Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Am I having withdrawal symptoms? *Nausea, loss of apetite*

• Please log in to reply

norcalstoner

norcalstoner

In a Trichome Forest....

• Registered Upgraded
  • 535 posts
I havn't eaten more than 1 meal per day over the past 2 days... I go to eat I feel like I have no apetite.

I usually smoke 2 grams a day, but stopped for a t-break and was low on $$.

It's only been like 4 days now since I smoked.

This morning I took one bite of a banana and pretty much almost threw up (did that weird puke a little in the mouth thing), and I normally like bananas.

I have been getting a workout at night, skating for 1 or 1 and 1/2 hours, sweating a lot.

I am 155lbs, 6'0 if that helps.

Any way to combat this nausea? And gain my apetite back? BESIDES smoking of course.

Thanks for your help.

BlazinX1

BlazinX1

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,518 posts
No you are not having withdrawal symptoms since the only withdrawal weed can cause is mental withdrawal but thats usually becauses you have other problems you are just hiding with weed.

Chances are you are just sick.

norcalstoner

norcalstoner

In a Trichome Forest....

• Registered Upgraded
  • 535 posts
Okay, well at least that's good to hear, sort of haha.

I know its not any food I previously ate, because I am on the dorms in college, so its not the food, or a lot of people would be sick.

I did pretty much have the poon squirts twice already today, so maybe I have been taking in too much sugar or something. I am too lazy to googling lol.

Weird. I feel fine otherwise. Maybe I just need to pick up a gram to cure this nausea.

Guest_kinetic being_*

Guest_kinetic being_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
It is probably because you are so used to only eating when you have the "muchies," so your normal hunger reflex is weaker than it should be, because you are so used to the enhanced pot-induced hunger reflex. It should even itself out in a few days, you're not going to die if you still eat every day, so don't be worried. Just eat when you get hungry, and even if you aren't hungry, try to eat some food every day. Your body still wants food, it just doesn't have that pot that always comes before the food, so its a little confused.

My Fax

My Fax

Just the Fax, Ma'am

• Old School
  • 4,080 posts
^^What he said.

Sounds to me like you're just malnourished.

Tical00

Tical00

DS Nerd

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,369 posts
Eat some veggies and fruit. Theres no such thing as MJ withdrawl.

negligent

negligent

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

No you are not having withdrawal symptoms since the only withdrawal weed can cause is mental withdrawal but thats usually becauses you have other problems you are just hiding with weed.

once again, people refuse to believe that weed has ANY addictive properties whatsoever

its not "usually" because u have other issues, its "usually" because weed is a drug, and the high you experience is obtained through a change in dopeamine/serotonin levels in the brain, and when you smoke all the time and then stop your brain takes time to adjust back to its normal serotonin/dopeamine levels, aka mental withdrawl aka weed is an addictive drug

maybe not crack/meth/heroin addictive, but addictive none the less

nushaganazad

nushaganazad

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,611 posts
its just mental, youll get over with it bro. Chill and smoke a bowl :hippie:

enevitable

enevitable

food tv for life mayng

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,165 posts

once again, people refuse to believe that weed has ANY addictive properties whatsoever

its not "usually" because u have other issues, its "usually" because weed is a drug, and the high you experience is obtained through a change in dopeamine/serotonin levels in the brain, and when you smoke all the time and then stop your brain takes time to adjust back to its normal serotonin/dopeamine levels, aka mental withdrawl aka weed is an addictive drug

Negligent is right, anything that you can develop a tolerance to means that there is some sort of brain chemistry changing. Luckily the withdrawal symptoms are fairly negligible.

tokey420

tokey420

u wanna get high?

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
I get the same way sometimes, but it always goes back to normal within a week which is why it doesn't really strike me as "withdrawal" (but I guess that depends on your definition of withdrawal). Like kinetic said you're just used to eating when youre high, if you're anything like me you really don't eat much sober cuz you just "aren't hungry" but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal because you eat once you smoke. Take away the smoking and you still don't want to eat sober soo...it'll fix itself, just eat a little bit so you don't mess yourself up, try eating just a few bites of something every few hours.

