what group/band/artist put on the best concert

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by andyduckets, Mar 7, 2008.

1. just like the title says... im always up to catch a good show, and when a group is good; it shows live... here's the 5 best i have seen... and i've been to a bunch... oh and if u can describe the size of the venue... it helps me imagine the scene

#5 i hit nas in the face with a blunt... he wasnt even interested but it was one of the top 5 shows i've seen.. it was right around the jz beaf so he spit that either song before it was even released.. *small sweat box club that was @ max capisity, probably 250 people attended*

#4roger waters, u gotta admit he was the genious behind pink floyd, plus there was lazer lights, and endless amounts of smoking...regardless your age (i swear to god i saw a 8yr old puffin) *this show sold out america west arena*

#3 was masta ace... just saw him in dec... he was on stage for 3hrs... *and there was only 50-60 people or so---everyone else missed out

#2 i hit gza in the shoulder with a blunt, he was so excited he almost tripped over his mic cord... dry pufft it after the song... paused said he felt that phx love pointed me out-gave me a j-love mixtaype of his, and a shirt... then he free styled for 30 minutes after his show was over... acapella... **this was at the same club as the nas show, and there was close to 100 people there

#1 the best was by far Rage against the machine and Gangstarr back in 98 or 99... *those fuckers sold out america west arena (so did roger waters) 30K+people for one show is so crazy.. its like the whole floor where NBA players are running, had like 2K people moshing to RATM sooo sick, and it was right after Big L died... so there was like a 15 minute tribute of songs + silence in memory of... so it was kinda like a free L show... in memory of--

as for honnoriable mentions

methodman comes in close

so does a D-block/lox show

as for the rest of the shows i've been to, i havnt been that impressed. its amaising the magic that can be done by a exelent studio engineer

2. The Grateful Dead when Jerry was around The Dead is good to though, and Phil Lesh and Friends.

3. Tool for the win.

Atmosphere and Classified as far as hip-hop goes.

4. Hell yes

5. chili peppers are amazing live, the only think that sucks is that they only play massive arenas and its expensive

modest mouse is really good too, i saw them in san diego and santa barbara and both times it was GA with 1000-2000 people

arcade fire is also pretty good live, even though i dont care much for their album tracks

oh and dave matthews is sick

6. I recently saw Gogol Bordello in concert and they totally blew me away, best show I've ever been to.

7. Turbonegro at the granada was pretty badass it a small venue with only like 200 people and they came with mondo generator (lead singer/bassists was in queens of the stone age) and year long disaster which had such a badasss sound and proly the best best sounding live out of the 3
    idk it was an extremely badass show all around plus i smoked a bunch of hash during it haha

8. Chili Peppers, Thievery Corporation, 311, Australian Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, old school Incubus shows

9. Daft Punk.

10. Prodigy were brilliant...cos it was a really small gig...but mainly cos prodigy are just, well, brilliant..

Damien Marley was also really good, again a really small gig...

11. how was roger waters? im gonna see him at coachella this year

12. Nice! I'd like to see Bordello live.

Best show i've seen would be Pnuma Trio. I wish I could go see David Krakauer, shpongle and bela fleck and the flecktones. I missed out on Dead Meadow two weeks ago, very pissed about that

13. for me it would be the doors. if jim was at his best then his shows would be amazing. he put so much emotion into it and you would never know what he would do next. their concerts were unlike any other band ever and for me they put on the best concerts.

14. TOM PETTY or the Police. saw tom at red rocks and the police at pepsi center, and will see em again at red rocks this summer. but any show at red rocks kicks ass.

15. i'm not sure if you'll get the full effect at a festival but it's gonna be great

16. Third that.

[​IMG]

17. i tried to go see tool the last 2 times they were in town... they sold out within a hr or two of opening ticket sales.. and tickets were like 100-250 on craigslist and ebay so i said f'it. the chili peppers preformed without flea last time they were in town... which for me, basically ruines the whole chilli peppers thing...

as for dmb, i might fall asleep--- they have that effect on me i cant drive and dmb at the same time. but i could only imagine how flawless their show would be.

18. as for roger waters... dude is amaising; the lazer show kicked my ass... along with the never ending smoke sesh

19. what??! why didn't Flea perform with them

20. What?!?! You missed Tool?!

Dude....