Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Smoking after having a tooth pulled

• Please log in to reply

okland_2007

okland_2007

• Registered Upgraded
  • 102 posts
Im not sure how many of you have heard of this or have even had teeth pulled but i was told not to smoke for up to a week after a tooth is pulled. They say smoking can cause "dry socket" which ive heard is painful as all hell. Any ideas? Hows breathing it threw your nose?:D

djb1z

djb1z

Zig-Zag Bong Champ

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,121 posts
I wouldn't if you get one they gotta go in for more surgery and re open it up plus they are painful as he'll and more surgery is gonna cost you more money

mattc707

mattc707

Glass Fiend

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,110 posts
The first thing I did when I got home from getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out was take a bong rip. The first thing I said when I woke up from the surgery is that I'm a medical marijuana patient, and how long until I can use my medicine, and she said 48 hours. I never got a dry socket though, but I think I'm lucky.

INS the Rebel

INS the Rebel

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 669 posts
i smoked almost immediately after i got my wisdom teeth out. i had friends rip my bong for me and then let me clear it! hahah! pals are great. suction will probaly hurt. in addition, its not good to have smoke on your affected areas. it can cause infection and makes your mouth dirty which will probably make it tough for the bitch to heal. my suggestion is not to smoke joints or blunts or anything for a while. not even pipes. anything with water and anything you could preferably get someone else to rip would be prime. if you got a vape, thatd be key as sshit as well. remember, though, in the end, your health is more important than smoking as much as you would regularly. i lost some mobility in my jaw from my wisdom teeth surgery (anything in your mouth is pretty serious to operate on.

okland_2007

okland_2007

• Registered Upgraded
  • 102 posts
They tell you not to smoke because of the suction it can cause, i can see that being a problem if i was sucking on a joint or a bowl but i made a big waterfall i can just inhale the smoke instead of sucking. Doesnt seem to be a problem yet

mattc707

mattc707

Glass Fiend

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,110 posts
Try to smoke from anything with less resistance, maybe roll a nice loose joint.

ACole420

ACole420

Is Master of His World

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,348 posts
I smoked the day after i got my wisdom teeth out and i got a dry socket from it but i kept smoking either way. That shit hurt so bad.

godsthirdnut

godsthirdnut

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,704 posts
smoking weed is no big deal. when they say no smoking they really mean tobacco because the nicotine affects how well your platelets can clot, causing the scabs in your mouth to come off. suction is also a minor issue, just make sure your piece is clean and if you use a bong use a lower water level then normal.

okland_2007

okland_2007

• Registered Upgraded
  • 102 posts
If u did get dry socket then wut did u smoke out of. I plan on using a big waterfall that way im not really botherin it. So the smoke shouldnt have any effect on the wound?

Toke N' Choke

Toke N' Choke

• Registered Upgraded
  • 932 posts
its funny you mention this man because I was gonna post this up 2 days ago but never did. I just got a tooth pulled too and I asked him about smoking in time for 420 and he said probably not. However the minute I got back into town I took a bong rip, i just let that shit get covered with gauze. Either that or i put the pipe deep into my mouth(my own piece and smoking by myself) so the smoke wont come to the hole and then exhale through my nose. However I dont think that is sufficient because when they pulled my tooth it opened up my sinus hole(tooth to nose) so going through nose could still get the gums. I'm just taking amoxicillin and chillin on smoking fo ra minute

okland_2007

okland_2007

• Registered Upgraded
  • 102 posts
Its been about 24hrs since the surgery so im gunna give it a shot. If it does come out theres always vicodin. I cant miss this weekend!:smoking: :hello:

Toke N' Choke

Toke N' Choke

• Registered Upgraded
  • 932 posts

Its been about 24hrs since the surgery so im gunna give it a shot. If it does come out theres always vicodin. I cant miss this weekend!:smoking: :hello:

ditto i got some lortabs too. I think im definitely baking some goods for this weekend as well.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users