Fucking BS Religion on Nickelodeon...

Discussion in 'General' started by locc 2ThA brain, Feb 22, 2008.

1. There were several episodes of Simpsons with God in them. I think we should for a mob and burn down FOX.

2. BURN DOWN FOX, BURN DOWN FOX, Your right, that's about how stupid this discussion is, i cant believe this thread wasn't abandoned

Aren't these the same people who bitch a about censorship......hmmm....i believe so.

3. Im not the one getting pissed, im simply backing up the OP just cause he seems to be concerned for the children, and makin a point about religion being forced on kids...which it definitely is, but what else would happen if it wasnt? Who knows, they have to be taught something.

4. Forced? i didnt hear about kids being abducted off the street and forced to watch geoprge lopez. lol

5. Kid's are supposedly impressionable until they're adults. Maybe we should lock all our kids in the basement until their 18th birthday so they can form their own opinions when they're 'matured.' :rolleyes:

Seeing different views and cultures is part of growing up. I'm sure the kids were more worried about the dog living than how the dog came to live. It's fucking TV man, c'mon.

6. I got something for you. . .

[​IMG]

7. blame the crabs. If u get my drift...

8. Well if you think i was talking about kids being forced to watch george lopez then you're an idiot. Im talking about how RELIGION is forced on kids. Ridiculous to say other wise

LIKE I SAID - "but what else would happen if it wasnt? Who knows, they have to be taught something."

9. Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by pbmike15 [​IMG]
    Kid's are supposedly impressionable until they're adults. Maybe we should lock all our kids in the basement until their 18th birthday so they can form their own opinions when they're 'matured.'

Seeing different views and cultures is part of growing up. I'm sure the kids were more worried about the dog living than how the dog came to live. It's fucking TV man, c'mon.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Smart man, listen up and learn something Pheonixinflames. And remember, Jesus loves you, the rest of us think your an asshole. just kidding, lol

10. If some kid is watching George Lopez, he's going to have serious problems. Regardless of wether or not he finds god because of some retarded sitcom...

11. DUDE I SAW THAT! I love that show, to tell you the truth, but when I saw that, I was kinda annoyed. And nick at night doesn't target children- more of adults.
    I did think it was bull shit, though. False hope, basically.

12. You would love that show. Why the hell would that annoy you? I'll never understand how the mere mention of the word god or prayer annoys or even angers people. If you dont believe then so be it, but this offense people take toward Christianity it fucking boggles my mind. Who fucking cares, if it gives people hope, then good for them, and this affects you how?
    That people would actually get annoyed or angered over actors acting from a script in a repeat of a shitty ABC sitcom, well that's probably one of the stupidest wastes of the thought process that i can imagine. life's to short man to sweat the small shit.
    Oh, by the way, i don't understand this concept of false hope. How can hope be false, that is an oxymoron. hope is hope, that's like saying "false wishing"!

13. Well it seems your not understanding well, so I will try to answer the best I can.
    First of all, the sitcom is relaying to a mass audience. This message is 'out' there, and it gets to a lot of people. In this particular show, a dog lost its tumor completely, which will never happen, and never happened. Of course, the show implies that it is prayer to the Christian God. Of course, there are many other religions in America: this episode of this show basically throws down every single other religion in the world. It's not only discriminating, but discouraging. Why? Because we know scientifically that no such thing can happen. A cancerous tumor completely disappearing? Nah, of course it's just a TV show, right? And about false hope: it's all on how you define hope. There are a lot of definitions: but from the Christian stand point hope is 'reality'. Atheists consider this 'reality' as hope. False hope, that is. I know It's hard to understand but maybe that is because I am tripping balls like a mother fucker .
    I guess the best way to put it is not to use the word hope at all.. how about ... false reality?

And you probably read this post like WTF? How can anyone care at all? Some people care about this stuff, while others do not give a shit. Which point of view is the correct one?
    To care or not to care?
    Personally I believe that there is no incorrect viewpoint. The point of views are all correct in one's human sub-conscious.
    Wow. I'm high.

14. It's about as wrong as Jedi Knights using Force in Star Wars. Do you want to censor Star Wars?

Point is, entertainment industry is all about lies. If it was completely realistic, it wouldn't be entertaining.

15. My responses in red.

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2282544" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>DJ1337</TD><TD class=alt2>It's about as wrong as Jedi Knights using Force in Star Wars. Do you want to censor Star Wars?

Point is, entertainment industry is all about lies. If it was completely realistic, it wouldn't be entertaining. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

16. lol i was watching this episode last night or whenever it did air... that part was silly.

haha and that show kinda sucks. the guy playing his best friend ernie is one of my closer friends' uncle. i've met and played golf with him, he's pretty badass... pretty sure he blazes. his character is annoying though

17. don't worry, the kids will learn how much that really works through expirence

18. My responses in bold

19. My responses in Blue.

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Well it seems your not understanding well, so I will try to answer the best I can.