T breaks don't seem like that big of a deal to us but to our body when we stop smoking cold turkey (and you're used to smoking 2 grams a day) it's gotta throw it off a bit....

norcalstoner

norcalstoner

In a Trichome Forest....

• Registered Upgraded
  • 535 posts
Thanks for the info, very helpful and informative.

BlazinX1

BlazinX1

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,518 posts

Perhaps, but I generally don't consider that addiction. Sure it has some addictive properties but I wouldn't consider weed an addictive drug that leads to withdrawals.

For example if you smoke alot of weed all the time, and are dry for a day you're not going to withdraw, atleast I've never met anyone like that.

However, as you and I both know from doing heroin, what happens maybe a day tops after you stop doing heroin? Sure if you do dope once you won't get addicted, you smoke once you won't get addicted. But I know people who smoke every day they can and if they can't for a day or two or a week they are fine. People on here take tolerance breaks all the time, or stop to pass drug tests, but how many people take tolerance breaks from heroin after using daily, none because they are addicted.

Maybe there are drugs that are only mentally addictive and not physicall such as marijuana, however, a problem with heroin addicts is they crave the drug so much they need to take drugs such as suboxen and methadone yet there are no drugs to ease marijuana withdrawal, because it typically doesn't exist.

So although it may be addictive, the majority of people do not have any withdrawal symptoms from marijuana.

So we could argue over this all day, but I don't think that will get anywhere, hopefully we can agree that almost no one gets physically addicted to marijuana, and a large majority of people don't get mentally addicted (other than liking to get high, which in case I'm addicted to alot of things because i like them) to marijuana because if they did why don't we have "weed addicts" who have to go to weed clinics to take drugs to function and not crave weed.

gord420

gord420

Stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,168 posts
The same thing happens to me if I dont smoke for about 24 hours.

Weebie

Weebie

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,958 posts
That's really odd... I hear things like this a lot when talking to people who have taken t breaks and what not..

But honestly the exact opposite thing happens to me.. When I blaze yea I'll get the munchies but I can't eat that much just because .. I don't want to eat that much. (I actually lost about 20 pounds since I became a pot head)

When I quit for 2 1/2 months I honestly gained 10 pounds from eating big whole meals... I could just eat and eat and eventually feel full but not as quickly as I would if I was stoned.

PS about the banana thing... I like bananas... But I can't eat over 1/4th of a banana or I will start gagging and feel like throwing up... weirdest fucking thing ever.. :confused:

jakerz

jakerz

• Registered Upgraded
  • 257 posts

bullshit. Its clear he's having withdrawls from Mary Jane....

2 grams a day for how long? of course quitting cold turnkey is going to do this to you...the only thing that can beat the symptoms is time...itll pass within a couple of days. good luck man!

jasonames

jasonames

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,What are the diseases caused by smoking?

stickey_fingerz

stickey_fingerz

pina coladas in Kokomo

• Silver Member
  • 10,404 posts

Fostermartin

Fostermartin

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi jasonames,
There are various harmful effects on the human body caused by smoking such as infertility, cancer, heart attack, aging, weakness of nerves, etc. To know much about the effects, log on to: http://smokingharms.com/

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

A monkey could give better advice then this guy... Withdrawal symptoms are 100% real I been smoking an ounce every 2 weeks for years when I stopped I couldn't touch food for a week it will go away just be patient it's the 420 causing this

Casual smokers have nothing to worry about this is usually for hardcore smokers

Redmancometh

Redmancometh

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
[quote name='BlazinX1']Perhaps, but I generally don't consider that addiction. Sure it has some addictive properties but I wouldn't consider weed an addictive drug that leads to withdrawals.[/quote]
The universe doesn't give 2 shits what you think when it comes to objective reality. Things are or aren't, so consideration as a conclusion is useless.

[quote]It had been believed that cannabis use did not lead to tolerance and that there was no withdrawal syndrome. However, since the mid-1970s, these views have been challenged by many experimental and observational studies[/quote]
Psychiatric effects of cannabis

BJ Psych is an accepted mainstream source for graduate-level college classes, so I figure it will do. There are a million others though.

