Christianity has been debunked once and for all

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by citizen abuse, Mar 14, 2008.

1. I believe this is called Hedonism :)

So negligent, do you worship satan?.......If so, do you believe in a being opposite of him/her?

2. All satanism is, is worshipping the devil. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm wondering if negligent's acknowledgment of being a satanist isn't just a veiled way of admitting that he's really a Christian? Isn't satan and/or devil really a Christian term? He defends Christianity fervently and clearly has an indepth knowledge of it.

3. 1. wrong, just wrong.

2. so you think christianity is the first religion to come up with the name of an being that hoards evil souls?

3b. he has in-depth knowledge because its better to know what the fuck you are talking about when you argue something.

3a. not once does he defend christianity, he only points out how the poster was wrong by using and referencing the "facts" that are located within christian doctrine.

4. haha, satanism has nothing to do with the devil at all, we dont believe in a magical man in the sky who is all seeing upon us, nor a burning fire pit with a horned beast who tortures

i do believe ina higher power i guess, but that higher power doesnt look at humans as his creation or of any importance at all, the higher power is basically nature/ the universe

and time not existing is a speculation? not really, time is a perception, if time is solid set in stone, why is it that sometimes an hour can feel like forever, but sometimes an hour can go by in the blink of an eye, its all how you perceive it, all time is (such as 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours a day) is a simple earth pattern, a day is equal to the earth revolving once, but if you take yourself off of earth that pattern no longer exists nor does time, sure if you have a watch in space it will still continue working, but that watch is based off of earths pattern, so time only pertains to earths rotations and orbits around the sun, if you were to go off into space for a certain amount of time, and then come back, you could not say how long you were in space for without the aid of a watch, because time only exists on earth.. i could make an hour equal to 2 hours, and make a day 12 hours, and have a month equal to 2 months n have a year equal to 6 months, all time is is a pattern that is measured

i'm not really defending christianity at all, but this guy doesnt make any good intelligent arguments at all. i think christianity is a crock of shit just as much as any other atheist or agnostic or satanist, but the guy who wrote this basically wrote it like he had some kind of great realization, but really all he wrote was a bunch of random bullshit that everyone has already thought of before, theres nothing new there

he takes the bible in literal context, which is what alot of crazy christians do, but any down to earth christian knows the bible is mostly stories to teach how to be a decent human being

oh and the basis of satanism is that the 7 deadly sins of the christian church are all natural urges, and theres no afterlife punishment for indulging in them.. as long as they bring you pleasure and do not negatively effect anyone elses life, theres nothing wrong with it

and trust me i dont know that much about the bible, i only know what i know because my pap is christian and watches alot of preachings on television, so i know what i know from watching that over the years and hearing bits n peices of it from other rooms

haha i think maybe u wrote this citizen abuse, in which case, i'm sorry you couldnt think of better arguments against christianity

i dont have a problem with people believing whatever they want to, so long as it makes them happy and good hearted.. most people just want to believe that this shitty life on earth isnt all there is to it n that theres something amazing after this boring ordinary life on earth

hell, even i hope theres something after this life, i dont think theres a heaven or hell, but i would like it if maybe when y ou die you get to go through the universe and gain universal knowledge and understanding as your reward and then live on some sort of astral plain where just about anything is possible

edit: and the only reason satanism is called such is because it is an opposite of the christian belief system, christians believe there are sins that are to be avoided, satanists believe the sins are really just natural urges that bring pleasure and are to be indulged in

a better term for satanism would be atheistic hedenism

edit again: "No rationally minded person could read it and still attach any credibility whatsoever to Christianity."

i never attached any credibility to christianity in the first place, i read it, and it didnt make me go "ooooooh ... HES RIGHT!!" i just read it and thought "just another atheist trying to argue that he's right and is all knowing"

cuz when it comes down to it, no one fuckin knows, haha for all u know when you die your gonna fuckin be cryin your eyes out as you fall down to the hell u thought didnt exist, or u could just die n that would be the end of conscious thought (life)

you cant argue something that you have no idea as to the real answer, it just makes you seem ignorant, and lemme say, you do it quite good

edit again again: n if u wanna know another one of my idea's, heres the most realistic heaven/hell scenario i've thought of.. energy cannot be destroyed, it can dissipate, but will always exist.. just as matter can not be destroyed. the energy (firing of electrons in your brain from synapse to synapse) that is your consciousness and thought is what christians would call your "soul".. if this energy does not dissipate, it is possible that it can transfer into another developing living human mind (a baby in the womb), so that this baby now has your "soul" in it, but no recollection of your past life, because your brain is what holds memory. so if there is such a thing as fate, i think its quite possible that if you were a bad/evil person in ur previous life, you new life will be full of pain and suffering, such as poverty, illness, the death of loved ones, overall bad luck, etc. however it is possible to become a good person in your new shitty life and when you die and continue onto the next life, your life will be full of prosperity, luck, health, etc.

the main reason i thought of this is because my whole life has been nothing but shitluck, even though i'm what i'd like to think of myself as a good person, never fucked anyone over, always try to help others out.. so i think its quite possible that in my past life i was a horrible person and my "soul" is now being punished in this shitty life

i'm not saying that this is what i believe, but its certainly just as much of a possibility as any other idea as to what happens after death.

