Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting high in a group vs. Getting alone

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by StickyGanja, May 9, 2008.

1. i like gettin high in a small group- five people at most. anything more, you have to have more than one person supplying.
    i dont mind getting high alone, for most of the practical reasons before me, but i feel like i have more fun when im with a group

2. I enjoy both, they both have their ups. However the biggest difference for me is when I get super baked and i'm alone I tend to go into an extreme introspective high state. I analyze everything going on in my life, and sometimes I think up insane WHAT IF scenarios like little conspiracy theories in my brain about my own life. weird stuff

3. Definitely. I think I might at this point in my life have a slight preference for smoking with other people, since I'm at a stage where I now have a pretty good handle on what makes me me... so I'm interested in hearing what other people have to offer to this experience of life, and sharing what I think with other people.

But sometimes I just need to work out my own problems and hangups, and the best way to do that is in a room (quiet or with music) by yourself with a bowl.

4. #44 blindguardian, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    I LOVE to blaze alone. It's awesome I can listen to whatever music i want, (it seems like i can deciper music better, like feel what the artist was feeling ya know) and just chill do whatever i want. But i am also the guy at the party walking around passing his pipe to EVERYBODY. And continuoulsy packing bowls all night.

So i prefer to smoke and be high alone. I am not stingy with my weed at all. Everybody should be able to feel what I am feeling. Yup. :smoking:

5. I pay for my ganj, just like you pay for your shit. I'm not just gonna give you 20 bucks for nothing, unless I know you'd pay me back.

6. lol kinda blew my mind right there, im still pretty high :D

I like both, depending who I'm smoking with. I smoke with a lot of people at my school, but I've definitely had those sessions where a person(s) can be very annoying. Generally I like smoking with my "core" friends.

Was also wondering, does anyone else find it funny how your straight edge friends act when you and your smoker friends are blazed and are kicking it? maybe someone knows what i mean... :smoking:

7. #47 steelhound56, Feb 5, 2010
    Definitely alone. The people that i smoke with usually don't pack bowls very well, don't corner, and usually leave stale smoke in the bong that i almost always have to clear (too big of a hit= wasted weed)

Plus its just nice to relax, toke a bowl or two and enjoy some music or a movie (although I'm an introvert by nature)

Yeah, it is rather funny, i went over to my straight edged friends house blazed as hell before. He didn't even notice I had smoked.

But when he does, he kinda makes me angry because he keeps trying to mess with me, expecting me to freak out or something. I said to him once, dude, stop. It's annoying and you're killing my buzz/high

8. In a group preferrably but I smoke alone a lot also.
    I've always smoked in a group the first time I smoked was in a group, it's always been mine and my friend's thing to all just come to my house buy some smoke and blaze all night.

9. I prefer it alone... but if I am drinking then getting crunk with a group is better. It is hard for me to resist packing a bowl and sending everyone to the moon when they are already drunk at a party.

10. when i blaze with my good friends we sit there and talk for a while
    when i blaze with my new friends we blaze then everyone want to go home and masterbate i guess
    so since my good friends are no longer with me i perfer to be alone

11. 4 is the limit.

12. I have been getting high alone a lot lately... and I personally enjoy it very much. I can listen to what I want, do what I want, and save weed. Plus most of my friends always make a mess and it's really fucking annoying.:(

13. it depends on the circumstances. for example when im closing at work nothing beats smoking a facial, but if its a saturday night and i gotta blunt i like to hang wit da homiez but either or is straight

14. #55 blueskyafterrai, Feb 5, 2010
    I've been getting high with the homies for years so we have the same stories and what not...so, I save blazing with the homies for after we do something, like go surf or dirtbike ride or go on a trip...something with new stories. I enjoy blazing with new people because there can sometimes be a lot to talk about, but for some reason I find that I feel like I have to spark and bring up conversation. Just recently, I've tried just being quiet but that feels uncomfortable because it feels like I should be talking...anyway, fuck listening to emotions, now I just chill and be quiet. At my young age I've found that my day is usually spent just going around repeating what I said the last time I see people. For example, I see someone and we say whats up and go get high..happens that way all the time. With all this said my favorite way to smoke is late at night when nobody is even thinking about me. All alone I toke and really get into the high because I can be quite and comfortable. It's funny too because with my homies, we've shared so many experiences we can each go our own way and smoke and still be together... For instance, the other day we got done mountain biking and we were like, later! looking at each other in somewhat of a rush to get home and smoke alone hahah. Seriously I'm going to go toke up right now.. alone

Also, I feel that if I am too open with smoking I can endanger my future. I'm actually to be an engineer so...I do not want too many collegues or faculty to know. So, I'm cool being a stoney loner pursuing my dreams and making them become reality one moment at a time. Just writing this out has made this make sense...

I'd rather be high alone, it's more comfortable.

According to societies views:
    1) I'm breaking the law.
    2) I'm setting a bad example.
    3) I'm burning brain cells.

1), 2), 3), cough cough bull shit! Thomas Jefferson blazed, Benjamin Franklin had his stash. Anyway some of the most notable engineers in written history blazed.

...>But because of 1) 2) and 3) I smoke alone, for the most part. Now this is all an extreme point of view...I leave room in my life to burn with the homies

15. prefferbebly i like smokin by my self at night better, but then everyday after school i always blaze up wit some friends so its even even cause they always throw like 8 on it when i have 2 :D

16. i do both pretty much on the daily. its all depends on what i'm in the mood to do though. sometimes its fun to go out and fuck around for a day with some friends but other times its just nice to chill in your room with a bowl and relaxing.

17. Yeah, if its their first time around you or if they just can't get over the fact that your blazing they get all like attentive and like what's going to happen next, like some crazy stuffs going to happen. I dont know though everyones different sometimes people are cool to blaze around because they still act funny..:smoking:

18. I second this. As much as ganja is meant to be shared it's also personal. If it's my bud that means

1.) I worked for the money to buy it
    2.) I went through my connection to get it (regardless of whether it's an easy task or not)
    3.) I didn't buy an 1/8th to get 1 smoke up out of it

19. #60 NorCal_Cyclist, Feb 5, 2010
    I also enjoy both....groups tend to lend themselves to "laugh-fests" as the high can feed off and build from others. I also enjoy the solitude of just kicking back and enjoying the buzz or going out and going for a hike or bike ride also - just to check out the sights, sounds, and smells. YMMV