96 watt t5 biax bulb for veg?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Dreamofinsanity, Mar 30, 2008.

1. I came across this at http://www.ahsupply.com/96watt.htm and i think it's certainly a viable alternative to the standard 2' four tube fixtures or CFLs. Seems like it would pound out the light considering the dual 55 watt puts out around 10000 lumens. I need to know if anyone has any idea about the temp coming off of these things because i had a sad light from the 90's that makes a lot of heat but looks identical.
    Many thanks,
    Charles

2. You know, if your doing a stealth grow, if your doors shut, you can leave it slightly ventallated, so the heats not much of a problem, but yes, i THINK that's a "OK" alt, but dont take my word on it, i'm a noob.

3. I am using a 4' 4 bulb T5 for vegging in a 4 x 2 x 4 space. The temps can get into the 90s with no ventilation. A computer fan takes care of the heat. I have it mounted high on the box and it blows the warm air out into the room in the winter and outside in the summer.

4. #4 Rippedmofuck, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
    That looks madd overkill dog, unless you got more than six girls to feed. in which case go for it.

If you think about it, it's 6ft long (1ft² per plant avg; 10k+ lumens...is alot)