Busted! After 5 years of dodging the law while living by the tree.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by J Dylan, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Theres a bigger problem here:

America needs to cut the mj posession laws back a bit...would fix a lot of problems.

2. campus police are assholes... also your neighbors in the dorms can be too and can tell the r.a. or something about a smell... i went to ball state and one time my roommate came in smelling like weed and an RA called the police because she smelled it... they brought 4 cops (2 for every student) and a dog... they read us our rights and then took the dog in and searched our room... they didn't find anything and one of the cops seemed pissed about that because his face was very red and he was asking me about a pocket knife...

my suggestion is find a place off campus to smoke, like a friends house, a park, behind a wall something like that and smoke joints because they're easy to get rid of and after your done smoking them you don't have a bowl hanging around for the cops to find... i know it sucks, i'd rather smoke out of a bowl any day, but it'll work until you get a place of your own... and don't smoke in your room, thats asking for trouble..

as far as whats going to happen i'd say that they'll take their time in actually giving you a court date or anything and when they do its going to be a surprise, you'll probably get fined, community service, drug tests for a few months or maybe even a year, i.u. will probably have you take some alcohol classes or something too... i don't know man, its harsh

3. i hate to be the one to say this, but if u were on campus there's probably a good chance you're getting kicked out of housing if not the school in general in addititon to whatever happens in court. Hopefully your school is a lot more lenient then mine but i know if something like that happened here you're defnitely getting kicked out

4. lol believe me, I have no concern that any of what you said will happen to me.
    that's not even in the cards man... they're not that harsh here, or until just now i figured anywhere else either.

5. and alcohol...

6. yeah.. which really sucks considering they had no basis for breathalyzing me.

7. i dont think your charges will be that bad on the weed cuz only .5g and bloomington is a hot spot for bud in indiana and usually u just get a drinking ticket for being caught the first time? thats how it is at purdue

8. That was amazing, I can't believe they didn't know that door led to your room. If they knew that, you might have been screwed. I can't wait until the public learns the truth about marijuana... it's only a matter of time now.

9. That was good thinkin to just shut the door and freak out. I think it's kind of wierd that they recognized you...lol

Who was smelling up the place? You should get on that and tell them to knock it off. If the cops know your a stoner (mj charges from frida) when they get a report that it smells i bet they'll come looking for you first. thats no good

besides you may get a new smoke buddy

10. That really sucks the whole getting busted for small possession of a clearly harmless substance, the alchohol is way worse and the cigarettes man I wish people would realize that. But luckly its all slowly happening that pot is becoming more acceptable the states are just so heavily policed and conservative that it's taking longer to see any affect. At least in ontario the law against possession of marijuan has actually fallen into a state of legal invalidity here's a website for that http://www.thepotlawhasfallen.ca/

Also, I don't know about the american laws to much, but a friend of mind recommended this website to deal with cases such as your own.

http://www.drugs-forum.co.uk/index.php

I haven't looked it over yet but he said it provides good information for you to build a case in your defense.

11. hey thanks for the links man. yeah dude, like i said, the police scolded me and lectured me on my marijuana indulgence but said not a word about alcohol or cigarettes.
    i actually wasn't smoking a cigarette though... just to clarify.
    i hate cigarettes... they taste and smell terrible to me, and do nothing for me. lol

12. Really you are just going to pay through the nose. Around $15,000.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4536

Not sure what trouble you'll get in for blowing the .12. Norml also has links to get a lawyer. Maybe you can prove they didn't have the right to search you. Did you consent them to search you? Did they have probable cause? Smell isn't always considered probable cause. Sounds like you're in a rough situation, but you'll make through it.

P.S. Switch to joints! Swallow those things when they approach and they won't have shit on you.

13. its usually always just a matter of time, not if, but when. going through your life without getting busted is a difficult task. at least thats what ive experienced...whether you get popped smokin a bowl underage at the park or busted dealin herb by the DEA, or caught up with a grow op..it usually happens at least once in your life. in fact, of all my buddies, everyone has been caught up with mary jane n the police at 1 point in their life.
    take it for what its worth
    i say take the risks when your young... personally got busted 3 times with herb before i was 18, thankfully, they dont show up on any background check. in my recent years ive been lucky enough to avoid a DUI, DWI, and avoid a distribution charge, like nicky santoro, they just can't nail me
    smoke on

14. Uh....no.

lol:smoke:

15. My friend got busted smoking in his room here at IU and got a $450 possession ticket, as I said to you in PM. No jail time, he did pre-trial diversion.

16. and yeah LegitBaller... i made it 5 years. I figure that's pretty good. most don't make it that far... I just wish I'd gotten busted on more legitimate grounds than just standing around outside. if i'd been hotboxing my car and got pulled over I'd feel better about the way i got caught, because then at least i would know i was at fault for stupidly blazing out my car.

i mean jeeze man... i got busted by police on foot.

17. Well, my court case was today. Judge said that if I don't get in trouble for a year, the charge will be dropped and my record will be sealed.

Hope yours goes well too!

I didn't start spring break that day...mine started on the 15th (day I got busted haha)

And yeah, I go to school a little bit upstate from NYC.

18. damn J Dylan. Those are some 2 intense encounters. Let us know what happens with the court date coming up. Hopefully you'll get let off pretty easy :)

19. Last year when I lived in the dorms here at James Madison U my friend across the hall got busted one night out. He was being an idiot but anyways he got destruction of property for breaking a bus stop window and he was also drunk and carrying like a gram.

He got possesion of marijuana, underage drinking, and the destruction of property charge.

He got a lawyer, went to court, and he got probation for a year, nothing else. And he wasnt kicked out of the dorm.

edit: except he had to pay for a new bus stop window

20. That really sucks man. It's funny though, because I too was arrested by campus police for possession of paraphernalia, and also have my court date on April 17. We should form a club.