5. atheistic hedonism = paganism.

satanism, while not solely focused on the Devil persay, is based around a belief system of demons/fallen angels/evil spirits.

i agree with everything you say, but youre not technically a satanist.

6. The ultimate observer ;) seen a docu. on this, awsome stuff.

said it once and i'll say it again. Seen a docu. on this, awsome stuff.

Sounds reasonable... but what constitutes that as a religion or belief aside from fact lol.

Off topic::: you guys see that thread about the pope changing the 7 sins lol. (im flyin and blabbling)

7. you mean the catholic church changed part of their doctrine? Say it isn't so my good man. They did the same thing with the immaculate conception, so this should surprise no one.

8. ha it was the new list of commandments, i guess you are flying :p

9. Just thought I'd clear something up.... Satanism doesn't necessarily mean worshiping Satan or devils or anything like that. It can mean that, but it's a common misconception because there are many different forms of religion/spirituality referred to as Satanism. The most common association with the word is belonging to a small religious group that is unrelated to any other faith, and whose members feel free to satisfy their urges responsibly, exhibit kindness to their friends, and attack their enemies. It's called Satanism because one who follows it accepts Satan as a pre-Christian life principle worth emulating. That does not mean that they directly worship or even really believe in Satan as a deity.

10. Until proven otherwise, I've reached the conclusion that negligent is a Christian, which is the real reason he's attacking the piece so vociferously. It touches a nerve with him, as it would be expected to do with Christians. The reason he's concealing that fact is because he wants to give the appearance of impartiality. I, therefore, won't respond to anymore of his responses to this thread.

11. [​IMG]

no one asked you to.

12. Ehh. I think I'm going to stay away from this thread here... :eek:

13. ok citizen abuse, whatever you say

since i'm such a hardcore fucking christian, thats why i have AVE SATANAS tattoo'd across my chest (latin for hail satan) and above it i just got the satanic pentagram tattoo'd (pentagram with a goats head in it)

and even if i was a christian who gives a fuck, so your not gonna respond to my threads cuz i'm a christian? that makes you an absolute worthless peice of shit in my book, no better than a fucking racist. just cuz the article you posted was stupid and full of useless observations is no reason to discredit all of the shit i've said, just as your article points out things about christianity having no credibility, all i've done is point out weak points in the article that hold no real meaning that discredits christianity, just blatant arguments that have all been used before, nothing new

and for the record

AVE SATANAS!, REGIE SATANAS!, HAIL SATAN!

only hardcore christians get tattoo's for the devil

http://forum.grasscity.com/general/177885-horrible-friday-3-good-parts.html

is that fucking proof enough that i'm not a fucking christian dude?? god your stupidity pisses me the fuck off

edit: and i am a satanist, just because satanism shares similarities to paganism and hedonism, doesnt mean i'm not a satanism, catholic and prodestan chrisians share mostly the same belief system, but yet theres still a difference

kna mean, so i dont care what religion u think i am, i'm a satanist, regardless of if it sounds just like some other religion, i only told you the primary basis of the religion, there are also rituals and other belief's that make it seperate from those other religions, i just used the generic explanation just to explain that i dont worship the devil, since in satanism, you are satan, when you say hail satan, your hailing yourself, because we are gods ourselves

14. Can I ask what type of satanist you are? Theistic Satanist? Atheistic? LaVeyan?

15. shit mane stayin blowed

16. Laveyan

FYI for those who dont know, that means i follow the satanic bible written by Anton Szandor Lavey

check it out, good read, n u'll be like "damn, i already live my life like this... hell even most christians do"

17. Good unbiased opinion!

Just the one point alone that the piece makes, that Jesus Christ had zero knowledge of the natural world, is the absolute knockout blow to any notion that Jesus was the son of a being that created the universe. The absolute knockout blow!

18. I believe that Jesus was trying to teach people how to find the truth, that was his purpose.

Paul on the other hand (who you quoted in Romans) was a official in the Church of The Sun, based out of Rhodes. This church was very popular in Greece and Rome; and actually Constantine was a life long member of this church (no he was not a Christian, in the sense that he followed Jesus).

If you study anything about Sun worship they love to make people feel guilty about themselves, it is a normal trick for them. First they show you the 'dark side of the sun' and then they show you the 'light side of the sun' or the protective father figure. So if you have any security or fear issues, you will run towards this 'father figure' and cry and weep.

So basically I agree with everything you say, however I would like to clear Jesus's name of it, because I believe that without him, this Sun cult would be without morals what-so-ever, and we would already all be living in cages, like cattle.

19. That's an interesting thought... isn't that sort of the premise that Zeitgeist totally twists around?