fuckin shrooms wont fruit!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by stoned budda, May 6, 2008.

1. OK, my cakes are covered in mycilium, its been 3 weeks since i've been waiting for them to pin, 2 of the cakes (the first ones to be completly covered) i put in the fridge over night to try to induce fruiting but nothing. The cakes look healthy as hell, they are in a terrarium, fanned, hi-humidity, etc.

WTF?

2. No idea why they arn't fruiting, but you can always eat the cake if nothing works.

Did you try the shroomery?

3. i'll see what i can find on the shroomery. You can eat the cake?

4. Yea, I've never personally done it because I haven't grown shrooms, but I've read reports of being able to eat the cake.

There doesn't seem as though there would be any harm in it and they say that there is a large amount of pscilocyban in the cake itself.

5. ^ that and a large amount of brown rice and vermiculite, u might as well be eating dirt

that sucks that ur shit isnt fruiting man, i plan on growing shrooms and now i'm nervous, ur the one who inspired me to want to grow em n now i'm bummed

6. Dont be bummed man. My son in law grew some under the same conditions and they were awesome. It could be anything, even the strain.

7. I'm pretty sure they don't have fruits.

8. What are you talking about?

9. obviously that guy has no clue

by fruiting he means "actual mushrooms starting to grow"

kinda like when weed buds its called flowering, "whaa? weed doesnt have flowers"

10. dunk and roll, then cold shock

11. i had a batch not fruit once... it was definatley due to low humidity... even a couple of drops down to 60% can totally fuck em up

12. I'm going to dunk and roll.

After i dunk in water in the refridgerator for 12 hours, should i just roll the cake in dry vermiculite or should i pat dry and place immeadiatly into the fruiting chamber?

Remember im a newb.

13. I Pulled the ones i had in the fruiting chamber and dunked them. That was definitely the problem, they were on the dry side but still very healthy looking. I'll dunk over night and place back in the fruiting chamber tomorrow,

14. lightly pat them dry... let them sit for about 5-15 minutes then roll/pour dry verm all over them... then put them back in the FC. after 15 minutes or so in the FC mist them generously, go back and mist them every 15 minutes or so for about 2 hrs. You want that verm to soak up some water. The reason you let it sit for a while is so you dont knock off all the verm at first

15. while 12 hours is probably fine, I usually dunk for 24 hours.

no need to pat them dry, just roll your cakes around in some vermiculite and put them in your FC

16. Theres no risk of contamination from the vermiculite?

17. I wouldnt say no risk, but I have never heard of a dunk and roll causing contamination and it has never caused problems for me.

fully colonized cakes ar very strong against contaminants. That is why it is soo key to make sure the cakes are fully colonized before birthing because any uncolonized portions are like open wounds and can be points of contamination.

You have any pictures yet?

18. yeah i read alot about baking your verm and shit to keep against contams... but i never have and have never had a single contam after dunk and roll.. in fact like Nam said once fully colonized you can basically shit on them and they will be fine.

19. Well the first 4 are dunked and rolled, i got 4 more dunking as we speak and they will go in their terrarium tomorrow.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

20. Actually the buds ARE the flowers of the plant. Those orange hairs? They are the pistles of the flower.

As for the mushrooms, have your tried singing to them? Maybe you just need to mellow them out, so they can stride into puberty with confidence :smoking: