Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Portable AC Units

• Please log in to reply

Tommyt916

Tommyt916

• Registered Upgraded
  • 142 posts
Hey Guys, I am thnking about buying a Portable AC unit (Arounf $325). Has anyone had any experience with these? It would be in a closed off 10x10 closet with one outside air vent that brings in fresh air from another room in the house. Any opinions? Pors or cons that I might be missing??

Similar Topics: Portable AC Units     x

dagobaker

dagobaker

jedi in training

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,140 posts
bought a 12000 btu unit for 600 and if u lived in the ne ohio area id give it to u for a song...........hell maybe a few clones and it would be urs
it doesnt work well for me......keep the warranty and return if it doesnt do the job
walmart.....sams club do 90 days warr

Anony

Anony

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 7,842 posts
By portable you mean indoor right?
If so, one thing people dont realize is they still build up condensation and need to be emptied every day or so.

Hashmouf

Hashmouf

Hybrid Human

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,395 posts

By portable you mean indoor right?
If so, one thing people dont realize is they still build up condensation and need to be emptied every day or so.

If you buy the right unit they are a great investment. The newer units have advanced evaporation technology that eliminates the use of a tank and utilizes a exhaust tube. If one does the proper research the proper portable AC will be a great addition to any small grow room.

ocitown

ocitown

Compliant420Grower

• Gold Member
  • 7,410 posts

ocitown

ocitown

Compliant420Grower

• Gold Member
  • 7,410 posts

Anony

Anony

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 7,842 posts
Ah, well thats news to me! Sweet feature!

Tommyt916

Tommyt916

• Registered Upgraded
  • 142 posts
Thanks Guys. Temps are in the low 80's curently and thats with the door open and exaughst running all the time. Once the door is closed, Mylar is up and exaughst fan is shut off (To release co2) temps will be in the 90's, So I really want to try one of the portable AC units. Since I'm going to add some CO2, Whats the ideal temp then?

ocitown

ocitown

Compliant420Grower

• Gold Member
  • 7,410 posts

Tommyt916

Tommyt916

• Registered Upgraded
  • 142 posts
Thanks oci. I'm going to grab one this weekend and see how much of a difference it makes for me. I'll let you guys know.

Tommyt916

Tommyt916

• Registered Upgraded
  • 142 posts
OK Guys, I got the portable A/C but I have another problem that I dint think about. If I eject CO2 into the room, the A/C will filter it out of the room through the exhaust) and I cant keep a good co2 enviroment. My question is...

If I use that portable A/C to run VERY COLD air over my light (Which is currently being cooled by room temp air) will that decrease the amount of heat that it is throwing out? (I need about 5-7 degrees cooler.)

Also, is it safe to run staright air conditioned air over a 1000w light? Any help is appreciated!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users