[quote]For example if you smoke alot of weed all the time, and are dry for a day you're not going to withdraw, atleast I've never met anyone like that.[/quote]
Depending on ratio of the density between the CB1 and CB2 receptors you are actually "high" as far as your body is concerned for as long as 48 hours (21 hour average with a 3.2 hour standard deviation). The more you smoke the greater the discrepancy between the densities. This lag time is directly proportional to the withdrawal period in most cases.

[quote]However, as you and I both know from doing heroin, what happens maybe a day tops after you stop doing heroin? Sure if you do dope once you won't get addicted, you smoke once you won't get addicted. But I know people who smoke every day they can and if they can't for a day or two or a week they are fine. People on here take tolerance breaks all the time, or stop to pass drug tests, but how many people take tolerance breaks from heroin after using daily, none because they are addicted. [/quote]
Never shot up so I can't speak to that. Done mountains of glass, and it's consistent with what you're saying. That being said I dip almost constantly now (it's amazing when your high), and I've quit for a few days without a problem.

[quote]Maybe there are drugs that are only mentally addictive and not physicall such as marijuana, however, a problem with heroin addicts is they crave the drug so much they need to take drugs such as suboxen and methadone yet there are no drugs to ease marijuana withdrawal, because it typically doesn't exist.[quote]
Don't know if you know this but your brain is a part of your body. It's more of a part of your body then most parts of your body in fact! You know what the pharmacological mechanism of action for suboxen is? It binds to the kappa and mu opioid receptors, and to a lesser extent ORL1 and sigma. In kappa and mu it's a partial agonist, so it will bind to the receptor site and physically block the opioids from acting.

Suboxen is supposed to be incredibly effective. Because most (not ALL but the majority) of the withdrawal symptoms from most drugs start at the brain. Specifically it starts with receptor density. Yet those issues cause physiological issues of medical significance. It's the exact same case with bud.

By the way there is a drug awaiting FDA approval for marijuana withdrawal (it already has other uses) called Lofexidine. In addition to that I've personally been prescribed clonazepem (10mg I think only 5 of them) for marijuana withdrawals. Court-ordered drug counseling can eat a testicle.

There are a bunch of other drugs that have the "off-label" use of treating marijuana withdrawal.

[quote]So although it may be addictive, the majority of people do not have any withdrawal symptoms from marijuana.[/quote] You're right the majority do not have addiction issues or withdrawal issues. The addiction incidence is supposedly 2.3% (probably significantly higher) *among users* which isn't very high, but it definitely exist. We're talking about the disease model of addiction in those cases as a paradigm, so it's extremely addictive in those cases.
You probably think marijuana has never hurt anybody. It totally freaking hasn't...directly. Did you know one of the major withdrawal symptoms is depression? Obviously it's not as bad as the depression from heroine, glass, coke, w/e, but it's there.
The other one is anxiety and nervous energy. The problem is that some people are more sensitive (in a clinically insignificant way in *any* other context) to being "wound up." In these people it can cause panic attacks. Regardless of what you think when you hear panic attack I can assure they are serious. Quite a few people have had panic attacks behind the wheel, and been smeared across semi trucks. It's borderline-impossible to nail down THC withdrawal for co-morbidity or cause because it's exactly that....withdrawal...a lack of.

The worst part of it is also the worst part of major depressive disorder...suicide. I have a friend I was extremely close to who had some very bad things happen in her life at one point. Due to all these bad things she decided that after 2 and a half years it was a good time to quit pot. They found her in her bathtub with wrists cut open. It could have been other things, but she was talking about how shitty the withdrawal symptoms were making her feel.

I'm not saying don't do pot. I have a fucking blunt in my mouth as I'm typing this! You have to understand the idea that there is "no physical withdrawal" and "no possibility for addiction" is really, really dangerous with some people. They see it as a ticket to go wild, and say fuck it to all limits. Eventually you're burning an ounce of hydro every couple days, and it IS affecting your functioning as a human.

Weed is amazing, but it's like anything else. You have to exhibit at least a little self control. I had a pretty significant problem with it (among other things) at one point, and it can start to interfere. If you smoke a few times a day during down time that's one thing. You can't smoke all freaking day and function as a person properly though.

Just my 2 cents sorry to bust balls, but it holds personal significance. Enough for me to register here, and type up this long ass post.
  • Mungo man and Smoking Sister like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users