Video Games to Play While High

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Revolution, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Video Games to Play While High

I'm just putting together a little post of games that I think are fun to play while you're high. Let me know if you have some.

Title: Rez, Rez HD
    Platform: Dreamcast, Ps2, Xbox Live Arcade

[​IMG]

Rez is a single player rail shooter. You travel a predetermined path which is very trippy. The game is music-driven, trance music plays in the background and your character shoots the enemies to the beat of the music and makes little beats to go with it. It's more of a game to experience then to try to explain. Rez comes with an added bonus. You can buy a "trance vibrator" (Ps2) or plug in extra 360 controllers (XBL) that vibrate to the beat. For you or your significant other.

Title: Tetris
    Platform: Any platform known to mankind.

[​IMG]

Maybe it's just me, but I loves me some Tetris. If you don't know about Tetris, I ask "Why are you here?" I love kicking back, throwing on some Tetris, and letting those geometric shapes and colors I come to love take over. I find it very relaxing. Plus, the original Tetris music kicks ass.

Title: Electroplankton
    Platform: Nintendo DS

[​IMG]

Not much of a game, but more of a musical trip enhancer. This game has ten different "electroplankton" which all have some odd musical ability. Tracy lets you trace lines and it creates a melody based on your line. Hanenbow are drips of water that slide off angled leaves creating music when they hit other leaves. Luminaria (pic) follow arrows and play random notes in harmony and they have different speeds. Sun-animalcule are musical seeds that are planted and grow to a specific rhythm. Rec-Rec are 4 fish that you can record your own loops and set them too a beat. Nanocarp are tiny and by touching the touch screen, you create ripples and they resonate to them. Lumiloop are loops that you spin that play one tone. Spin a whole bunch of them at once to get very relaxing music. Marine-Snow are tiny and there are lots of them. They play a single note and switch places with other marine-snows. Beatnes lets you make your own NES sounding loops. and Volvoice is a sound manipulator. It has an audience mode as well that plays stuff for you. Highly recommended!

Title: Katamari Damacy, Katamari & Me, We Love Katamari, Beautiful Katamari
    Platform: Ps2, PSP, Xbox 360

[​IMG]

Katamari Damacy is one of those strange Japanese games. The King of the Universe accidentally knocked the planets out of the sky and calls upon the Prince to make new planets. How? By rolling a sticky ball, a katamari, and picking up ANYTHING in it's path! You can only pick up objects smaller or of equal size of your katamari. As your katamari gets bigger, you can pick up bigger objects and finally form planets. The visuals are very strange and colorful, which means it's fun to play after a toke. Plus, you can never get the theme music out of your head. Naa nanana na na na nana Katamari Damashiiiii....

Title: Loco Roco
    Platform: PSP

[​IMG]

Loco Roco is a refreshing title on the PSP. The concept and design are quite simple. Hold L or R to tilt the world, causing the Loco Roco to roll left or right. Press both L and R to jump. You have the ability to form one giant ball or break up into many tiny balls depending on the situation. The object is to collect as many somethings as you can. Sorry, I wasn't paying much attention because the Loco Roco sings with a cute voice to the songs. It's a very cheery game that will fill you with warmth and make your trip a hundred times better.

Title: Meteos
    Platform: Nintendo DS

[​IMG]

Meteos is a puzzle game similar to Columns, but with an added twist. You line up similar colors vertically or horizontally and they shoot upwards, taking the pieces around them and above them up as well. The more similar pieces you match, the higher the segment shoots up. Once you blast a certain number of pieces off the stage, you win the level. The music plays in loops of different styles. The more you blast off, the more tracks get added on. It can get quite challenging and it has multiplayer.

Title: PaTaPon
    Platform: PSP

[​IMG]

It's a strategy game, but the art and music makes it worthwhile to play. You have a small army of creatures called PaTaPons. You give them orders by playing a short drum sequence to the beat. You have them attack by playing a different drum sequence. That sort of thing. But the more you hunt, the bigger and stronger your army gets and the bigger and stronger the enemies get. It's not out yet but I played a demo and it is VERY addictive. If I had a PSP of my own, I'd pick this up right away!

Title: Geometry Wars
    Platform: Xbox Live Arcade, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS

[​IMG]

Think Asteroids. You control a ship with one directional stick and you control where you fire with you other stick. Easy, right? Look at the screen shot. You fly on a plane, purple graph paper, and you shoot anything that moves. As you move and fire, the plane warps and ripples around you creating a stunning visual effect. After a while, you'll feel like you're in a trance playing this game. It has a very old-school feel to it since it's main focus is surviving the longest and racking up the most points.

2. Trying to play FPS like halo or gears is always fun, but i really enjoy playing Rock Band while high. I cant play on expert while high, but still playing and having the music is great while high.

3. geometry wars on the xbox live arcade, its nuts

4. cod4

skate. is kinda fun

Time crisis 4

the resident evil series(always a nice heart thumper)

300 on the psp

fightnight round 3 with friends

5. Oh my gosh! I was supposed to add that to the list but I forgot. Thanks for the reminder.

6. Call of Duty 4

PORTAL!!11!!11!!

Stepmania

The Last Stand (flash game.... way fun, seriously)

7. haha yeah i was wonderin why it wasnt there... everyone knows its the greatest

8. is there a way to play geomoetry wars for free?:hello:

9. They might have a demo on Xbox Live. I think they have this for the PC too so check that out.

10. just download the demo for it on the xbox live arcade, thats if you have a xbox 360...only difference is it doesnt keep records of your top score

11. dude.... guitar hero hahaha

12. i normally play counter-strike or guitar hero 3. either one is funn

13. lately, ive found burnout paradise quite the.. uhhh.. need i say burnouts paradise?

14. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

I have the Xbox version, which is amazing, but the ps2 version has skateboarding mode. Which I was rather disappointed to find out that the Xbox version didn't have...

15. cod4
    portal!
    TF2
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    Resident Evil 4

Super smash brothers for N64! (and brawl when it comes out should be amazing!)

and i hope someone else is with me on this last one

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time!!

16. What system was (is) that on?

17. I'm gonna have to go get that, I remember all the TMNT games were fun.

18. I'm going to have to say just about any MMORPG.
    Basically because you can do whatever you want while talking about how high you are, or previous times you've gotten high! (WHITE PEOPLE CONVERSATIONALISM)

19. im about to play in a fifa tourney on my bros xbox 360 stoned and its a five dollar buy in so i hope getting high helps with the pain of losing haha