Fucking BS Religion on Nickelodeon...

Discussion in 'General' started by locc 2ThA brain, Feb 22, 2008.

1. there's this episode on "Everybody love's Raymond" when the whole family goes to church on sunday but raymond doesn't want to go and they just make him feel bad about no wanting to go and how its bad for the kids. At the end he goes, this bothered me more.

2. It's kind of funny, Nickelodeon (not Nick at Nite) doesn't allow religious references, except ones to Judaism like on Rugrats and Hey Arnold. That makes no sense! If I was a bigot, I'd say it's a sign that Jews are running the media, but instead I just think it's unfair and ridiculous. I even heard that they cut out the appearance of the Pope in the Ren and Stimpy episode "Powdered Toast Man" (who was voiced by freaking Frank Zappa, for God's sake) and even rejected the idea of man-eating clergymen on that show (they replaced them with man-eating monks, which also is pointless and makes no sense). But yeah, if you want a character to dance to the Hava Nagila or recite a Hebrew prayer, Nickelodeon's like, "be my guest. Just no Christian prayers."

3. For all the people hating on religion, what's wrong with giving kids hope, the world sucks as it is and it's easier to ask a higher existence and blame one then just accept it. Let the kids think the worlds great until they get older, my thought at least

4. I dont think kids watch George Lopez in general I dont think anybody but op does lol

5. do you really have nothing to do then watch George lopez and post on grasscity about it?>

6. [quote name='"Mendi769"']For all the people hating on religion, what's wrong with giving kids hope, the world sucks as it is and it's easier to ask a higher existence and blame one then just accept it. Let the kids think the worlds great until they get older, my thought at least[/quote]

False Hope. Is worse than no hope.

Because then your forever stuck with the illusion of hope.

7. [quote name='"RememberTheName"']

False Hope. Is worse than no hope.

Because then your forever stuck with the illusion of hope.[/quote]

Isn't that just looking at life half full or half empty? I rather have some type of hope honestly better than looking at life half empry

8. G. Lopez used to be funny. Fool is too old now.

Gabriel Iglesias > G. Lopez

9. 7th heaven was a sitcom all about the "power of the lord!!1!!11" or at least they were a religious family. idk didn't watch it. but you want to complain about once instance of religious overtones compared to a sitcom probably full of them? lol

btw george lopez and his show suck. dont watch that shit man, you're better than that