"Hashmouf's Official Guides to Homemade Hash" {Step by Step Pictorials}

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Hashmouf, Mar 18, 2008.

1. half an onion hahahaha, you just had me losin' it bro, but yeah that's about right. I've started doing 20 second washes which are just as good as the 15. No more contaminant and I think with the 5 extra seconds I pull more trichs off as well. It might have been like 2.7 total or some shit but round 'er right up to 3g. I'm leaning away from qwiso though as I've been dabbing lots of solventless product lately. I still love it though and will definitely still make some to switch it up. I'm going to give bubble and dry sifting a few shots too though. 

2. Lol.... I'm the opposite of you thus far, I've made dry ice hash and the bubble hash. I love that form of hash, but honesty dry ice is by far the easiest! Have you considered using a grain alcohol instead of the ISO? Non the less 99% is great product for extraction, so I've read since I've never done it.

Did you just let it evap on it's own, our did you use heat of some sort? What I'm actually trying to make these days is a "honey oil", you know the stuff you'd get in a tiny little vial way back when!? Have you made this before and could it be done with your technique?

3. Oh I forgot to up my dry ice hash pictures for your reference.....

Attached Files:

4. The dry ice looks nice! I do just let it evap on it's on for 24-48 hours. For making honey oil, as far as the only time I've done it, I used 99% Iso, (I think pure grain could work better in this case.) and did like two 5 minute soaks with an oz and strained both washes into a rice cooker and boiled the alcohol off until it was a oily consistency and then put that in a small 1 cup container and placed it on top of a coffee mug warmer until I couldn't see any more bubbles popping on the surface. It came out great but was a lot better to eat for relief rather than dab, you could tell the plant material amount was sky high from the 10 minutes in alcohol. 

5. Thanks Mr. Nice Guy, and thanks for your input. Seems like a little extra work but very possible. I just know some ppl that would love the honey oil so I want to give it a try. Mainly they would use it in a vape pen.

I have a slow cooker I was planning on using for butter, could I use this instead of the rice cooker. I'd set it on high and I'd guess it would do the same thing? If I go this route would I be able to skip the coffee cup step?

Also since I'm planing on using grain alcohol, could I use the left over plant matter to make a salve?

If anybody here has any input please let me know what you think. :bongin

6. I'd say that you could use the slow cooker but don't use it on high, too much heat in the alcohol burns it I believe. Keep it on low and the coffee mug warmer isn't necessary it's just for self confirmation I guess haha. I suppose you could try using the left over material for a salve. 

7. That's awesome bro, thanks for the tips. I guess while on low I could keep an eye on it to see when the bubbling stops. Do you have a ball park time it took to evap in your rice cooker? And what was your final pull from the onion used? Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile

8. I got around 5g of oil, used an oz onion. hahaha. It took around 45 mins to evap from cooker and then when I did the other method, the coffee mug thing, that took about 25 mins and all the bubbling had stopped. 

9. are we sure this is totally safe? it seems like smoking something that had rubbing alcohol might not be the best idea. 

10. Do fan leaves with no trichs work or does it need to be sugar leaves .

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. I've made this before and got a bad headache and qweezy .i did it almost the same sept I soaked it longer and double boiled it to dry.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. Sugar leaves and actual bud.

End product quality is directly influenced by the quality of stuff you start with.

Try just letting it evaporate naturally next time.

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

13. Use a pollen press with the powder. parchment paper (cut into shape or press the paper with the press on a hardend sponge) on each end keps it from sticking to the press.

14. #1814 CannaGreen11, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    some everclear hash, I've always been an iso guy but this clarity is rather impressive
    Done everclear hash, I've shay been an iso guy but this clarity is rather impressive 1413247748448.jpg

15. Woh that is clear. How long you wash the product?

16. #1816 StaffOfPower, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    I did basically this exact process for QWISO yesterday. Only differences were:

1) I used 70% isopropyl (because that's all I had at the time)

2) I poured the alcohol into the jar and shook immediately, and for 2 minutes instead of 30 seconds.

3) Didn't freeze the trim first.

4) Didnt use a coffee filter.

It still came out nice. Fairly blonde, good high, and it melts at least partially.

How much of a change in quality could I expect if I did things different like using 91%, freezing the trim first, etc.? Marginal, or significant?

Because I tried this once before with 91% and it came out strange. More like some kind of thin BHO than hash. Granted, I used a tiny amount of plant matter, but I still don't understand why it would get that texture. Any input?

17. You soaked way too long, especially for 71%. It has more water which extracts things we don't want in our oil.

And if you didn't filter then you really fucked up

18. #1818 StaffOfPower, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    I don't plan on doing it that way again anyway, but how did I "really fuck up" by not using a filter? Like I said it dried out alright, looks alright, smells alright, tastes good, gets me high. No weird tastes or (visible) impurities at all.

If you didnt filter it, it obviously has impurities otherwise that step would be totally useless.... there are small bits of plant matter you cant see in it... i mean we use coffee filters, which can filter out extraordinarily small particulates.... for a reason...

But that step doesnt matter here really, you soaked way way too long... you want to go for less time, never more time....you extracted a ton of chlorophyll and other things from the plant, also partially why freezing is a good idea, colder temps make solvents less efficient and therefore only pull out the immediate options... which is more what we want

20. Got it.

Just out of curiosity, would it be advisable to use 99% isopropyl?

And if so, what would the process be like for that?

And where could I find 99% to purchase in person??