I think he understands but he thinks your making a big deal out of it because your a christian hating wanna be buddhist, but lets not get off subject.

First of all, I'd like to say I'm deeply disappointed in you. Out of everyone, I wouldn't have thought that you would of acted so immature. But I will go on anyways. I'm not making a big deal out of it. My first post included that I saw the episode, and I simply agreed with the OP. I can't do that? Is stating my thoughts against the ToS or law? Nope.
    Secondly, I'm not going to respond to your 2nd part of the sentence simply because what you said was not needed and irrelevant. At least I laughed. Bit I'll say it's not true.

Your right it is Irrelevant and in my own opinion true it was a cheap shot and unneeded.

First of all, the sitcom is relaying to a mass audience. This message is 'out' there, and it gets to a lot of people. In this particular show, a dog lost its tumor completely, which will never happen, and never happened.

fucking duh! ITS A SITCOM! Why not just start telling every kid you see that Santa dont exist.

Of course we know it's a sitcom... but they are suppose to be real, since when did sitcoms become fantasy or sci-fi? The producers and writers are implying that this did , in fact happen. Not to make a big deal out of the show itself, but a big deal to the people watching the show. I didn't want to make it a big deal like I am doing NOW, I simply posted, then I replied to a post. Your the one making a deal. A big deal.

Come on man, all sitcoms are fantasy, that cant be thought of as real life situation's wheres the tragedy in anyone's life, the Simpson's are more real life than most sitcoms. Its TV the whole concept is fantasy entertainment (o.k. except for those lousy reality shows). They aren't supposed to be real, and any good parent should teach their kids whats real and whats not.

Of course, the show implies that it is prayer to the Christian God. Of course, there are many other religions in America: this episode of this show basically throws down every single other religion in the world. It's not only discriminating, but discouraging. Why? Because we know scientifically that no such thing can happen.

look you dont scientifically know shit, its a belief there's evidence on both sides, you dont want to beleive then fucking dont! Why do YOU always got to jump into threads and bash all others beliefs? we dont bash you for pretending to be a Buddhist.

Again, I don't have rights to my thoughts? And, what again am I bashing? And when do I jump into threads bashing? lol. Bashing is the last thing I want to do, but the thing I DO want to do is speak my mind, because I can. If you think people can't do this, I suggest you leave and move .. say.. North Korea.

Arnack you do have a very low opinion of christianity and it come through when you post about it. There's a saying, "its not what you say, its how you say it". You would be wise to mull that over when posting on the subject.

Again, pretending to be Buddhist? This doesn't anger - more of amuse me... I can say I'm not Buddhist, but I follow the morals of Buddhism to reach enlightenment- but that is being Buddhist? But whatever, not to get off topic.

Man i dont even know what that means. i insulted your beliefs because you insulted mine. It was again a cheap shot and i apologize.

A cancerous tumor completely disappearing? Nah, of course it's just a TV show, right? And about false hope: it's all on how you define hope. There are a lot of definitions: but from the Christian stand point hope is 'reality'. Atheists consider this 'reality' as hope. False hope, that is. I know It's hard to understand but maybe that is because I am tripping balls like a mother fucker .
    I guess the best way to put it is not to use the word hope at all.. how about ... false reality?

So i guess when kids watch sponge bob they actually think sponges live in pineapples under the sea? That's how stupid your whole argument is.
    Another thing whats wrong with kids having hope.

Again, sitcoms are aimed towards adults and are suppose to be realistic. Whether they follow those standards or not, I don't care. I was just speaking my mind.

Again its not what you say its how you say it.

And what is wrong with having hope? nothing... Why would it be a problem if I hoped that my dog would live the next day? But what would the problem be if I hoped that my dog would be alive the next day but knowing it would die because of a tumor? that is false hope, and I would probably be A LOT worse off if I hoped and hoped that it would live the next day, but didn't. That's another BUDDHIST moral: accept the facts and lose the attachment.

Yes and another buddhist moral: respect the beliefs and religion of others.

And finally I would like to recall what I stated firstly: you out of all people, I wouldn't expect such a thing. Disappointed, to say the least of course I'm not going to bash you in general because your just speaking your mind. nothing wrong with that.

Again i apologize.

And you probably read this post like WTF? How can anyone care at all? Some people care about this stuff, while others do not give a shit. Which point of view is the correct one?
    To care or not to care?
    Personally I believe that there is no incorrect viewpoint. The point of views are all correct in one's human sub-conscious.

You try to sound intelligent but you dont pull it off well.

Never claimed to be intelligent, just wise.

Wow. I'm high.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

www.arnack.com

20. ... I don't see why this is going on but my comments are in ... green...

Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">Well it seems your not understanding well, so I will try to answer the best I can.

I think he understands but he thinks your making a big deal out of it because your a christian hating wanna be buddhist, but lets not get off subject.

