Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Can you dry bud in a dehydrator?

• Please log in to reply

thebeatles069

thebeatles069

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • 316 posts
ever heard of these things? i jus rememberd from my childhood my dad makin home made beef jerky lol in a dehydrator do you think you could dry bud in this? i think it seems like it would work cuz it takes all that hydration out jus like how it makes the beef jerky!

something likes this??\

http://www.qvc.com/q...&cm_ite=K116713

says good for herbs in description ;p
  • Scubadoob likes this

WELOVEWEED420

WELOVEWEED420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 212 posts
works for water cure method of drying.

but for regulary drying wet bud quality/taste would suffer greatly. i would go against it if i was u and wait it out. bud is like a fine wine......only gets better with age.
-me :P

thebeatles069

thebeatles069

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • 316 posts
hmm so the thc would like get worse ur saying? like would it get me less high? cuz i jus need a stealth ass drying process but i will cure for 30 days in jars

obejii

obejii

The Wise One

• Registered Upgraded
  • 212 posts
The best taste and potency will only be realized when you slow dry and cure your buds.
do NOT use the dehydrater your bud will certainly taste of swag. if you want a stealth dryer make somthing like this

http://www.rollitup....-bud-drier.html

i use one and love it. if smell isn't an issue than it's very low budget( tub, chicken wire)
you can build a silent carbon filter yourself tho for under 40$ if you plan tho.

this is how i dry and cure and it's always comes out sweet.....except that one time but that doesn't matter.

hiigel

hiigel

• Registered Upgraded
  • 390 posts
Yes sir you can dry Marijuana with a food dehydrator, I do all the time. I use the lowest heat setting and run it through the night, check it first thing in the morning, and dry till it's "crackly", then bag it and let the moisture even out and test it. If it needs more, I simply leave the bag open till it's right. Ok for that test run or small batch you need. It shrinks it like you would not believe compared to air drying, but the end result still works just fine. If you get the chance, turn it half way through and keep space between the buds. Even if you over dry it, just throw a fresh bud in for a day, it'll come right back to where you want it. Not saying if it really changes the high, maybe the taste, but it does get better as time goes by. This is not stealth; seemed to have missed that, sorry.

Good luck

Hiigel

deadmeat

deadmeat

• Registered Upgraded
  • 161 posts

The best taste and potency will only be realized when you slow dry and cure your buds.
do NOT use the dehydrater your bud will certainly taste of swag. if you want a stealth dryer make somthing like this

build an odorless bud drier

i use one and love it. if smell isn't an issue than it's very low budget( tub, chicken wire)
you can build a silent carbon filter yourself tho for under 40$ if you plan tho.

this is how i dry and cure and it's always comes out sweet.....except that one time but that doesn't matter.

this would be a the same thing as food dehydrater they ajust from 85f to 155 f and air dry just the link but less getto

http://www.discountj...torcompare.html

look at teh setting and teh volume u can do and it has 85f air to quickly dry and allow u to avoid mold

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)