Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Grocery stores and drug testing?

• Please log in to reply

seven

seven

O_O

• Registered Upgraded
  • 270 posts
Does anyone have any idea whether or not a job as a grocery store bagboy would involve being drug tested? I know it probably differs depending on the store, but like in general is a grocery store the type of place to do drug testing? I'd kinda like to know if I should smoke up tomorrow or not (I've been dry for a month)

Guest_Hobbes_*

Guest_Hobbes_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Hey, Ive worked in a grocery store for the past 5 years (throughout HS and college) and have NEVER been drug tested. BUT I do know of some that do it randomly weekly, (Pick n' Save). But I think for the most part your probably okay. Hell, if they drug tested at my place of employment Im sure half the people would still have a job. So toke it up!
peace

Locus

Locus

Dreams of Nirvana

• Old School
  • 920 posts
i wouldnt think so..i mean just look at the ppl that work there haha :P...jk

GanjaBat

GanjaBat

Breadcrumbs anyone?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 469 posts
I was tested when I was hired, but never after that.

seven

seven

O_O

• Registered Upgraded
  • 270 posts

Originally posted by GanjaBat
I was tested when I was hired, but never after that.

That's what my friend said happened to him too, but again he was at a different store

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

MrWillyWanker

MrWillyWanker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 232 posts
all the Krogers in my area give the saliva testing while the Winn Dixie stores give u piss tests.

tampeerasta

tampeerasta

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've been havin trouble with gettin a job and workin around piss tests.... Your best bet is to stay away from big chain stores, like any of the shop and save or whatever you call em... and walmart, cvs -- any major name. but all you have to do is get an application and read the fine print it says there if they do or not. Good luck

perma_fried

perma_fried

Ferma_Pried

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
If I was you I would just forget the grocery stores even if they dont make you do a drug test they suck ass. I worked at one (safeway) and it was the worst job EVER. By the way they did make me take a drug test.

D9_THC

D9_THC

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 2,002 posts
i worked in a shitty grocery store for a few months, and never got tested. i was high most of the time there anyways :D

hey, permafried, do you live in the UK? or do they have Safeways in the US too?

wildc@rd

wildc@rd

Rainbow flying high

• Registered Upgraded
  • 152 posts
Is it just me, or does it seem like a waste of time to dope test someone before they stack shelves and man the cash register. I can see the point of testing airline pilots and the like but jeez, these corporate types are going a bit too far....

Locus

Locus

Dreams of Nirvana

• Old School
  • 920 posts
never heard of safeways in the u.s.

joshy

joshy

Right-Wing American

• Registered Upgraded
  • 211 posts
The last store I worked at there was no DTs unless you got injured really badly to need hospitization (but this was a country store). I work at Food Lion now, and they test randomly, but I haven't been tested. They told me I would need one within 90 days, but its been past that, so I guess Im free (and plus Im toking up lately so it doesn't really matter)

seven

seven

O_O

• Registered Upgraded
  • 270 posts
Yea I talked my mom out of making me work there, so no more worrying about being tested or not. And

I love this song

karma police - radiohead

peace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users