Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

when will a plant start to smell like cannabis?

• Please log in to reply

dcoully123

dcoully123

• Registered Upgraded
  • 108 posts
how long growing will a plant start to make cannabis odours?:confused:

HighGrowMan

HighGrowMan

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,397 posts

how long growing will a plant start to make cannabis odours?:confused:

The WW seedlings that i'm doing right now take about a month and a half till two months before they show sex, and at that point they start to smell.

Different strains will stink more than others. In my opinion white widow is one of the stinkier strains.

motorheed

motorheed

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,406 posts
to a nose thats knows :)
you can tell the distinctive foliage smell quite early into veg... quite easily...

Smellysocks

Smellysocks

• Registered Upgraded
  • 158 posts
Yea whenever THC is created, trichrome heads are responsible for the "dank" odor--so when it starts to show sex and when you move into flowering is when the odors get pungent. However, depending on your ventilation, air circulation, and odor control... You may have major or minor smell problems.

Hash Browns

Hash Browns

Addicted

• Registered Upgraded
  • 609 posts
it will smell like weed once you plant it. just caress a couple leaves with your hand and you will notice the smell on your hands after. before flowering though it shouldn't be too bad, but once it starts to flower it really stanks.
  • Rhinodank likes this

devin313

devin313

Cannabis King

• Registered Upgraded
  • 144 posts
mine do already fairly strong@ 3 weeks
  • Huntahh likes this

Anony

Anony

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 7,842 posts
Yup, anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months, depends on strain and setup.

qubed55

qubed55

Infrequent User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 166 posts
Usually in the second week of flowering does it really get that stinky weed aroma, and by week 4 it will leak into the surrounding rooms unless you have a good vent system. That's probably how my neighbor found my shit, now that I think about it. That and the massive amount of soil he saw me with.:D Remember, the perfect grow room has no inside/outside vents, just chillers, but it is airtight from surrounding rooms in the house. Those vents will leak the cheeba smell wherever they're pointed.

dcoully123

dcoully123

• Registered Upgraded
  • 108 posts
Thanks for the feedback, i tried rubbing my finger on the leaves there is some sort of a weed smell not completely but theres a little bit and it's only like 2 weeks veg thanks anyway guys for the feedback.

LowC

LowC

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
Posted Image
i'm hungry :hello:

(d)bubba(k)

(d)bubba(k)

A MUTHAFUCKA WITH A DREAM

• Registered Upgraded
  • 184 posts

Yea whenever THC is created, trichrome heads are responsible for the "dank" odor--so when it starts to show sex and when you move into flowering is when the odors get pungent. However, depending on your ventilation, air circulation, and odor control... You may have major or minor smell problems.

Terpenes are responsible for the cannabis smell, THC by itself is odorless.

Talkfromtoke

Talkfromtoke

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
my zero gravity started smelling about 14 days after i planted it :) But my other ones dont smell yet, like others said; its strain specific.

Makyuras

Makyuras

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi totally new here as well in growing, so Im planing to grow a single plant in a container about 26" tall my question is, does the smell of a single plant can cause trouble?? I mean how much can it be??

keef1986

keef1986

• Registered Upgraded
  • 169 posts
Definitely depends on strain. My cousin had an outdoor plant that was skunky as hell 1 month after planting it, meanwhile, I had 4 plants indoor in late flower and it wasn't even close. Of course I have some ventilation but no carbon filter. I was also growing some fruity strains: pineapple chunk, vanilla kush.

drimminstoned18

drimminstoned18

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Fruity strains i found arnt too bad but it varies, Any skunk variety from my exerience is deffenitly not something to grow in an appt , momma house , or close neighborhood.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users