Christianity has been debunked once and for all

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by citizen abuse, Mar 14, 2008.

1. lol Christianity 'debunked'.

look at Christianity as a spiritual guide and it's impossible to debunk it. It helps you find the truth inside of you, so you shouldn't be treating it as though it's truth. Truth cannot live in the past, it is always present, and in the living.

2. Doesnt matter, religion has taught people to be satisfied with not knowing the answers to the universe.

3. Is there anything 'new' or good in that? Because I don't feel like reading it all.

...:smoking:

4. if you cant figure out for yourself that christianity is a joke and you actually need someone to explain it to you,

you might as well keep going to church.

5. I've argued against many smart Christians and it made me staying uneasy whether if i'm right or wrong being an atheist. I would love to confirm myself it's fake but they provide some good debates.

6. pretty good read, although i may have seen this before. definately an avid dawkins reader!!

good find +rep

and yes, that means i whole heartedly agree with every word of it.

7. i dont talk about relegion on the city dont know why i guess i dont feel the need too..

8. ^ well, youd assume it be a safe place to, but sadly, no matter what the article debunks "once and for all", there will still be many who deny the obvious facts.

9. bubbles! where you been man?

10. The only way Christianity will ever be "debunked" is if someone goes back in time and destroys the books of the Bible before they ever became widespread. In other words, there are way too many Christians who live in their own little world and refuse to accept or even entertain an idea that conflicts in the slightest with their belief system.... no matter how much logical and scientific evidence you use against them. There is a certain point when you're fed so much garbage throughout your life that it becomes impossible to erase, at least for most people.

11. Most people seem to relish in the fantasy of religion.
    Oscar Wilde once said: Religion, opiate of the masses!

12. Think that was Karl Marx. About the one thing he got right :)

13. definitely Marx

14. ok, first off lemme say that i'm a satanist, meaning i dont believe in a christian god or anything like that, but whoever wrote this is a total jackass.

he makes alota really stupid arguments, thinking that he's "proving" that christianity is "fake"

first off, if jesus really is the son of god, his purpose on earth wasnt to teach people the universe's secret, or that the world is round and that the moon causes tides n shit.. the point of christ was to teach people morals and how to be a good human being, not that there were continents and thousands of other people in the world.. jesus was not a god, but a meer man, and was not all knowing

he argues why would jesus come at such a time when people were stupid.. could it be because it was when humans were starting to establish a solid society/government and god may have wanted to set some rules to keep the human race going, instead of there being absolute chaos, murders, theft, etc.

people were not awe struck looking at jesus because he did not look like god, he looked like any other man in that time period, i've never heard that jesus was god on earth, otherwise he would have never been crucified and cast horrible wrath on sinners and the roman empire

then he goes on to say that god would have to judge 2 people every second at the rate of death, but anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence knows that time is only a human perception with measurements of a reoccuring pattern (day/night, months to makeup seasons, seasons to makeup years).. if you've ever been unconscious u know that it can seem like hours, when in conscious time it was only a matter of minutes, and when you die, if there is anything at all after death, time and your perception of it is totally gone, and you would experience "eternity" until you are reincarnated, or forever

god wouldnt work a 9 to 5, because time does not exist, and also obviously this guy knows nothing about christianity, because god himself is not who judges people

then he brings up dinosaurs for who knows what the fuck reason, i guess to prove how "scientific" he is, but humans didnt "have to have lived with the dinosaurs", because if we did, the human race would be extinct as well

in the bible it talks about god creating the world in 7 days, and if i'm correct, man was made on the 7th day, by 7 days i'm sure this does not mean 168 hours in human time, it is a metaphor like most of the bible, so man was not made the very second the earth was created, 7 days was probably in fact millions of years, 7 days in "god time" which debunks his theory of god judging people at 2 per second because as i said before, time does not exist

people always attack specifically christianity for some reason, when in fact all religions are "fake" in a scientific sense, and by doing so your no better then a christian, thinking that your opinion is absolute truth.

and that was negligents debunking of the debunking of christianity

and did i mention i also think christianity is fairly stupid as well? not as stupid as the guy who wrote this though

15. negligent, for a satinist you do about as good a job defending Christianity as any Jesus freak I've ever known!

I read the piece and believe that it more than lives up to its title. No rationally minded person could read it and still attach any credibility whatsoever to Christianity.

All you did was try to dispute fact with nothing but speculation. For instnce, what you say regarding Jesus' purpose for being here is nothing but speculation. What the piece says about Jesus not demonstrating any knowledge of the natural world, however, is fact. What you say about time being a human concept is nothing but speculation. What the piece says about death rates, however, is fact. You really shouldn't try to dispute facts using nothing but sheer, utter and absurd speculation!

16. How do you say that christianity "Helps you find the truth inside of you" if anything it pushes the truth deep deep inside you so you cannot find it.

"Sending His own Son in a body like that of sinful human nature and as a sacrifice for sin" - Romans 8:3

How could our human nature be sinful? These are the 3 most horrible words I've ever heard. That is just bone chilling (wait till you hear a priest say it.) *Shivers*

All the christian religion does is tell people that they are sinners and they need to fear and thank/praise god, this is not how things should be.

Does it scare anyone else that there are people, policemen, politicians, doctors all making daily and important decisions based on faith and fear of god?

And your friends and family, they are not living there life to the fullest. And why? Well they can do that when they get to heaven right?:rolleyes:

Don't satanists believe in or worship satan? If you dont believe "in a christian god or anything like that" wouldnt that make you atheist? or agnostic?

Just wondering....never met a satanist:wave:

17. Added note,

I was raised as a catholic. Funny thing, I wasnt informed that I had a choice till after my confirmation (Sacrament of confirming you're faith when your old enough to make the decision for your own.) When I asked my mom about her confirmation she said she wasnt confirmed. When I asked why, she told me what confirmation was about....You better bet your ass my catholic school (the school i confirmed through) didnt tell me any of this.

Just wake up, don't fear god, dont fear hell, THIS IS IT RIGHT NOW....So read read as much as you can, cus you aint gonna doing much in the dirt. Please.

EDIT:: Found a good quote "A growing mind can easily digest the idea of a univers guided by an unswerving law, as it can the concept of a distant personage that it may never see, who dwells it knows not where, and who has at some time created out of nothing a universe which is permeated by emnity, injustice, inequality of opportunity, and endless suffering and strife"

18. but he never said he doesnt believe in anything, just not anything resembling a christian god.

19. well, from what i know about satanism, its not actual worship of satan. i'm pretty sure that its about doing what you want, indulging all fantasies, etc. even if its considered bad, or socially unacceptable.

correct me if im wrong, however. i dont know a whole lot about the subject of satanism.