Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does pot stay good?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Blazed Italian, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Last month, my mother called me upstairs because she found her old stash from 2 years before I was born. I took it, stuck it in my humidor for a few days, and smoked it with my friend. It still got me really high. If weed from 1987 is still good today, then I have to wonder how long it truly can stay good.

2. Anybody every try sticking them in mason jars and pressure cooking them? Should kill all the bacteria allowing you to keep it at room temperature. Shouldn't burn the THC since 15PSI is about 257F.

3. The longest I ever kept pot was 5 years. >Tightly wrapped and sealed<. The buds were perfect when opened. I made the mistake of not putting it in jars after they were opened. A lot of weed got moldy after a couple weeks. :cry: I don't know why.

4. use those vaccum seal ziplock bags

5. Wow that is sweet! :):D Do you actually remember losing/looking for it 10 years ago?

6. Yeah, those work good...but I prefer Mason jars. If you use a vacuum-seal bag, when you slice into it, you must re-seal it.
    In a Mason jar, open & grab a bud or 2, then screw the top back on. I know all my grower buddies use [& label] the Mason jars for their stash...& they swear by them.
    1 time this grower pal of mine, who lives about 100 miles from me, drove to my house to visit, have dinner, & spend the night. He brought 9 different jars with him...all with different strains. I told him that he was lucky he didn't run into a 'drivers license checkpoint' or a 'seat-belt checkpoint' or a 'DUI checkpoint'...but he wanted me to SEE what each 1 looked like.
    Crazy bastid...:eek: :smoking: :bongin: :hippie:

7. Best story...ever. :hello:

8. As time goes on the THC deteriorates but it is not really going to be noticeable to you.

9. it's temperature and humidity those are the things that will cause problems if not kept moderate:D

10. I was smokin' on buds grown summer of '08 until this past November, and my friend who grew it still is. The bud's as fresh as it was that summer, except nicely cured & a little headier in my opinion.

Kept in sealed mason jars in the dark corner of my closet. With no exposure to air/light that shit could potentially last forever. Though I wouldn't check on it too often, every time you crack the jar you're deteriorating the bud a bit.

I wouldn't do the vacuum seal deal because to get all the air out the buds get all compressed. Great for shipping(if you want to risk it, I never will - too chicken shit) but since mason jars work just fine, why mush perfectly good buds?

11. If you keep it in a mason jar in a cool, dark place and never open it, it will stay fresh for months and months and months. I do it every time I come around real amazing headies, I'll buy like a quarter of Chemdawg and put it in the jar to save for a later date. I've got a gram of Sour Diesel from July I'm saving until I see a buddy who moved away. It's still as dank as when I put it in there.

12. in my room i have: 1/8 of Pineapple, 1/8 AK47, 1/8 Cali Chronic mason jarred up for a fun ass sativa full summer!

13. hah I'm actually just getting started on my 420 foundation. I'm just going to get a few mason jars and I'm going to start saving now. All the different buds I can, just a small little nug of each. It'll be epic.

14. dude you are awesome! thats word for word what happened to me today. i moved into a new house. and found a bag of really old weed in the bar. i was apprehensive at first... but ended up smoking some really awesome dust and got on my computer ^.^

15. OK then...I've got nothing to worry about, as all my bodacious buds are in mason jars in my safe, which is in a cool, dry place.
    I should be looking good now for yrs!! It's just that it's a LOT in the jars...probably a QP of various strains. Possibly 7 to 9 different kinds....
    BR_1947, C-99, Kali Spice, WW x BB, Romulan, Blue Moonshine, I can't even remember the rest. :hippie:

16. hah, so now the only thing you have to worry about for them going bad is them being lit on fire

by you

17. What about the little orange pill bottles? Do you think they'd preserve weed well?

18. Wondering that also. I use them as well. Though I have heard that they are a good choice for storage.

19. Thanks my friend...:wave:....it really does help being friends with a gourmet grower...:smoke:

20. I guess that solves the case of the missing animal poop.
    Atleast it didn't clean up itself and I'm not going crazy.
    On the other hand, you did smoke poop so....