what group/band/artist put on the best concert

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by andyduckets, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Rush!

Seen them 5 times, I caught the moving pictures tour twice, once in the Reunion arena in Dallas, & then caught the same show in Norfolk VA. Vary clear & close matching to the studio.

Another great show was Ozzy...Blizzard of Oz, the stage was freakin sick.

& of Course one of my all time favorite shows would have to be Kiss back in the day.

I also remember catching Iron Maiden with Judas Priest, White Snake was on the ticket as well, but they had problems...so Iron Maiden & Judas Priest had a couple extra hours.

I would have to also mention Eagles, man what a great show that was, I caught them at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas with Heart / Cheap Trick / Sammy Hagar / Christopher Cross / & some others...it was a summer jam thing.

2. this man speaks the truth. I miss the Jerry shows.

3. The Flaming Lips

4. Phil Lesh and Friends, Cypress Hill, The Fugees, Phish and Neil Young.

5. goin to see queens of the stone age in may, there deffinately one of the better live bands around. I would also love to see the roots live, i hear they put on a good show.

6. I recently went to Langerado in Miami if anyone is from Florida.. It was damn amazing! But individual acts...I'd have to say The Mars Volta, through personal experience.

7. stop making sense the best and the only :)

8. otep is amazing live. she's hot she growls and she has a pig head

[​IMG]

9. First time I saw Judas Priest was on their tour supporting "Defenders Of The Faith" (Were one of my favorite bands back then).. Was mind blowing that they would completely sell out on their follow up album.

Iron Maiden (Definitely a favorite band as well): First saw them touring behind "Powerslave".. Seeing them do "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner" is something I STILL remember well (Was up at the front of the stage).. The vibe.. The lights.. The stage setup.. Never have forgotten it. Was a magical thing. Maiden was always a GREAT band to see.. Plus they'd always be incredibly loud. All the better..

Anyway.. I can't narrow it down.

I always refer back to the first time I saw Motorhead (With Exciter and Mercyful Fate in '84) as being the best show I've seen. Saw Motorhead every time they played Detroit after (Till' about '90). That show should have been filmed, man.

[​IMG]

10. Hell yeah! I saw them at lollapalooza. With the balloons and Wayne walking on the crowd. It's fuckin epic!

I still think daft punk would probably top it though, but I missed Lollapalooza 2007. Damn!

11. i saw three days grace one night when it was l pouring down raining and storming hard
    it was awesome , they do awesome live shows.

12. I'd have to say Dave Matthews Band at SPAC in the summer or Dispatch Zimbabwe tops my list.

13. the grateful dead was the best concerts to ever go to. THEY WERE THE BEST! JERRY JERRY JERRY

14. Either tool or system....cradle of filth was good too.

15. nowdays id have to say tool

16. Incubus is REALLY good live. and radiohead. but thats a given.

17. Insane Clown Posse.

I know most people don't like them but they put on the best concerts.

18. soulja boy.

/end thread.

19. Saw TOOL at a little bar in Phoenix called the Mason Jar. That was years ago, before many of you even knew who they were. It was a good show, to be sure.
    Saw Flaming Lips at a small college venue in Normal, IL. My eyes were a bit assaulted by their beeming lights facing the audience, but it was fun.
    I loved seeing G.W.A.R. at a club in Phoenix.
    Butthole Surfers, very fun at The Silver Dollar in Phoenix. Especially if you're trippin.
    Foetus is always pretty awesome. Saw him at a little place in Tempe AZ, The Sun Club (no longer there, burned down).
    Jeff Beck.
    Aerosmith, back in 1977.
    Count Basie Orchestra. Saw them in Bloomington IL, in 1989, i think.

20. + rep for attending a gwar show.