Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Pics/Specs of your Guitars (Bass Included)

• Please log in to reply

Extracurricular

Extracurricular

Unregistered User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 692 posts
I searched "guitar" and all I found was 5 pages of guitar hero threads and "Do you play guitar?" threads. Well this is different. I guess I care if you play, but more so I'd like to see what you guys are sporting; I would like to see what you play. So heres mine.. Deluxe American Strat > Elixer Strings .010's.

Full Guitar; New pickguard, loving it.
Posted Image

Headstock; Nothing fancy, just the American Strat headstock.
Posted Image

Inlays; Abalone, thinking about switching to Black Dot.
Posted Image

Body; Controls, all stock. Paint is stock as well.
Posted Image

Neck; Skunk Stripe. American Strat necks are some of the finest, wouldn't change it if I got paid to do so.
Posted Image

Made in Corona, California. [And my Olympus FE230]
Posted Image

Tuning Hardware; Fender Locking Tuners, work amazingly. s#, etc.
Posted Image

And there you have it, that's my current baby. At the moment it plugs into a Line 6 Spider III via Horizon 10ft braided cable [black]. Can't go wrong with a strat. Now, post your guitars!

Highbinder

Highbinder

Jumpin' Blues

• Old School
  • 5,267 posts
Can't go wrong with a strat, CAN go wrong with a ss line6 amp :P Get yerself a tube amp dude. If you can drop 800£ on a strat deluxe the least you can do is get an amp that'll make it sing.

I've already posted these pics before but:

Posted Image
Epiphone G400, Blackheart Little Giant, Marshall 1912 cab

Posted Image
Alvarez AD60S-12

I just bought a new guitar on ebay. Olympic white MIM strat with a maple MIA V neck and upgraded pickups. Can't wait for it to arrive :)
  • StickyxLover likes this

Extracurricular

Extracurricular

Unregistered User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 692 posts
yeah i hear ya.. likin your 12, er, 11 string alvarez. :D & MIA neck, you wont be disappointed.

sky dog

sky dog

the way of the future

• Bronze Member
  • 13,140 posts

Extracurricular

Extracurricular

Unregistered User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 692 posts
nice nice, i used to have a gibson les paul studio, the olympic white with gold hardware version. i sold that to get my strat though. :[ and another line6s3. huzzah! and how do the compact humbuckers sound?

Palmer Eldritch

Palmer Eldritch

Retired GC Cop

• Old School
  • 3,020 posts
epiphone dot studio

Posted Image

kinda wish I had just gotten separate acoustic and electrics. I bought a hollow body so I could play it as either. The neck is too thick for my hands, I'm always surprised on how much better I play with other people's guitars compared to my own.

Extracurricular

Extracurricular

Unregistered User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 692 posts
yeah definitely going to agree with that. i have a POS alvarez that plays like a dream.

Key2gb

Key2gb

You've got to be HILIKUS

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,589 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
'97 Warwick Streamer Stage II w/ all Wenge neck, Afzelia body, and Yin-Yang inlays

Posted Image
Posted Image
'01 Warwick Thumb NT Ovangkol neck and Bubinga body

Posted Image
Ibanez SR 506

Warwick Thumb is soon to be sold though :( (i really need money and the Streamer is the best damn 4-string i've ever laid my hands on so it's gotta stay)

rubberfactory

rubberfactory

• Registered Upgraded
  • 147 posts
Posted Image
Marshall 2203ZW (I hate Zakk Wylde but his signature amp is better than the stock JCM800s) and a Gibson Les Paul. I channel Jimmy Page with this rig.

Posted Image
Dr. Z Stang Ray fitted with 2 x Celestion Alnico Blue speakers. Any amp you play after trying one of these will sound muddy as hell. This amp is based on vintage Vox AC-30 circuitry. The guitar is a Rickenbacker 330. I channel the Beatles with this rig.

Posted Image
The Fender setup: a Blues Junior amp with an American Standard Strat (left) and a Jag-Stang (right) tuned to open D and set to medium action for alternation between fretting and slide play.

Posted Image

From Left to Right: Dunlop wah-wah, Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail, Ibanez Tubescreamer, Fulltone OCD, Boss Hyper-Fuzz, and the purple number on top is a KR Megavibe.

SeaSalt

SeaSalt

Ph.D in Horticulture

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Image
Marshall 2203ZW (I hate Zakk Wylde but his signature amp is better than the stock JCM800s) and a Gibson Les Paul. I channel Jimmy Page with this rig.

Posted Image
Dr. Z Stang Ray fitted with 2 x Celestion Alnico Blue speakers. Any amp you play after trying one of these will sound muddy as hell. This amp is based on vintage Vox AC-30 circuitry. The guitar is a Rickenbacker 330. I channel the Beatles with this rig.

Posted Image
The Fender setup: a Blues Junior amp with an American Standard Strat (left) and a Jag-Stang (right) tuned to open D and set to medium action for alternation between fretting and slide play.

Posted Image

From Left to Right: Dunlop wah-wah, Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail, Ibanez Tubescreamer, Fulltone OCD, Boss Hyper-Fuzz, and the purple number on top is a KR Megavibe.

DUDE !!! please tell me that Rickenbacker is NOT just leaning against the amp ???/

rubberfactory

rubberfactory

• Registered Upgraded
  • 147 posts

DUDE !!! please tell me that Rickenbacker is NOT just leaning against the amp ???/

I took it off the stand and set it against the amp to fit in the picture. I don't keep it there. :D

CAZx7

CAZx7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 990 posts
Heres my telecaster and my vox amp. Im planning on buying a MIA stratocaster or a Epiphone les paul standard soon.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

sky dog

sky dog

the way of the future

• Bronze Member
  • 13,140 posts

CAZx7

CAZx7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 990 posts
i got it that way at a pawn shop for 300. its all i got for now until i get enough for a strat.:( btw its a kahler not a floyd rose.

Benito

Benito

The Don of Chron

• Registered Upgraded
  • 941 posts
I dont have any pictures of just my rig, i only have live shots.

First, Ibanez RG340 from 1989, gutted and re-stained. One EMG81 in the bridge.
Posted Image

Next, Gibson SG. my backup fiddle.
Posted Image

And finally my acoustic. Michael Kelly Trio Rose. i fucking loooooove the way it sounds!
Posted Image

dereklovesdank

dereklovesdank

probably high

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
my flying v. the first guitar i bought, had it for a few years, never selling it

Attached Thumbnails

• l_963f4f54313f7b01a7d4c2b781fc9219.jpg

• StickyxLover likes this

4ction

4ction

the Medicine Man

• Old School
  • 878 posts
I got a 18 year old squier strat it was my first guitar, but i dont play it much anymore. I'm thinking about picking up bass....would u guys recommend an electic+acoustic bass? I love acoustic basses but I want to be able to jam thru an amp with my friends when I get better.

Highbinder

Highbinder

Jumpin' Blues

• Old School
  • 5,267 posts

my flying v. the first guitar i bought, had it for a few years, never selling it

Nice man, i've wanted V for ages. If I ever get a custom guitar it'll be based off the Gibby V, but with a spalted maple top, a P90 and a piezo bridge (along with master vol, master tone and a blend) and gearless tuners like on the GotM:

Posted Image

One day.. one day..

Highbinder

Highbinder

Jumpin' Blues

• Old School
  • 5,267 posts
Look what arrived..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Extracurricular

Extracurricular

Unregistered User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 692 posts
diggin that strat highbinder. def what i was going for with mine. i may still change the inlays to black dot but its yet to be decided. great axe though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users