what is the best marijuana strain there is? highest thc levels

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fireinside2288, May 9, 2008.

1. #61 spacedreams, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Well damn.... Can we get an official answer from somebody?

2. ^ ya what he said, the best strain will vary person to person, look up some of the recent cannabis cup winners to get an idea of what are some of the top strains, and so many variables have to be considered when growing so strain is hard to narrow it down

3. #63 spacedreams, Jun 6, 2011
    Yeah.. That's not an answer for me though.. Look at www.budgenius.com see what you can make of it.

4. This thread has convinced me that there is no reliable info on strains at all and I may as well grow out some bag seed sin semilla.

5. what ever "budda" or "thai sticks" come from. I have seen "thai" seeds but never "budda" seeds.
    But smoking that stuff was like taking acid, seriously strong. never anything like it.

6. THC makes you high... (a cerebral or energetic high)

CBD's help pain and make you sleepy.

there are a lot of other chemicals produced in a cannabis plant but as these are the 2 everyone worries about the short descriptions above will help, Please man if your not sure dont answer someone wrong.. It causes more confusion than 5 correct responces.

A little more info.. The longer a plant is left to mature the more THC is converts to CBD's. This is what the trichs turning amber is doing.
    So an early harvested indica (the type with higher cbd's ) can give a cerebral high, but most that want an indica want it for the pain relief... Hence they dont care about thc per say, but amber trichs and cbd's.

A late harvested indica although the thc is lower, can knock you on your butt from the CBD's.

Sativa's on the other hand tend to have very low cbd's. Its hard to get a couch lock from a sativa (in my experiance) even when its left to grow longer, but it will help more with pain (have tried and it does help), but I never seem to get a couch lock effect from them.

Most sativa's give a cerebral non sleepy and sometiems even an energetic stone. This effect means most people use sativa's for day time medication, the sleepy effect you get from the more indica breeds is known more for a night time med..

I hope this helps and remember you dont need to remember all the data in this post, jsut the first 2 lines.

btw on the best strain.. just dont believe the numbers breeders give you.. they are selling a product that sells for more the higher they say thier numbers are... not like govt's are gonna go after them for false advertising.

7. #67 spacedreams, Jun 7, 2011
    Cool man.. A couple spelling errors, haha, but who cares.. So basically more clear trichs = upper ,more amber trichs = downer ?

8. Yes. (might want to say "cloudy" instead of "clear" though) That's the conventional wisdom. But with the dozens of different kinds of psychoactive compounds in cannabis that have yet to be comprehensively studied by science, it's still too early to be definitive about this subject.

And there's other factors too. What about improper drying and curing after the harvest leading to less potency for example? Sure, you can have whatever you think is the perfect ratio of clear/cloudy/amber, but if you fuck up the drying/curing process then all this talk about THC, CBD and CBN doesn't mean shit does it? And what about 2 different growers growing clones off the SAME mother and 1 guy's weed is awesome and the other guy's is crappy even though he's growing not just the same strain, but the same exact plant? There's just so many factors that have absolutely nothing to do with the innate cannabinoid content of the weed that also impact the quality of high.

And just to add another level of complexity for shits and giggles, what about 2 people smoking the exact same bud and getting different highs off of it? Our own bodies each have unique responses to these chemicals which differ from someone else's, even if both people smoke the same sample. I've smoked weed that a friend told me was so amazing and got him so high and after smoking an 1/8th in about half an hour, i'm saying to myself "Wtf, it's only been 20 minutes and i'm completely sober already. This shit sucks."

The most truthful answer is that we just don't know enough yet. For now, the best way to know what the high is like is to just smoke it and see for yourself.

Weed is like food. What's the one ingredient that makes a hamburger taste good? Is it the quality of the raw beef? Is it the cooking technique (skill) that makes it taste good? Is it the bun? Is it the sesame seeds on the bun? What about the tomato and lettuce? What about the ketchup on the burger? Is it the salt and pepper content?

See what I'm getting at here? As a former chef, i can tell you that there is no such thing as "the one, single, isolated chemical compound" in food that makes it taste better the more there is of it in the food. It just doesn't work like that.

Great food is greater than the sum of its parts, and i suspect it is the same with THC and all the other cannabinoids, terpenes and essential oils in cannabis. I think it's NOT about how much THC or CBD is in a particular strain of bud, but rather i think it's about the ratio of THC to the other psychoactive compounds and how they synergistically interact with each other that is the real key behind how "high" we get from one bud to another. This is just a guess on my part though.

9. Elephant Bud THC level of 34%

[​IMG]

10. some good ass bomb ass dank ass dudeeeeee skunkskunkkkk
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulo6EC3It-E]YouTube - ‪smoking‬‏[/ame]

11. #71 spacedreams, Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah I was wandering what this was. There are plenty of different strains of thai. But I have some older friends that sware nothing can compare to the older buds. I also heard and read up on something about the person(grower/dealer) dipping the tied sticks into opium and embalming fluid to give it that acid like intensity. But regardless I'd like to know officially what they were, It'd be nice to see theyre face light up when they "take a hit from the past" and realize this its what they've been missing for some 40-50 odd years..

12. what happened to the kush strain

master kush
    purple kush
    blue dreams
    LA confidential
    personaly i would say those are probably the most heavy stoned buds ive ever had

13. ............blue dream....no. I love it. It's tasty. It isn't a top shelf THC bud though. Ever

14. Gotta agree. 2 of my last 4 pickups were Blue Dream. It's a good, well-balanced all-around smoke with a pleasant fruit-loopy smell and taste, but the high itself i'd describe as "medium" strength at best. 1 bowl of it kept me stoned for perhaps 45 minutes. No more.

15. lmao, you didnt smoke the dream. this stuff is sure to keep even the pickiest connoisseur happy. however, its clone only.

16. I'm willing to believe that you have sampled Blue Dream superior to what i've tasted, but before you make assumptions about me, consider that just maybe my tolerance is far, far higher than yours (and also that maybe i have been smoking longer than you). Unless you're some young, poor kid who just started smoking weed like 3-5 yrs ago, you really have to botch things up pretty bad to get bad weed around here in the NYC area these days. Even the ghetto weed from places like Newark is way better than it was 15 yrs ago......

I smoke about a half ounce a week on average. The level of consumption of my pals and me is certainly enough for us to regularly smoke pressed hash from our kief. The only things that gets me high for longer than an hour these days is good hash. Good weed can't compare to good hash, imho.

Refer back to my last post. I said Blue Dream is a nice all-around smoke. It's just not the best in the world. That's all.

17. Like I was saying and I think he was also saying, blue dream is awesome. But it isn't anywhere near the most potent or best bud.

18. Yup exactly. Don't understand why that other guy felt compelled to say i didn't know what i was talkin' about when he doesn't even know me.....

19. dude theres no bud that has 50% thats auctually natural with n added chems cause theres no fucking way alaskan thunder fuck has the highest i had one bowl of each and alaskan wins every time

hash and concentrats have the highest amount of thc or well good hash anyway

20. sadly not any more but there have been alaskans to reach 38% i dont think i cured it perfectly also im not in alaska but my climet is pretty good if you plant it at the right time but 38% is the record n the CBC or canaboids were like 1.3 % or some shit like that under 1.5 for sure