Pine trees

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Konon, Mar 20, 2008.

1. I've heard growing by a pine tree = bad? The only areas near me consist of pine tree infested woods. My grow spot I picked out this season is a 40sq ft. clearing in the center of some 30ft pine trees. In the center of this "ring of death" is some straw type brush. Is it safe to grow here? If not, how do I make the area suitable for cultivation. Of course i'd bring in my own soil.

2. ye sjust dig a hole and put a couple o black bags in it and fill it with good soil.by the time the roots reach the bags they will be strong enough to take enything on.hope this helps m8!!!!!!
    p.s go to you tube and watch the marajuana prohabition vids and whatch him grow rite next to pine trees[by the way there is 10 eps]

3. Ive read somewhere on here from another poster, that pine tree's cause high ph / ph problems. So, if you are able to cope with that then go for it. Also, the spot you chose sounds pretty good. And the videos are freaking awesome, that guy is such a stud ahah you should read some of his short stories. Seriously an awesome read. http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=113 check out Adventures In The Growing Trade, guy is amazing for reals

4. That's right, they do. They also suck all the moisture outta the ground.

5. I didnt know that pine trees needles and eveyrhting else they leave behind make the soil have a bad ph. So i bought some lime and had to use it twice when growing last year. No biggy, just use enough soiil so the plant gets big. You will notice a lockup, just test your ph and avoid it tho. Test the ground around it too, so you can have a sense of how fucked up the underside of your plant is. Or before you plant them lime the ground up real good. Not too much but enough. The water will eventually bring the lime deeper, So it wont be that big of a deal, just dont use too much.

6. yea pine trees fuck up anything below it for up to 20 years.