Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

it's alive my bong won't stop growing

• Please log in to reply

budahgooroo

budahgooroo

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So I'v got this little bong and I make a point of changing the water at least once a week but the other day i whent to change the water and noticed mold growing inside. So I dumped it out and cleaned the inside out with rubbing Alcahal(?) once i Thought it was Clean I blazed but the next day i got the bong out and it was full of mold again..

Dose enyone know how to make it stop growing or should i Just get a new one (it wasn't 2 costly).

Razzy

Razzy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 196 posts
Are you sure it isn't resin? That's an easy fix.

If it is mold, just let the alcohol soak for a period of hours. Post a pic perhaps.

That's nothing compared to what I ran into today, I lost my lighter to a black hole in my garage. It could be worse man. I've got all this smokable material without a flame.

insanoweird

insanoweird

• Registered Upgraded
  • 264 posts
I'm pretty sure a cursed bong is way worse than losing a 1 dollar lighter.

godsthirdnut

godsthirdnut

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,704 posts
first off get in the habit of changing the water every time you smoke, or at least once a day. it doesn't take much time and is much more sanitary.

use salt and iso and really swish it around, then let it sit with the iso in it over night. should be sterile the next morning.

Scapris

Scapris

whatever tomorrow brings

• Gold Member
  • 1,590 posts

Apple Sighter

Apple Sighter

• Registered Upgraded
  • 152 posts
Change the water atleast once a day and you wont have that problem.

SoCalToker

SoCalToker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 508 posts
Ewww, don't leave water in your bong that long. According to Wikipedia, standing water and ash (ashed MJ) can produce lye, which can be dangerous. Change it out every session, or AT LEAST every day. It makes it taste much better, and it is more sanitary.

Blocc_Busta

Blocc_Busta

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,058 posts
That's gross. :P

Revolution

Revolution

1-Up

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,045 posts
I'd boil it, clean it, boil it, clean it, let it dry, then clean it again.

Ugyatag

Ugyatag

Shall we go?

• Old School
  • 3,998 posts
^^ I'd be weary of boiling your glass because my friend lost his piece that way, it just shattered in the water. If you must though, I'd recomend puting it in some warm/hot water first so that the boiling water doesn't expand the glass so much.

Humboldt-Chron

Humboldt-Chron

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
lol wtf? thats gross haha

OSMOKE

OSMOKE

• Registered Upgraded
  • 122 posts
i had a problem with a mold bong once too. just go to the local CVS and buy some iodine swabs fill the entire bong up with water and drop the swabs or drops into the water let it sit for like 20 minutes then wash it with soap and water because iodine TASTES FUCKING AWFUL....rinse well and you will be good to go

P.S. i once too was a culprit of week old bong water untill i got a lung infection from smoking mold....WASH YOUR SHIT your lungs will thank you

Reggin

Reggin

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 5,220 posts

I'd boil it, clean it, boil it, clean it, let it dry, then clean it again.

QFT. You don't want to take the risk of it being moldy.

The tobacco stores around here sell glass spoons for $10-20 and bongs from $30-50. You should check and see if they have those =P

19JR84

19JR84

• Registered Upgraded
  • 889 posts
yea dude i might even turn down a bong rip if i found out the water was a week old, you gotta change that shit man

imFASTERthenU

imFASTERthenU

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Ewww, don't leave water in your bong that long. According to Wikipedia, standing water and ash (ashed MJ) can produce lye, which can be dangerous. Change it out every session, or AT LEAST every day. It makes it taste much better, and it is more sanitary.

if its producing lye thwn it shouldnt be molding, lye aka sodium hydroxide is a strongcleaner. not safe to inhale but shouldnt mold.

SoCalToker

SoCalToker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 508 posts

if its producing lye thwn it shouldnt be molding, lye aka sodium hydroxide is a strongcleaner. not safe to inhale but shouldnt mold.

I wasn't talking about his problem specifically, just pointing out another risk of not changing out your bong water regularly. Be sanitary. :cool:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users