Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account
Photo

acapulco gold

• Please log in to reply

TheFlyinBurrito

TheFlyinBurrito

• Registered Upgraded
  • 373 posts
cause there so hard to find its like findin the headlites for and old ass car or wat ever u need to find old ass car parts for some times you wont find it(mybe if u buy a old van ull find 14 pounds of it stashed some ware) but u should foucus on new strains and wen they die out and ur old or wat ever tell all the younger stoners bout how great they were

Similar Topics: acapulco gold     x

JuicyJBB

JuicyJBB

Pure Sativa Preservation

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,354 posts

The only weed being smuggled in was acapulco gold. The rest of the stuff was homegrown. Acapulco gold was "the weed". Anything else was garbage back then. It was truly a legend.

It was always loaded into planes by the bail. Then its sold to dealers and bagged down to smaller and smaller amounts until it hits the casual buyer. IT's not "brick shit" its just how it was done.

~http://www.erowid.or..._faq1.shtml#3-2 Their common misconceptions page. I knew we couldn't have destroyed such a monster strain!

Acapulco Gold wasn't the only good strain dude. There were plenty primo strains. Panama Red, Black Magic African, Haze, Thai, Colombian Red, Colombian Gold, Maui Wowie, etc. were around back then to, Nice article dude. 40% THC! I remember reading an article that named a certain pharmaceutical company from the early 1900s that was selling the most potent marijuana ever.

JuanDiaz

JuanDiaz

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
"Do people still sell it? Do any of you buy it? This was very popular in the 60's 70's and even in the 80's. It was basically the best bud, but was always grown outdoors and not in the states. This shit was so good they smuggled it in using planes. I would love to try the stuff considering all the hype around it. It was much more popular than Purple Haze."

sayin shit like that in mexico could get you stabbed be careful

Phaedrus

Phaedrus

Phaedrus

• Registered Upgraded
  • 324 posts
I smoked some back in the 90's it was around for a minute but then it was gone haven't seen it since. You know I picked up some Goo the other day that looked similar to AG but it wasn't as yellow...does anyone know if Goo is crossed with AG?

blasphemy

blasphemy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 226 posts
any strain of weed from the 70s could never be the best bud ever. we've advanced way too much since then

Highbinder

Highbinder

Jumpin' Blues

• Old School
  • 5,267 posts

any strain of weed from the 70s could never be the best bud ever. we've advanced way too much since then

And who made you owner of the universe? Proof please, kthxbai

Guest_italian stallion_*

Guest_italian stallion_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

I'd love to have some of those seeds.

Posted Image

Here is that pic. I think this one is AC GOLD I have 3 others that could be columbian. I have a friend who remembers the AC was lighter color????

rdlfiddy

rdlfiddy

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0wman Posted Image
weed from the Appalachian MTS. is the best weed in the world.

anyone ever heard of meigs county gold grown right here in meigs county ohio been around since the trex i think.the bud are so covered in keif that they appear to look gold hints the name

oxalic32

oxalic32

• Registered Upgraded
  • 505 posts

Acapulco Gold wasn't the only good strain dude. There were plenty primo strains. Panama Red, Black Magic African, Haze, Thai, Colombian Red, Colombian Gold, Maui Wowie, etc. were around back then to, Nice article dude. 40% THC! I remember reading an article that named a certain pharmaceutical company from the early 1900s that was selling the most potent marijuana ever.

Yea i was exaggerating. But it was basically legendary in its time.

JuicyJBB

JuicyJBB

Pure Sativa Preservation

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,354 posts

Read the thread.

tittiefish

tittiefish

Freeballing!

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

~http://www.erowid.or..._faq1.shtml#3-2 Their common misconceptions page. I knew we couldn't have destroyed such a monster strain!

As far as the Erowid misconception page goes just because it's in print doesn't make it true. Besides they offer no evidence to their claim other than a reference to a tincture that is 40% THC. That doesn't necessarily mean the bud it was made from was 40% THC. You can do an alcohol extraction with 5% THC schwag and evaporate off the alcohol until the THC concentration reaches 40% in the solution.

EuDxKing

EuDxKing

Spreading the word

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,643 posts

cause there so hard to find its like findin the headlites for and old ass car or wat ever u need to find old ass car parts for some times you wont find it(mybe if u buy a old van ull find 14 pounds of it stashed some ware) but u should foucus on new strains and wen they die out and ur old or wat ever tell all the younger stoners bout how great they were

Much harder than that.
Try finding the original gear stick for a 1975 Mercedes Binz

Blaze all day

Blaze all day

Wait...what?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,756 posts

Acapulco Gold is a great strain, it was legendary. I've smoked Acapulco Gold, I have Acapulco Gold seeds. My bestfriends father knows somebody who grows it and it's easy to come by for him, he gets it quite often. I loved the stuff, it has some very unique qualities. The stuff makes colors look amazingly vibrant. It's a sativa, the high was similar to that of some really dank Skunk but with it's own unique qualities that you wouldn't find elsewhere. That's how it got it's popularity way back when, the stuff was unique. I heard plenty of stories from old timers and spent some time looking into it, the strain is truly amazing. By all accounts, the stuff is/was great.

A lot of people seem to be under the misconception that marijuana was less potent back then. There has never been anything to prove that, besides test that were done on samples that were not stored properly. If you said that the marijuana of that era wasn't as good as the marijuana today to a person like DJ Short they would be appalled. Some people would argue that it was even better back then. DJ Short even says that it was during the '60s and '70s that the best marijuana was around. Marijuana that was being grown outdoors in ideal conditions was being imported into the United States. Of course that doesn't mean the era didn't have it's share of schwag, but there were plenty of great genetics around during the time. Of course, marijuana cultivation has made many great strides but this stuff was grown outdoors in great climates. Think about some of the strains that were around back then.

Panama Red - Needs no introduction
Haze - Is still around today.
Acapulco Gold - Put it this way, Acapulco Gold and Haze were around during the same time period. Obviously any theory of weed back then being inferior to the weed of today can be quickly debunked when you take into consideration that both of these strains were around during the same period and both were considered primo strains. Haze is still around today and is still considered an amazing strain. A lot of people would say Acapulco Gold tops Haze.
Black Magic African - Probably one of the greatest strains ever. You probably won't find this stuff outside of New York City though. The stuff was always rare and still is rare, I mean extremely rare.
Northern Lights - Still around today, still remains highly respected
Maui Wowie - I have never smoked this but I've only heard good stuff about it. Still around to this day
Colombian Gold - Still around to this day
Thunderfuck - Considered to be one of the most potent strains ever.

Edit: Maybe these words from DJ Short may changes your opinion on the subject.

pics would REALLY help this claim.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users