24 hr dark period before flowering?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by wannagrowbigbud, Apr 2, 2008.

1. I've been giving 3 days 72 hours of dark and I think it helps speed up the transition a week or more if you use advanced nuits bud ignitor with the dark period you should see a difference but only do it from veg not after you have been in the fruiting faze

2. I know this is an old thread but I still found it very interesting. I've got a so-called "auto" (herbies mixed pack, unmarked strain)that is coming up on 3 months old and still has no pistils or anything (although the fellas over in the auto thread said she's about to preflower and she's a girl from the pic), anyway my point being the other auto I planted same time, while smaller, is half way through budding and looking and smelling beautiful. This one is big and beautiful as well but all leaf and, frankly, getting too big. I had to lst her main cola because she was upward of 3 feet tall and still the 12/12 was still not doing the trick after a week, so she's been in a dark period for almost 24 hours now. I think I may transplant her tomorrow (she's also seeming a bit root bound in her 3 gallon pot), put her in the sun and see what happens. If anyone is reading this, wish me luck and I'll accept any advice if given. Thanks.

3. I've been growing for 8 years now , and i aways do 24hr of darkness before my 12/12. Including all the growers I've can to know over the years. I would say 5 day difference.

Attached Files:

4. To Cynrose 75 , i don't know how many rooms you have but i would give her 10hr of light and 14 off. That will definitely push her along. Is she a sativa?

• Agree Agree x 1