Just got some hydro SHROOMS! First trip coming on Monday, and have some questions...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by whitewarrior, Mar 15, 2008.

1. So FINALLY your boy acquired some "hydro mushies" (I'm assuming they mean just homegrown haha) last night, a 1/2 an eighth for $15, but I got them for FREE because my buddy owed me some money...but anyway I'm looking forward to my first trip this coming Monday with experienced trippers (we are supposed to be going to a nearby secluded lake with good tunes, some good buddies, and good times). Anyway, right now the shrooms I got are a bit bendable, I wouldn't call them wet, but fresh/dry I guess... my buddy put them in a ziplock baggie with a couple of rice grains, and pressed all the air out and rolled up the bag, so I then put them in an airtight salsa jar with the only pack of dessicant I could find and put them in a desk drawer..do you think they'll be okay till Monday?

*I've done LSD twice, and I absolutely LOVED the experience, so I'm looking forward to trying these homegrown and seeing how the two substances differ. I do not take psychedelics to get fucked up in any way, shape, or form, but moreso to learn about myself, how I can fix my current situations, and how the world around me TRULY operates with my mental filters removed..any advice for your boy? I've also read numerous trip reports from the shroomery/erowid, so I'm updated on the effects. The mushies actually smells like mushies (which I like anyways) so I was thinking I could either eat them by themselves, or mix them with some yogurt, or blah blah blah...any advice you give is greatly appreciated.

**I will post the pics of the mushies later, as well as a trip report when all is done. ***GOOD VIBES TO ME BLADES!*** :hippie:

2. I always just eat them, however my old lady likes to make tea with hers cause she dislikes the taste.
    Either way you going to love it man! Very different from LSD, not as intense and always a very "up" experience. My favorite drug.
    I just got into growing my own, a fasinating and rewarding hobby, suprisingly easy.

3. Sweet man thats great to hear! I was thinking of taking my MP3 player, some OJ, a blank canvas to write my rambling thoughts down, and my sunglasses (a necessity obviously). Hopefully I'll be set.

4. hydro mushies? how is that even possible?

5. and ohhhhhh man are mushies different than acid! have a god time dude

6. What are hydroponic mushrooms?

Mushrooms are not grown hydroponically.

<hr>
    <script type="text/javascript"> function f(){ \treturn (window.frames['tabframe'] ? window.frames['tabframe'] : parent.window.frames['tabframe']); } </script> It's important to note that mushrooms are not plants, they are fungi. The only things that are grown hydroponically are plants.

Hydroponic mushrooms are normal shrooms. It's fairly common for people to call mushrooms that have been grown indoors "hydro" because people associate that word with indoor cultivation, having a high quality and being excellent in appearance (which is typically the case with the expensive strains of marijuana).
    However, mushrooms are not grown hydroponically! Calling them "cultivated" as opposed to "picked" would be the accurate thing to say.

straight off the shroomery

7. Have a great time man, boomers don't disappoint. As you probably know, there is no such thing a 'hydro' shrooms. It's impossible to grow this particular fungi without a medium.

What time of day are you taking them?

:hippie::love:*good vibes going your way*:love::hippie:

8. Haha yeah bro I definitely rolled my eyes when I heard the term "hydroponically grown shrooms" haha. I know they're grown with the rice cakes, PF cakes, etc. My friend doesn't have to work the entire day, so I was thinking we could head up to the lake about 3PM or so, hopefully that'll give me a chance to see the sunset as well...thanks for the good vibes :)

9. But, it will pretty much grow on anything it can eat.

[​IMG]

10. I just wanted to note that these things are extremely small, but I know they'll pack an incredible punch..I expected them to be bigger, but then again this is the first time I've gotten any to myself..ahhh Monday can't come fast enough lol.

11. hydro is growing with water and nutrients you need a solid substrate to grow mushrooms. hydroponics is for growing plants by definition not fungus.

12. Good vibes man. Enjoy your trip!!

13. Yeah shrooms look like such a small amount. Like it fucks you up though.

14. Today is the day! I'm eating my mush in about 2 hours, heading to the lake right now as we speak...I'm taking along a notebook, highlighter pens, OJ, my ZVM, some silly putty, and my boy Robby is watching over me, looks to be a wonderful time :) I will post pics and a trip report when I get back. ***GOOOD VIBES TO ME****

15. Good luck and have fun. I love shrooms. Wish I could get some right now.

16. u trippin yet?

17. Alrighty blades I just got back from my trip to the lake and I must say shrooms were pretty cool.***The white specks on the shrooms are rice, I cleared them off before I ate them of course*** I ate the half-eighth about 20 mins before we hit the trail and we hiked for about 4 hours and just explored the woods, I felt like I was in the TV show LOST, seriously haha. Physically I felt very light, almost like a drunk feeling, but clear headed at the same time. Visually I didn't see much, colors were just brighter, I saw rainbows, and I just felt COMPLETE PEACE with my surroundings. I also didn't get any nausea, and the shrooms didn't really taste bad at all, as a matter of fact, they had an undescribable taste, I can't really pinpoint it, but I like edible mushies anyway, so who knows....the only thing I couldn't acquire at the time was weed, I really wish I could've though...mushies and LSD don't really compare at all, I'm still in favor of Lucy defintely, but in the future I would like to take a higher dose of shrooms and experience that as well...on to the pics from my camera phone:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

**for any potential people reading this that has never delved into psychedlic use, I suggest that you just completely forget that you took the psychedelic, don't expect anything, and just be in the now, thats the only way you'll enjoy it :hippie:

18. Sounds like you had a nice light trip.

Good man! Congrats! Next time, i think youre ready to take an eight and do the same thing.

Nature and all i mean.

Glad to hear they treated you well:D

19. im not trying to be a jerk at ALL i dont know much about mushrooms but those look nasty, like they werent grown right why are they black?

glad you enjoyed the trip dude!

20. Blackness usually means that the cultivator didnt pick the shrooms before they dropped spores. My mushies are usually too small to pick and i wake up the next morning and they are ready to pick but the spores are everywhere.

Usually you pick when the viel breaks.