Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question on dispensary prices.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by IWubMarijuana, May 28, 2008.

1. The Co-Op I go to has the Skywalker OG for about that price, $110 1/8th. Their other top shelf, Earth OG and Private Reserve Jupiter OG are $120 1/8th. I've tried the Earth and Jupiter and they are indeed top shelf. Very potent stuff. However, I cant smoke them daily as they are to expensive.

Their mid's go for $60-$75 1/8th and are pretty potent as well. Still expensive, but thats about how much I pay private dealers for good mids.

2. 120$ an 1/8th is absurd. That is straight up mean of them.

3. Check Weedtracker. A lot of the clubs will have their menus and prices right there.

4. The dispensaries near me are fucked, I know there is overhead and other bills when running a business, like the ls460 lexus the dispensary owner drives. these places are making a shit ton of dough, thats why I would like to see everybody grow. They would have no choice but to bring their pricecs down

5. It's mainly overhead that drives the prices up. Up here I pay $38 an eighth though..so I'm not too sure why it is so much down there. Maybe higher rent and taxes down there? Either way high overhead is the culprit.

Also street dealers do support their community. Not in the same way as medical marijuana clubs (Medical marijuana clubs do contribute more and I'm down for tax and regulation) but trust me they do. Up here in Arcata and Eureka our cities budget pretty much depends on marijuana growers. Same with Mendincino county and Trinity. The reason being that most tax revenue comes from sales taxes. When October rolls around a lot of local businesses get a surge. Indoor grows are going all year long also.

I understand Arcata and LA are two totally different cities but small town like Arcata is good example of how growers and dealers do support their communities even if not intentionally. A lot of the older growers donate money to local schools and churches also.

6. no amount of overhead can make weed cost $120 an 8th

7. Truth be told Im pretty sure greed is the main culprit. Alot of clubs are paying as little as 2800 a pound for their meds. there are sixty four quarters in a pound, 120 per quarter means they are making 4,880 profit off of each pound. Thats robberey. I know for a fact that if all patients grew, or had someone grow for them the dispensarys that charge prime dollar will have no choice but to drop their prices, or fade away.

8. Hey anyone in Socal let me know what clubs pay for lbs.
    thanks.

edit: sorry for bumpin old thread.

9. I get 180 a half for top quailty, SourD, HeadBand, Dominia... Just shop around

10. haha my cousin in the LA county found this AMAZING deal for a 20$ 1/8 of some Jack the Ripper but im pretty sure it was a one time thing and i dont even no the club. just thought it would share.

the weed was like brown though which threw me for a loop o_O

11. You can't say socal has high MMJ prices unless your an MMJ patient here. I can name ten places off the top of my head in Northridge that max out at $50 an eighth for their top shelf, and one that maxes at $45 (that has quality strains consistently). Most of the places that charge over $60 an eighth for their top shelf are only in it for the profit. Think about this way, in Santa Barbara, there are only 2 dispensaries open due to raids and whatnot. Since there are only 2 in the area and none in Ventura county or immediately north of Goleta, the 2 dispensaries can monopolize the situation. Santa Barbara is notorious for the $70 eighths, HOWEVER, there is a new place that opened up that caps at $50. All the clubs in the area probably pay similar prices for their medicine, however one is simply making less profit than the other.

12. this guy's going to the right places..

13. Delta 9 in Reseda has good $45 1/8

14. yeah its not ALL expensive is SoCal. in fact my experience has been opposite. i just read a few reviews on the internet...have been to a few places.....and its all good. with great prices

i'll just mention House Of Kush because they have more then a few locations. 8ths are capped at $50 or $55 (depending on location) with many coming in at $40-$45. and they have an assortment of well priced mids. accept credit cards, too

i picked up a fresh, sticky, piney, citrus flavored 8th of trainwreck for $40 yesterday. its great stuff :smoking:

15. you have never tried medcos amber glass then haha
    its 50 for half a gram and well worth it knocks you on your fucking ASS

16. geesh get fucked in the ass much?
    and i complain when i spend 60 for an 1/8th of top shelf at medco haha
    your getting buttfucked sir.

17. Prices down in Long Beach are pretty cheap, you can get 4gram eighths for 55 at this one place I go to, and it is primero shit!

18. 60-70 an 8th in So Cal??? Over here the legit places cap their top shelf at 50-55 an 8th.

19. Some do..

20. $35 per eighth at the place I have as my caregiver, but other places it's $60-$70 for the same quality..