First of all, I'd like to say I'm deeply disappointed in you. Out of everyone, I wouldn't have thought that you would of acted so immature. But I will go on anyways. I'm not making a big deal out of it. My first post included that I saw the episode, and I simply agreed with the OP. I can't do that? Is stating my thoughts against the ToS or law? Nope.
    Secondly, I'm not going to respond to your 2nd part of the sentence simply because what you said was not needed and irrelevant. At least I laughed. Bit I'll say it's not true.

Your right it is Irrelevant and in my own opinion true it was a cheap shot and unneeded.

First of all, the sitcom is relaying to a mass audience. This message is 'out' there, and it gets to a lot of people. In this particular show, a dog lost its tumor completely, which will never happen, and never happened.

fucking duh! ITS A SITCOM! Why not just start telling every kid you see that Santa dont exist.

Of course we know it's a sitcom... but they are suppose to be real, since when did sitcoms become fantasy or sci-fi? The producers and writers are implying that this did , in fact happen. Not to make a big deal out of the show itself, but a big deal to the people watching the show. I didn't want to make it a big deal like I am doing NOW, I simply posted, then I replied to a post. Your the one making a deal. A big deal.

Come on man, all sitcoms are fantasy, that cant be thought of as real life situation's wheres the tragedy in anyone's life, the Simpson's are more real life than most sitcoms. Its TV the whole concept is fantasy entertainment (o.k. except for those lousy reality shows). They aren't supposed to be real, and any good parent should teach their kids whats real and whats not.

There is no need in this argument or debate or whatever you want to call it to ponder whether a sitcom is suppose to be real.

Of course, the show implies that it is prayer to the Christian God. Of course, there are many other religions in America: this episode of this show basically throws down every single other religion in the world. It's not only discriminating, but discouraging. Why? Because we know scientifically that no such thing can happen.

look you dont scientifically know shit, its a belief there's evidence on both sides, you dont want to beleive then fucking dont! Why do YOU always got to jump into threads and bash all others beliefs? we dont bash you for pretending to be a Buddhist.

Again, I don't have rights to my thoughts? And, what again am I bashing? And when do I jump into threads bashing? lol. Bashing is the last thing I want to do, but the thing I DO want to do is speak my mind, because I can. If you think people can't do this, I suggest you leave and move .. say.. North Korea.

Arnack you do have a very low opinion of christianity and it come through when you post about it. There's a saying, "its not what you say, its how you say it". You would be wise to mull that over when posting on the subject.

I have a low opinion of Christianity, your right. But not Christians. And I thought that saying meant the tone of your voice, not it text-terms.

Again, pretending to be Buddhist? This doesn't anger - more of amuse me... I can say I'm not Buddhist, but I follow the morals of Buddhism to reach enlightenment- but that is being Buddhist? But whatever, not to get off topic.

Man i dont even know what that means. i insulted your beliefs because you insulted mine. It was again a cheap shot and i apologize.

You didn't insult my beliefs, you insulted ME. I never insulted YOU, I just insulted your beliefs. Big difference.

A cancerous tumor completely disappearing? Nah, of course it's just a TV show, right? And about false hope: it's all on how you define hope. There are a lot of definitions: but from the Christian stand point hope is 'reality'. Atheists consider this 'reality' as hope. False hope, that is. I know It's hard to understand but maybe that is because I am tripping balls like a mother fucker .

So i guess when kids watch sponge bob they actually think sponges live in pineapples under the sea? That's how stupid your whole argument is.
    Another thing whats wrong with kids having hope.

Again, sitcoms are aimed towards adults and are suppose to be realistic. Whether they follow those standards or not, I don't care. I was just speaking my mind.

Again its not what you say its how you say it.

And what is wrong with having hope? nothing... Why would it be a problem if I hoped that my dog would live the next day? But what would the problem be if I hoped that my dog would be alive the next day but knowing it would die because of a tumor? that is false hope, and I would probably be A LOT worse off if I hoped and hoped that it would live the next day, but didn't. That's another BUDDHIST moral: accept the facts and lose the attachment.

Yes and another buddhist moral: respect the beliefs and religion of others.

I am respecting them, but they lead away towards the path. It's like a Christian saying that being Muslim can get you to heaven to. It just won't happen. I'm educating.

And finally I would like to recall what I stated firstly: you out of all people, I wouldn't expect such a thing. Disappointed, to say the least of course I'm not going to bash you in general because your just speaking your mind. nothing wrong with that.

Again i apologize.

To care or not to care?

You try to sound intelligent but you dont pull it off well.

Never claimed to be intelligent, just wise.

I never said "
    You try to sound intelligent but you dont pull it off well.", you said that. Why the hell did you respond to it? rofl. And no, I don't want to sound intelligent. I don't see how I am. Because I use a word such as consciouses means I want to be smart? Heh

Wow. I'm high.
    </td></tr></tbody></table>