke:

[​IMG]

12. sorry if this has been asked already, what happens if you smoke moldy weed

13. There's to many different kinds of mold out there, and not enough research to know for certain, you could scroll up a few posts on this page and see my first post about what happend when I did - If I had a heart condition it could have killed me. I could have some long term problem that I'm unaware of.

Long story short - It's not worth the risk, you wouldn't eat moldy bread would you?

~Raven

14. is the mold that grows on weed generally always white? i have some weed that doesn't look too good but it didn't seem moldy.. just reallyyyy dark greenish schwag. it isn't crumbly dry either, just kinda sticky moist.

15. #495 ZenbGoB, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
    If the weed is really really moist, and the humidity is way too high, you can get a sticky fungus, which is yeah, definitely not good.

When I'm growing really heavy indica hybrids, they tend to get stickier like this. Sometimes it's normal if your humidity is fine and it's close to harvest. You probably just got something that's more resiny than outright trichy. If you feel me.

16. #496 RandomJoe, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. so i generally have to look out for white/yellowy spots on my weed? i never thought bout mold on my weed :|. wouldnt want to be smoking that shit haha

18. Ive recently bought a half oz and friend bought the other half .
    Ive already smoked 10gs of it , he hasnt and is telling me his buds have mold.
    Anyways I have serveral friends who have smoked this "batch" and are all fine .

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks.

19. To my untrained eye, looked just nice and dank but now I see what you're pointing out +rep

20. #500 SAPakelika, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
    So I have been getting weed for about the past 3 weeks from various dealers that looks like dank, plenty of full Trichomes and what looks like equal sized white hairs when viewed under a 6x magnifying glass. No real tufts of mold just some spider web substance when I break the bud apart, and even then it can only really be seen under a bright bright light and looking closley. When looking the magnifying glass you cant even really see any webs unless it some dangling ones from breaking the bud apart and under the same bright light. So do I have some dank, some light or mild moldy bud or a possible spider mite problem that was taken care of before curing? Did someone make a large grow and fuck it up and flood my local market with it or am I straight to just smoke it up without making myself paranoid about getting a lung infection or sick.

I know the webbing thing can be indicative of both mites and mold so thats why I am confused, because if its mold there are no real visible ( even with a 6x magnifying glass) tufts of mold or anything, just lots of tric's. Yet when breaking the bud apart there is the webbing, along with a few darkened color leaves (which makes me suspect somthing like mites or bud rot), and hairs that while look almost like tric stocks but without the top. my paranoid self cant help but think might be little mold hairs. and with my paranoia its really impossible to tell if the taste/smell is moldy or off. It doesnt quite smell like my normal shit but not like ammonia or wet clothing left out to mold. and when breaking it up there isnt really any more mist than what you would expect from tric and ect falling out, no super cloud of spores or anything.

the buds has like 5 or 6 strands of barely visible webbing (single strands) when I break up the buds in front of a bright light. I just noticed it starting like 3 weeks ago and am not sure if its normal shit I just somehow missed for a looong time or if some dank with a bit of mold or something else is going around right now. Seeing as how I have gotten about 4 diff batches from 3 diff dealers ( all local) with this shit I got a bit paranoid.

These are from the 3 or so batches I got, all with the same webbing issue.

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/SAPakelika/Mold5.png
    http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/SAPakelika/Mold4.png
    http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/SAPakelika/Mold3.png
    http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/SAPakelika/Mold6.png
    http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/SAPakelika/Mold2.png
    http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/SAPakelika/1Mold.png