growing in the arizona desert.... possible?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mae, Apr 9, 2008.

1. I was curious if it would be possible to start a grow in the desert. Not like only dirt and cactus desert but vegetated desert area.

2. Well, Cannabis can grow anywhere corn can grow. I think Tuscon is too hot. Cannabis can't handle temps above 80. Some temps in your area get to 110. Even an indoor grow would be a bitch to cool down.

3. how does it grow in mexico and africa if over 80 is an issue? maybe for indica genetics, although 110 is a stretch.

4. You can grow bud just about anywhere. In the desert the plants are obviously gonna need more personal care from you. Ive seen a few threads on other forums of desert growers in Zona.

5. link????

6. give me a few minutes to search that forum and I'll shoot you a pm.:)

7. Funny you should say this. Ive been reading alot on diff. forums for a while and most people say cannabis can thrive even in 100 degree wheather. And I know for a fact that it can handle 80 like nothing. Common since tells me you would just have to water more if it was that hot.

8. i would plant them in buckets with ur own soil mix b/c the desert dirt may be REALY dry