Questions about molasses for flowering ( and flushing ).

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Peacefullbuddah, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Molassas feeds the microbes in the soil. This practice is probably only beneficial to organic growers. Supposedly the chemicals in non-organic nutes kill the microbes that breakdown the nutes for consumption by the plants. I have tried molassas but have had no significant increase in yields.

2. I use molasses week 3-7 and it def does help bud size.I didn't believe my buddy so I tried a LIL test and the one I used molasses in had sum buds 25% bigger!I don't flush with it either.I use black strap unsulphered.Hope this helps.

3. I was wondering about this myself before I begin to use it. I am currently using the entire Fox Farm nutrient line with Ocean Forest soil. I do plan on doing some organic grows in the future side by side with my chemical grows. I am about 7 to 10 days away from harvest of my Skunk #1. I have already given them the final nutrient feeding and will do a final flush within days using Sledgehammer - BTW this stuff works great. I suppose it is too late to get any benefit from the molasses at this point. So what does everyone else think - molasses for organics only?

4. The big bloom that you're using is supplementing the microbes into the soil

FoxFarm Big Bloom Organic Liquid Plant Food is a completely organic and odorless liquid plant food, micro-brewed using worm castings, bat guano and other high quality organic materials that provide a complete, balanced range of plant nutrients. This all natural fertilizer is a live culture of beneficial organic microbes, amino acids, enzymes, vitamins and natural growth hormones necessary for healthy plant growth. The incorporated rock phosphate component helps to transfer energy between the differing parts of the plant, which promotes larger, denser budding and more aromatic flowers.

The molasses is the food to have them "microbes" thrive. I hope I'm regurgitating this information correctly. Although your grow big and tiger bloom are not organic I would assume they make it so everything works well together.. Ill be adding the sweet stuff in my next feeding. gl

5. I used unsulphured blackstrap organic molasses on the last day before harvest, no problem. As long as you are growing organically you don't need to flush because there are no chemicals. If you have chemicals you should follow directions to flush and then it is o.k. to use molasses right until the
    last couple of flushes. Use any kind of molasses as long as it's unsulphured. I prefer and grow only organics, better product. Molasses will increase yield 20% or more as the microbes will feed on the natural sugars in molasses.

• Like Like x 1
  6. molasses feeds dead threads and helps the microbes

• Like Like x 1