Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Storing question for keep your weed fresh!

• Please log in to reply

guest18

guest18

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
so i amped up and now it's all in plastic bags and from what i hear it looks like in order to keep you weed fresh for long periods of time you should use a mason jar. so now i got myself a mason jar and i was wondering do i need to vacuum seal the jar in order for it to keep the weed fresh or will manually screwing the lid on do the trick?

just wondering seeing how there is air in the jar between the weed in the lid...

thanks

suburbantoker

suburbantoker

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,881 posts
Pressure cook the jars.

Hashmouf

Hashmouf

Hybrid Human

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,395 posts
Mason Jar, Screw shut, place in refrigerator and open least as possible. Simple as that.

guest18

guest18

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
how do i go about doing that?... and would it effect the weed inside?

guest18

guest18

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Mason Jar, Screw shut, place in refrigerator and open a less as possible. Simple as that.

since i live with my rents i'm unable to store it in the frig. will it make much a difference?

Hashmouf

Hashmouf

Hybrid Human

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,395 posts

since i live with my rents i'm unable to store it in the frig. will it make much a difference?

No just store in a cool dark place, Heat and Light are worst enemy of THC.

briangumble

briangumble

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 1,363 posts

guest18

guest18

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
o ok so pretty much i can get away with manually tightening the jar and it should help preserve the bud alot longer then zip locks?..

Hashmouf

Hashmouf

Hybrid Human

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,395 posts

o ok so pretty much i can get away with manually tightening the jar and it should help preserve the bud alot longer then zip locks?..

the best way is to use a zip lock bag, suck all the air out and seal, then place into a mason jar and screw shut. And as I said store in a dark , cool place.

guest18

guest18

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

the best way is to use a zip lock bag, suck all the air out and seal, then place into a mason jar and screw shut. And as I said store in a dark , cool place.

o well i hear u want to avoid using bags because the THC will actually rub off and stick to the bag reducing the potency of the bud

Hashmouf

Hashmouf

Hybrid Human

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,395 posts

o well i hear u want to avoid using bags because the THC will actually rub off and stick to the bag reducing the potency of the bud

That is ahandling issue if you plan to store in bags you will not have this issue.

Smokentoke420

Smokentoke420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 9,472 posts

Thats true. I read about it in Cannabis Culture, I think? I doubt it'd make too much of a different, but weed cost me a lot of money I was ALL the bang for my buck/

guest18

guest18

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok thanks :)

dosmoney

dosmoney

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
im all about hte mason jar

skatealex2

skatealex2

sk8alex

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,381 posts
Am I ruining my 8th of bud by keeping it in a plastic bag in my backpack. (not cool in there) i cant really keep it anywhere cool without it being found

Smokentoke420

Smokentoke420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 9,472 posts

Am I ruining my 8th of bud by keeping it in a plastic bag in my backpack. (not cool in there) i cant really keep it anywhere cool without it being found

The whole THC sticking to the bag thing really only refers to keeping it in your pants pockets when your walkin around and shit.

guest18

guest18

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ya so i should be ok if the only kind of moving this bud gets while in a bag is me taking it out of the mason jar only when i need to to pick some out and then removing the air from the bag and restoring...

and seeing how my supplyer uses sandwhich bags the type that dont seal he twists of the ends and tucks the end in under a wrinkle in the bag if that makes any sense and i thought it might be best to leave the weed all bundled up up like that so that it will cause less shake and thc to be rubbed of so all i did was put the sandwhich bag bundles in small zip lock and remove all the air so that way it will reduce the air getting to the bud and stored the zip locks in masonjars... thats my situation right now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users