Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How long will weed stay fresh in a glass jar?

• Please log in to reply

manduki

manduki

~Purple Days, Purple Haze

• Registered Upgraded
  • 156 posts
Topic ^

So I have a small glass jar full of some blueberry yum yum and was thinking of saving it to break out only for special occasions (hah I know what you're thinking... this will never last, but I have self-control to a certain degree). Anyone know the answer to my question?

Similar Topics: How long will weed stay fresh in a glass jar?     x

chiiba

chiiba

smokin' that cheeba

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,432 posts
As long as it's air tight, it should last for a while. I don't know exact numbers, but I've had weed in a mason jar for about 2 months and it was fine when I smoked it.

I'd say you should be alright, just check it periodically to make sure it's not too dry.

Guest_dangermouse_*

Guest_dangermouse_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Depends... if it's a mason jar you're good for months, you can cure weed nicely in mason jars - just keep a look out for any humidity in the jar:eek:

If it's just an ordinary jar it's fine too but you would be way better off getting a mason jar.

manduki

manduki

~Purple Days, Purple Haze

• Registered Upgraded
  • 156 posts
Yeah, it's airtight with a rubber ring and metal clamp on it... pretty solid.

I noticed you're from Michigan, Chiiba. Wherebouts?

Stoner420Chick

Stoner420Chick

Blazin Blunts

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,042 posts
A lot of people say they like their weed fresh...how long do you think that weed has been picked for when you get it??? It's probably not fresh from the plant. If you store it properly it can last a while. An air tight jar will work, and if you're going to have it for a long time without smoking you could toss it in the freezer.

ThePhantom

ThePhantom

Hemp Advocate

• Gold Member
  • 3,238 posts

Guest_dangermouse_*

Guest_dangermouse_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
^^^ yup, you can cure for months if it's airtight. Does it have a rubber seal?

20fan

20fan

aka thecannabispatchkid

• Registered Upgraded
  • 754 posts
I've had weed in Mason jars for over 6 months. Just open the jar every now and then to exchange the air and it will last a very long time. My weed goes straight from the drying area to mason jars for curing. The more it's aged and cured, the better. imo, mason jars will only help it. As far as how long it will keep, I know people that have weed that's been in mason jars for well over a year. Smokes excellent, but they grow too, so idk if the fact that it's fresh when it goes in makes a difference or not. Hopefully the weed you got was cured properly, I'm sure it was. I doubt that it is too far removed from fresh. I only know 1 grower that puts his stuff on the market, and each crop reaches it's final stop less than a week after it's been cured.

teflon

teflon

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
I've kept weed for 18 months in mason jars, no problems. I know after 2 years it will loose it's potency.

Try to put it in as small a jar as possible so that there isn't a lot of air in the jar above the weed or it will dry out way too much.

Personally I don't like to smoke weed that hasn't cured for at least 3 months in jars.

chiiba

chiiba

smokin' that cheeba

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,432 posts

Yeah, it's airtight with a rubber ring and metal clamp on it... pretty solid.

I noticed you're from Michigan, Chiiba. Wherebouts?

Sorry, didn't read your post until just now.

I'm from Livingston County. Brighton/Howell area. It's about an hour northwest of Detroit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users