Can you dry bud in a dehydrator?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thebeatles069, May 21, 2008.

1. ever heard of these things? i jus rememberd from my childhood my dad makin home made beef jerky lol in a dehydrator do you think you could dry bud in this? i think it seems like it would work cuz it takes all that hydration out jus like how it makes the beef jerky!

something likes this??\

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...king &cm_pla=Kitchen Electrics&cm_ite=K116713

says good for herbs in description ;p

2. works for water cure method of drying.

but for regulary drying wet bud quality/taste would suffer greatly. i would go against it if i was u and wait it out. bud is like a fine wine......only gets better with age.
    -me :p

3. hmm so the thc would like get worse ur saying? like would it get me less high? cuz i jus need a stealth ass drying process but i will cure for 30 days in jars

4. The best taste and potency will only be realized when you slow dry and cure your buds.
    do NOT use the dehydrater your bud will certainly taste of swag. if you want a stealth dryer make somthing like this

http://www.rollitup.org/do-yourself/8936-build-odorless-bud-drier.html

i use one and love it. if smell isn't an issue than it's very low budget( tub, chicken wire)
    you can build a silent carbon filter yourself tho for under 40$ if you plan tho.

this is how i dry and cure and it's always comes out sweet.....except that one time but that doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes sir you can dry Marijuana with a food dehydrator, I do all the time. I use the lowest heat setting and run it through the night, check it first thing in the morning, and dry till it's "crackly", then bag it and let the moisture even out and test it. If it needs more, I simply leave the bag open till it's right. Ok for that test run or small batch you need. It shrinks it like you would not believe compared to air drying, but the end result still works just fine. If you get the chance, turn it half way through and keep space between the buds. Even if you over dry it, just throw a fresh bud in for a day, it'll come right back to where you want it. Not saying if it really changes the high, maybe the taste, but it does get better as time goes by. This is not stealth; seemed to have missed that, sorry.

Good luck

Hiigel

6. this would be a the same thing as food dehydrater they ajust from 85f to 155 f and air dry just the link but less getto

http://www.discountjuicers.com/dehydratorcompare.html

look at teh setting and teh volume u can do and it has 85f air to quickly dry and allow u to avoid mold

7. Aloha! Gots lots of humidity here, so mold is a big problem. To dry, I kind of use a dehydrator, but only as my cabinet. I put a fan behind it that blows in the holes but not directly on my beauties. I don't use the fan or the heating element of the dehydrator. I use the cage of the dehydrator's fan to hang my beauties. I then cover the door with a black trash bag to diminish the small amount of light that sneaks in through the cracks between the door and the cabinet. Btw, I have an excalibur dehydrator, which I use often for other things, and I know there are other types of which this post might not make much sense, my apologies. The length of time it requires varies depending on our weather, and we live on the edge of a rainforest, so drying requires patience and attention.

• Like Like x 1
  8. A food dehydrator can dry bud in a couple hours or so.
    Fast dried bud is fine.
    Smoothe smoke and good tasted are over-rated.
    Getting medicated with harsh, foul tasting flower is fine with me.
    In particular, my fast dried edibles are just as good as those made with slow dried.

9. So glad you replied with this. I've been using a Food Dehydrator since 2020 made bud nearly impossible to get for me. No... The taste isn't as sweet but IMHO the effect seems to be much more enjoyable. In fact, last month I finally found a bud connect for really good green and have been loving it but ran out over the weekend and decided to quick dry a few low hangers off an auto I have going to get me through. Well, KAPOW! I wasn't expecting the effect to be so strong! It was awesome. I dial in 130 degrees and in about 4-5 hours they're good to go. If I have more time I do 110 degrees. But I'm not noticing a potency sacrifice here at all either way. Just taste. Which I can handle.

10. You can definitely do it. It just depends on what you are looking for. I am old tho. I love getting fucked up, but I appreciate quality taste and smell along with my quality stone. I am also a big fan of smooth higher end bourbons. Could get drunk faster and cheaper on Everclear, but I prefer to thoroughly enjoy my bad habits these days. That's just me though. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  11. Even easier than a food dehydrator is to coarsely grind fresh herb, spread thinly onto a cookie sheet, and blow a fan on it for a few hours at room temp, until it stops losing significant weight.
    My last batch took 4 hours to lose 70% of its wet weight, and only lost 1% during the last hour, signifying pretty dry.

Then a same-day-as-harvest edible.

12. Am hoping to get my bud dry enough to vape in the Firefly2 - please tell me I can using my new food dehydrator? Buy medical Marijuana and have tried drying it for 2+ months in paper bags (not dry enough to produce Vapor. Heve researched plenty and still unsure. Live in extreme humidity, Florida, which is challenging for drying. Any suggestions? Trying my new Rosewill food dehydrator today!

Tried your link but wasn't allowed to view :(

13. Just FYI most of the posts on here are 5-13 years old and nearly all of them suggest NOT doing this. Also a vaporizer is designed for vaporizing lol. Why would making your bud extremely dry help with that? If anything you've probably over dried it to the point that there's no moisture left to vaporize.

14. If your in a rush throw it into the microwave . This is done around here . often. It actually comes out well .
    15 seconds open the door . Another 15 repeat to fully ready to use . Sometimes you want to try the strand asap to get the best result Should you pull now or later ? The best way is to try it .
    Some is better if you wait until you get a few brown . Some are not .