"Hashmouf's Official Guides to Homemade Hash" {Step by Step Pictorials}

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Hashmouf, Mar 18, 2008.

1. pls someone go answer my question 

2. I've got an oz of OK bush , would this be the best extraction method since its not the best weed to begin with ?

3. Why does the third wash look more like dab? Are all 3 washes still good product?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. from ehat he explained at some point, I think that the stuff that looks like dabs will still get ya tore up but its more chlorophyll in it and other things besides just the trichomes. First wash is going to be the best of course. With my qwiso, if i tske what ive scraped and jst use thebheat from my fingers, it softens and all sticks together, mine turns a deep brown or black when I do it, then once I do that and put it in something, shit gets as solid as a marble.

bubba kush & kens kush http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1264498-Afflicted-in-the-igloo

5. #1785 Insanewiggle, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
    I got some possible improvements to your guide which could reduce risk and offer greater THC extraction.

From what I understand you are trying to extract the THC from the weed but in a form you can smoke easily. The freezing of the weed I assume is because the THC and the plant portion of your herbs have different properties (melting points/boiling points etc.). By freezing for a small but substantial period of time you are attempting to separate the two forms and then use the Iso to extract as much of the THC as you can and then evaporate the Iso out.

This process means that the two most inefficient sections (not saying your guide is inefficient just pointing out the areas that have the ability to be improved!) are the separating and the Iso.

Cold reactions will net you more THC in the end so it is better to have chilled Iso and chilled weed. 

Iso I assume is used because it is an alcohol and it can help break down the THC from the weed. I am sure you know there are better substances to use (like Hexane) so availability came into play when making your guide (Iso is commonly used by stoners to clean their glass pieces so it is a "tool" that would be in most stoners' arsenal).

Well, Iso is dangerous to drink making the evaporation game one requiring tact and patience. If you substituted Iso for Ethyl Alcohol or Ethanol which is commonly found in alcoholic beverages and liquor stores, you would sacrifice THC, as Iso is in fact better for extracting the THC from the plant matter, in order to eliminate potential risk. Smoking small traces of Ethanol I would imagine is nothing in comparison to smoking small traces of Iso. However, this is assuming your guide is not followed properly and someone messes up the times. 

ALSO: Cold water would just net less THC in the end as water does not have the same properties as alcohol does when it comes to breaking down lipids etc. The Ethanol substitute would pose a similar solution as it nets you more THC and can be chilled just the same as the water and lastly although it poses a risk slightly higher than water it is still nowhere near the health risk of smoking Iso. Although I am assuming you are using cold water in an attempt to eliminate the strainer and filter situation, which is fine.

6. I do this when my grinder gets too gummed up to work right. Soak it in iso then evap the iso and you get some good stuff back. Thanks for the guide and the very clear instructions (no wiggle room means no screw ups)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #1787 Acid Man, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    can any vets tell me if a a ceramic dinner plate is ok for evaporation?

8. #1788 Hated, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    Im a bit confused about something. When making qwiso the trichs go through the coffee filter with the iso but when using the cold water method that same filter is catching the trichs and allowing the water to pass.... Does that make sense ? It sounds contradictory to me... maybe im just missing something. .

9. Just cleaned my oil rig..

1408481949522.jpg

I only smoked the same oil out of this rig and the return is very similar to the original product. Very piney, reminds me of the holidays and gets me pretty damn high.

:smoking:

10. Wow the color on that is nice! How long was the wash?

11. I mushed it for 30 seconds in my jar with the iso then shook it for 30 seconds and strained.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

12. a razor lol

I would let that purge a while more man

13. By purge you mean allow the iso to evaporate completely?

Its got about 5 hours on it to hit the 24 hour mark.

Would it hurt it to scrape it together as long as I leave it open to the air?

Or should I just leave it be?

There's no liquid left in the dish

1000 watt Scrog Journal

Attached Files:

14. that pic in the previous post just doesnt look ready...  is it sitting just at room temp?

15. Yes

1000 watt Scrog Journal

16. Attached Files:

17. This was a Trainwreck nugrun I did using 99%. Frozen 12-24 hours, 15 second wash, 24-48 hour evap. (I don't remember, I pull anytime inbetween.) 

TW Nugrun.jpg

Same tech, but Mauiwaui x Mango. 

MW.jpg

This was the same tech but made from the sugar leaf and popcorn nugs of the Trainwreck. 

TW Trim 2.jpg

And this was a second wash of Mauiwaui x Mango and Trainwreck mixed. 

MWxTW2R.jpg

**Note: The pictures aren't the full yield. I get about a gram, give or take .2 usually from 7g of either bud or trim and bud. I also use finger heat and sometimes heat up the scoop on my dabber and spread in the parchment paper. It's usually snap and pull during the daytime heat and during the night it's a shatter. 

18. Wow now that is some really high quality looking shatter dude! So your second wash you put the two first runs together and wash them for another 15 seconds? So that would be 3 15 sec runs and a total of 3 grams from half an onion of product?