what group/band/artist put on the best concert

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by andyduckets, Mar 7, 2008.

1. DUDE I am soooooooooooooooooo fucking jealous. You got to see Nas in a 250 house and have him premier ether!?!?!? OMFG I would've been going wild that song is straight fire!

AND RAGE AND GANGSTARR HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!

DAMN man, DAMN. I am jealous as hell.

2. And you know Rage is just going to bring down the fucking house too. They were SO bad ass.

3. My Dad always used to tell me stories about the concerts he's been to. He's been to them all. And he talked about Motorhead A LOT, and said they were the loudest band he has EVER seen in person.

4. i was in london three years ago and MOTORHEAD and MORBID ANGEL were playing a doubleset together!!

probably the 2nd most violent show i have ever been to outside america.

5. i worked at concert venues in high school and heres is some of what i thought

best rapper i have seen is jayz. he had his whole roca family there for the songs and actually sounded good. fabulous 50 cent, snoop dog, bonecrusher, adn someone else all sounded like shit that day and jayz was the shit. seen at amplithere outdoors

best jam bandish; the dead without jerry. only in my 20s here was pretty fucking sick. and just the atmosphere is fun. i love how the dead heads set up shop outside in the parking lot. and plus they seem to always want to get employees fucked up and i like getting fucked up. dave mathews is fun but not as great. both were at the large outdoor amplithere
    \
    best jazz concert: the bad plus. most likely u have not heard of them. there drummer is sick. and even if your a person who doesnt like jazz they do covers of nirvana queen blonde etc saw them at a jazz club/restaurant

best dj; dj ztrip plays some awesome mix mash stuff that he does live also my job was to watch over his stuff so we hung out all day and boozed and smoked. he left me with a joint about half an 8th and his promo cd at the end of the day

best small venue band
    saw tenacious d at applebees open mic night. was hilarious

best band i dont like on cd but put on a hell of a show: the flamming lips. its fun. they do all kinds of stuff to get the crowd involved. i didnt like there cds before the show. i tried listening again to a few of there cds after adn still cannot get into it but i would instantly buy tickets for any of there shows

im jealous of the nas show. i want to see him but not sure how a small white kid in chicago woud go at a nas show. i have not seen radiohead either. those are on my wish list along with kate nash who i am seeing soon

i was not impressed by the police. was in a box at wrigley for it and still didnt like it but got really drunk

im not a fan of metal so didnt like ozfest or tool only cool thing about those shows if u work them is u see people bleeding all over. or just thrown into baricades etc.

hotest girls are at rap concerts, then country,then jam band ish, rock comes in last

6. G.W.A.R. . . .loved that giant fish strap-on which spewed multi-colored fluids!!!! :metal:

7. In no particular order...a partial list off the top of my head;

Frank Zappa
    King Crimson
    Tool
    Return to Forever
    The Foetus All Nude Review
    New Model Army
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Iggy Pop
    Pink Floyd
    The Ministry
    The Manhattan Transfer
    GWAR
    Oingo Boingo
    Soundgarden

so :smoking:many shows, so many bongs...:cool:

8. KT Tunstall gives a great live performance. i saw her once.

9. jay z is one of the best performers of our time....i saw him twice here in ct and they were by far the best shows i've been to.

im goin to see bone thugs this weekend for the first time (i've been a fan for as long as i can remember). i can't wait....i'll let u guys kno how it goes

10. Hands down...the best show I ever seen was Rush, the pure quality of the sound matched the studio almost perfectly, & they are so freakin talented, Alex plays a really sweet guitar while playing about 50 foot pedals, Neal's just rockin the hell out of his gear...all of it, while Geddy is in a coccon of high tech equipment with his killer base.

Eagle's put on a great show, one of thier encores - sp? they all came out & took to different instruments & played a song or two like that, I gues if you been in a band that long you can play all the instruments, I still thought it was pretty cool.

11. I dunno, but this is one of my all time favourites:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6-6xV0uAVpk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6-6xV0uAVpk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

12. Best show i've ever been to was Jam on the River 2006. Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Railroad Earth, and to close it out, a long ass set by Ween. Seen Ween twice since, both fantastic shows. Jam on the River 2008 was not so much my style.. too electronic for my taste, however the Flaming Lips closed it out and that performance was unreal. So much confetti and giant balloons.

13. People under the stairs put on a good show, i saw them in Boulder. Also if anybody likes bluegrass, jamband type music i would suggest seeing a yonder mountain concert. This spring in Steamboat haha, they had a few free shows up at the gondola, one was Jeff Austin and friends. They played a hell of a jam, really getting into it, and my favorite part was everyone on stage had a beer and a flask

14. YES!!!
    I saw them last summer!

15. Man would I love to have seen Zappa and King Crimson, I'm probably gonna see Zappa plays Zappa at Rothburry, and there is a couple of King Crimson shows in Chicago soon but I probably won't make that.

16. its gotta be a tie for nas and jay-z for me

17. Red Hot Chili Peppers 2006 concert at the Toyota Center in Houston.

18. I totally saw that Rage and GangStarr show!!! Rage played EVERY song they had, GangStarr had the most bass I have ever been subjected to, my friend took too many valiums and past out in a piss puddle in the bathroom, AWESOME SHOW, I repeat AWESOME!!!!!!

Saw Les Claypool (not with Primus), it was really good.

Rush was probably the best sounding and most technically proficient band I've ever seen.

Went to a Hank Williams, Jr. show with my buds, not really that into country, but I got laid by this drunk chick and me and my friends had to almost beat up her boyfriend. yeah, that'll never happen again, glad i didn't get an std!

ummm, greatest regret of my life: I missed the Pantera - White Zombie show (Vulgar D - La Sexorcisto era) I'm crying about that again right now. Got to invent a time machine.

Got to meet sevendust and got my ticket signed, show was o.k., sounded crappy though.

19. Muse hands down was the most energetic and amazing show I have ever seen in my life. Go ahead and say what you will, but the lights and lasers they used were insane...not to mention they sounded amazing as well. Very very very talented...just awesome.

20. I hope this was a joke.