"Hashmouf's Official Guides to Homemade Hash" {Step by Step Pictorials}

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Hashmouf, Mar 18, 2008.

1. eBay or anyother. Branded as Oil Slick sheets. Like $22.

We are blades, blades of grass in a field of green.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. that makes sense the trich stalks are empty after the wash cause the oils resins gets washed out

3. I've been playing around with a mix of this method and OSG's isomerized golden goodness method and that came by scraping it up on lowest heat on the stove onto parchment and then in the oven at 100 (50-150 actual probably because ovens fluctuate a lot) for 5 minutes an then into the freezer and then pressed.

It looks like shatter or whatever but it's actually sap at room temp. The last couple times I did it exactly as OSG's guide says to and figured the oven time was wayyy too long for me. My next change was to scrape onto parchment and then heat and freeze, instead of putting the whole evapped Pyrex into the oven, freezing and then scraping and pressing.

The three times I did it as close to OSG's method I ended with shatter and this latest I got sap. I've read shatter is only possible when there's enough THC-A, it somehow helps it to keep a stable form like that? Whereas delta 9 THC is sappy. Perhaps the previous times I didn't get it to decarb/isomerize fully and so it stayed shattery whereas this time It's mostly activated delta 9 THC.

Sorry I went off on a tangent a bit, I'm currently very baked and pooping. I've been learning a lot about QWET/QWISO through trial and error and haven't gotten to really share my experience until now :)

So I guess to really answer your question, pressing with low heat on parchment paper is how I got it to look like that. I thought that most recent one would be shatter but alas it's sap so I had to freeze it and stick it all into one clump instead of like a spread thin piece of glass. I keep it in the freezer otherwise it's too sticky to take a dab off of.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Been learning a lot.

Here's the last batch of qwiso I ran.

Attached Files:

5. I did the original qwiso method mentioned on the first page of this thread and I have it all on plates. My issue is that I cant have this inside due to the smell and my gf paranoid about it. So I am putting it outside in a cardboard box. The thing is that is pretty cold outside but not quite freezing. Will the alcohol evaporate in this temp? Will it take forever?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #1847 nonfiction, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
    how does this compare to butane through honeybee extractor? it looks like you got a lo more product than i do from running one can of butane through the honey bee extractor? maybe i need to use more....

7. On the qwiso method when I used the strainers with the filters and let it all filter through I had some stuff that look like trichomes on the filter that builded up.. I am wondering if this is what my hash is supposed to be but it is greenish. Please help :(

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I didn't have the time to scroll through the endless pages of this topic but what is the expected yield of this method? (the QWISO method)
    About how much would I expect to get out of using a quarter ounce of:
    1. Good trimmings
    2. Trash weed
    3. Good bud

Awesome guide btw, can't wait to try it!

9. i actually have a quarter oz run evapping right now, ill post pics and the yield once its done.

10. #1851 WAMweed, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    When

11. I have been making hash for a while, and I have been after a texture of hash that looks like the third from the right ("3rd wash of the same herb" in the pictorial). I have about 9 grams of dekiefed bud, and considering that the 3rd wash was done with the lowest quality bud (which is something like what i have now with my flat screened stuff) If I were to do a single wash of the herb I have now, would I end up with "3rd wash" quality hash? 

12. Hey y'all
    Read this thread this morning.
    Went out and bought strainer and paint strainer mesh.
    took all my stems and sugar leaves off an oz
    And a gram sized bud.
    Followed directions and got a nice cube of sheesh! !!
    So easy. Can not wait till I harvest and have a lot of material whhheeewwwww
    Thanks open hash master.

13. my qwiso always turns out like shit and i follow these exact steps. im using about half stems and the other half is just older dry kinda stale bud that i have had forever. 

just made some the other night and it came out like it always does... like a black oil. when my plate has dried, out all that is left is this dark oily residue. i can still scrape it up and smoke it and get high as fuck but i feel like the quality is similar to that of one of your 2nd/3rd washes in your guide.

i want that light green nice looking qwiso ive been seeing people post but mine never turns out that way..

i know there are 93 pages of questions in this thread but im hoping somebody might read this and be able to help me out?

14. #1855 Cali Smoker, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    The better the starting material the better the results. I'm not a master of qwiso but I know that much lol. It may be worth your while to check this link out, I've yet to try it but I'm hearing great things. It's a fairly new technique that doesn't require the use of any solvents so the end result is pure CLEAN hash!

https://www.autoflower.net/forums/f14/rosin-tech-pure-solvent-free-wax-41254.html

15. #1856 Cali Smoker, Mar 26, 2015
    *duplicate

16. #1857 Cali Smoker, Mar 26, 2015
    *duplicate

17. Sounds like a lot of chlorophyll is getting in with the wax. How long are you doing your washes? Are you freezing your product? It's hard to tell without knowing your routine. I've pretty much perfected the technique you just have to play around with it for a bit until you get it down.

18. Here's some oil I've made with ISO, been playing around with it for awhile. Enjoy it a lot.
    First run:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427488954.624874.jpg
    Second run:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427488988.146437.jpg

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

19. my routine is just like the original guide that op posted. i freeze for 30 mins then soak for 30 secs and shake for 30 secs, 1 min total.

my product is about half stems and half bud. wondering if the large amount of stems might be the cause?