Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Do you need a screen?

• Please log in to reply

YipKong

YipKong

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Hey just wondering not a HUGE smoker but i enjoy it. Anyways i have this tiny ass bowl maybe the length of the spacebar on my keyboard. Just wondering i dont have a screen for it and looking at some pic's of peoples bowls some have screens. Does it really matter if you have a screen on your bowl or not?

o also a off topic question:

how much is a vaporizer that isnt the best but still gets you just as high? also how big are they and can they be hidden? just wondering for when i go to college i wouldn't mind one for the reduction in smoke you breath in i guess...

Similar Topics: Do you need a screen?     x

mattc707

mattc707

Glass Fiend

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,110 posts
I never use a screen when I smoke out of any glass.

Check eBay for vaporizers. Cheap ones there. Digital is best so you know what temp it is.

ISmokeRock

ISmokeRock

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 844 posts
go outside. find a pebble. wash pebble. sanitize pebble. redundancy ftw. smoke bowl without nasty hot ash and shit flying into your mouth when you take the last hit.

enjoy smoking your bud and not having it fall through the hole and not being smoked by you. :smoking:

FuglyFungus

FuglyFungus

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,102 posts
I always use to prefer them when I started. Now i never use them. They need to be securely in or they get annoying.

Stoner420Chick

Stoner420Chick

Blazin Blunts

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,042 posts
I have some. When I clean my bowl out I like them cause the hole is always bigger. But If I dont have a screen all I do is put a nug of bud covering the hole and then break the rest up better. It doesn't make too much of a difference...you can pack more in the bowl with no screen, not much but still a hit or two.

Spuds'n'Buds

Spuds'n'Buds

• Registered Upgraded
  • 204 posts
No I hate the taste and they're pointless. If you aren't smoking crappy weed the bud will stuck to the glass, never have I sucked in any ash/bud, not even with kief bowls. With my bong and bubbler I just stick a nug the size of the hole in first just to be cautious as they usually allow a lot to fall through.

Badpill

Badpill

i does what i does

• Registered Upgraded
  • 324 posts

No I hate the taste and they're pointless. If you aren't smoking crappy weed the bud will stuck to the glass, never have I sucked in any ash/bud, not even with kief bowls. With my bong and bubbler I just stick a nug the size of the hole in first just to be cautious as they usually allow a lot to fall through.

ummmmm when we talk about screens it usually refers to dry pieces....

duh your not gona taste the ash when your hitting a bong/bubbler :rolleyes:

Phat-Toi

Phat-Toi

Herb'N Legend

• Old School
  • 4,332 posts
When i think about screens it reminds me of the Cypress hill track hits from the bong "When i pack a fresh bowl i CLEAN THE SCREEN" aka glass screen cuz i do it too. If ima start my sesh off right ima clean my glass screen have it all nice and pack a good flowing bowl in the bong
  • windowPanes likes this

Boomhauer

Boomhauer

dang ol' boom, man

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,344 posts
Well, you'll only need a screen if you grind the bud because it'll fall throough. If you don't break it up, then you should be fine.

Meursault

Meursault

The Stranger

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,962 posts
I've only had one screen in my day. It was a glass screen (ie: little 3-pronged piece of glass.) It lasted about 3 bowls before I lost it. After cashing the first bowl I dropped it on the floor and found a moderately sized nug on the side of my desk so the 2 dollars or whatever I payed was worth it for that but after I lost it, I didn't miss it too much.

With a bong, ash obviously isn't a problem. I've used my pipe a lot and only gotten ash/bits of bud in my mouth a few times. I just inhale slowly.

NeOmega

NeOmega

Paradise Lost

• Registered Upgraded
  • 487 posts
I use them, because I prefer to grind my weed as small as possible. No reason, just personal preference, and having a screen underneath prevents any from falling in. It also keeps a lot of ash from being pulled through, so If I decide to scrape for resin later, its not as disgusting.

eleven357

eleven357

Bong hits on the roof

• Registered Upgraded
  • 9,270 posts
only when I smoke hash by itself.

Or if I am using a glass screen in my roor.

TokersAnonymous

TokersAnonymous

Amateur Mycologist

• Registered Upgraded
  • 776 posts
I use to use a screen, but it kept clogging up, and the taste was altered. Usually don't have a problem with ash falling through, just gotta be looking is all.

punkrawk4all

punkrawk4all

is female

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
I've never gone without a screen in my bong, and I actually don't know anyone who doesn't use one (with the exception of glass bongs because it sticks). I'm thinking anything that keeps the ash in one place but maybe I'm a neat freak?

It's funny, the bong shops around here sell the bongs/pipes with a free screen or two in general and it's just kinda a given that you have/use one. I guess it's a culture thing. :P

DrBlunt

DrBlunt

• Registered Upgraded
  • 375 posts
My friends and I normally don't use a glass screen, but I have been using one since I bought my bubbler a few weeks ago, and I like them alot. It came with it for free so why not use it.

They keep the ash all together and easy to blow out, and not in the chamber of your pipe.

plugged

plugged

plugged is hacked!!!!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 422 posts
Never had an ash problem, pipe has been my primary way of smoking since I started. I have the occasional blunt or joint, but most of the time it's in the pipe. Only ash problem I've ever had is when smoking with women who could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.. Even then, they have the ash problem, not me.

What I mean is, inhale slower, and ash won't be a problem. :)

bellsaad

bellsaad

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I also grind up my weed so I had to use a screen, but I just got this little bong, and now I am just not grinding it up as much. It is a personal thing I guess, but I kinda need to have my screens, just in case. :smoking:

jl262

jl262

• Registered Upgraded
  • 204 posts
i usually just put a piece of weed that a little bigger than the hole, over it and then make sure not to inhale to fast. i learned that the hard way after i got my first bowl. ended up swallowing some salvia. a screen couldnt hurt though

humpasaur

humpasaur

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Wow. I always wondered why that last hit was so fucking shitty. I also wondered what screens were for. Now I know.

misfits138

misfits138

We Are 138

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
After seeing my friend pop a nice solid piece of resin out from her screen, I've started to try using them myself. Just put one in Friday and will see if I get a nice build up I can use later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users