"Hashmouf's Official Guides to Homemade Hash" {Step by Step Pictorials}

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Hashmouf, Mar 18, 2008.

1. I only use 99% if I'm using iso... soak and shake for no more than 15 seconds each, and shake more gently than violently. Same process pretty much

And I dunno where, they sell it I'm grocery stores here but it's not common in a lot of places

2. #1822 StaffOfPower, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
    Well yeah.. I'm using isopropyl alcohol. The first run I used 70% isopropyl, now I want to wait and get either 91 or 99% before I do any more. And I'm going to use the screen on a bubble bag to filter it, instead of a coffee filter. That sound alright?

Anyways, I'm gonna be picking this up tomorrow. So, if I can't find 99% will 91% work okay?

Or is 99% recommended?

3. 99 is best but both work

And I've never used a bubble bag... I use a bouchner funnel with a filter and and a filter flask with pump to force the filtration to happen immediately

I'd still use either the finest mesh bubble bag or a coffee filter though, plant material can get through those bags

4. Is using 99% ISO an issue or just let it evaporate longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. it should actually evaporate faster, considering there is less water in it

just put a fan in front of it, should only take a few hours for a single run

6. Jun

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414597461.845210.jpg

Check out my outdoor flowers

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414597673.360150.jpg good thing I triple grinded it first ;)

Check out my outdoor flowers

9. I read over the Qwiso guide and went this morning to purchase the strainers from my local dollar store. Got almost the identical ones and made a batch today with about 14g of stems and shake. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415486863.964841.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415486884.063539.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415486898.897638.jpg
    I'm really impressed with the results from this method and I'm excited to use it for extracting from buds in the future. Thanks Hashmouf!

10. I'm finding trichs on my washed buds a lot of them how do I get these do I have to so a second wash cause I'm trieing to get em all in the first wash .

11. #1831 greenbuzz79, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    Good question! I knew a guy once who knew a guy that would give him already ran nugs for smoke because there is sill trichs on them. This stuff was used for bho not this technique. I've used both and see trichs afterwards. Maybe grind a lil before washing?? Idk, interested to see though. Don't like waste!

12. Finally getting this hash making down to an art. Lol.

Qwiso
    1415893535060.jpg
    1415893545305.jpg
    1415893554801.jpg

13. Pretty easy once you figure it out really but I'm still wondering about my washed buds having stalks all over them does ISO just take off the heads.

14. I'd advise to anyone making this to purge it out a little more after the initial 24-48 hour evaporation. I placed about a half gram on parchment paper on a coffee mug warmer, and you wouldn't believe the shit that started bubbling out; however, I evap'd some terps because I let the temp. get to high. I'd say a toaster oven at about 120-150 for an hour, or a couple, would do the trick. 

15. I used to make ISO all the time, now I usually stick to bho, it's easier. Here some ISO I made from trim. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416598135.164123.jpg

We are blades, blades of grass in a field of green.

16. #1836 Dingus, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Can QWISO/qwet be evaporated on parchment paper? If so it would eliminate the evil scraping step. I feel like in always losing so much when I scrape. Not to mention what's stuck to the sides of the Pyrex which is basically impossible to scrape..

17. Well simple answer is no. The solvents will leach the silicone. You can however use ptfe Teflon sheets.

You really dot lose that much but maybe a couple points of a g. In the corners. If your patient ou can get the sides, trust.

18. If you have a scope, used up trichs, look frayed and tore up. I never do more then a second run for personal. And very rarely more at all. You could however do a tane run on them to get everything that's left. I'd just do the tane run cause I love me some bho!
    I only do ISO in small runs now no more then a slice or so.

19. that makes sense. Do you have any recommendations of places to buy ptfe Teflon?

I'm gonna try the sides today. Pics of my latest: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416702604.512080.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416702615.923823.jpg