Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Can you eat weed straight up?

• Please log in to reply

smoke.dank

smoke.dank

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
without cooking it? just a plain fat nug down the hatch?

chiiba

chiiba

smokin' that cheeba

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,432 posts
As far as I know, to activate the THC, it needs to be exposed to a certain high temperature (ie. a flame). Now I'm not sure that it won't do anything, but it won't be the same as smoking it.

jxsRollin

jxsRollin

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Needs to be heat activated...

at least thats what everyone says.

anyone actually try it?

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
heat activated my ass

you just gotta eat more than you smoke to get high

Sir Tokes Alot

Sir Tokes Alot

In the Clouds

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,947 posts
Nope its gotta be heated to release the THC.

HerbsINtheBurbs

HerbsINtheBurbs

Spread Green Love

• Old School
  • 4,137 posts
omg no, please no. We had an argument in another thread that lasted so long (and in several previous threads) I'm gonna link it, please delete or let this thread die.

http://forum.grassci...a-dad-high.html

CanibasConsumer

CanibasConsumer

Orange Destiny

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,027 posts
you can feel something (slight buzz) but you would have to eat waaay more than it's worth. smoke it or cook with it. and try the search engine next time...

Astrovan

Astrovan

• Registered Upgraded
  • 440 posts
Can I see the link as proof for friends?

lee420

lee420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 161 posts
well the human body runs 98 degrees, is that enough heat to activate thc???:confused: id love to find out:cool:

sm666

sm666

THC Powered

• Registered Upgraded
  • 393 posts
It doesn't need to be heated to become active, it needs to heated to become either dissolved in a fat or alcohol or to vaporize it into a smoke...

No you can't eat it straight up.. why? Because THC isn't bioavailable orally unless it's dissolved in something that is (i.e fats and alcohols)

chiiba

chiiba

smokin' that cheeba

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,432 posts

well the human body runs 98 degrees, is that enough heat to activate thc???:confused: id love to find out:cool:

Haha, not even close. According to this site, a lighter's flame is 1977 degrees Celsius. Not sure how accurate that is, though.

HerbsINtheBurbs

HerbsINtheBurbs

Spread Green Love

• Old School
  • 4,137 posts
To sum up the other thread, I along with a couple others discussed decarboxylization and passage into the GI tract. Decarboxylization removes the COOH (carboxyl) group from the end of the THC molecule changing it I believe from delta-9 to delta-11 THC making it better formed for absorption, in addition, an extraction of the compound into a fat or alcohol allows it to leech into your GI tract at a notably greater rate than it would otherwise, and heat is essentially necessary for the fat extraction. The other side, still unconvinced at the end of the thread for the most part, maintained that they got "reterdly fuk't up" (not a real quote) from eating pot straight, whereas our explanation asserted that you would feel something, but not absorb enough THC eating it straight to do much, in reasonable quantities

T®££§420

T®££§420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 133 posts
:smh:

Astrovan

Astrovan

• Registered Upgraded
  • 440 posts
Didnt they say the twin towers melted at like, 1500 degrees though? I mean, burning down the twin towers with bics?

gonemadwithmary

gonemadwithmary

Brother Nature

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,862 posts
nope.

in order to digest the weed properly, it needs to be absorbed in some fat. otherwise most of the trichs will just be destroyed by the acid in your stomach. im not sayin you wont catch a buzz if you eat like an 8th, but youll notice barely anything and compared to smoking or eating a 8th (that was cooked right) youre wasting weed.

eating it without cookin it is a waste of money, time, and good weed. its not even worth trying, less you like to chew on the stems (like me):)

peace

chiiba

chiiba

smokin' that cheeba

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,432 posts

less you like to chew on the stems (like me):)

You do that? I have a lot of friends who, after we roll up a joint and pack a bowl, will always chew on the stems. Do you do it for the taste or what? I've tried and I much prefer the taste of a lung full of smoke. Or some munchies :hello:.

GrayWolf

GrayWolf

H.M.S ShipWreck

• Registered Upgraded
  • 178 posts

omg no, please no. We had an argument in another thread that lasted so long (and in several previous threads) I'm gonna link it, please delete or let this thread die.

http://forum.grassci...a-dad-high.html

lol it was bound to be said again :smoke:

suburbantoker

suburbantoker

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,881 posts
LOL HIB to the rescueeee.

stonerboywonder

stonerboywonder

What are we talking about

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,348 posts
wont do anything. i always eat whatever loose shake is on the table after rolling a blunt though.

Mr.swisher1

Mr.swisher1

• Registered Upgraded
  • 307 posts
WoW you guys r fuckin retarded tryin to know wat ur talkin bout sayin it needs to be heated up an all this fat shit your plan stupid an have no facts try it fo ur self
me on tha otha hand have gotten high hella fucked up off of eatin 1 gram of bud but it was a bitch to get
SO YES YOU CAN STOP WIT UR BULSHIT THINKIN YOU KNOW EVERYTHING

Completely uncalled for. You obviously need to read the rules again because this is not the type of posting we want around GrassCity - TokinBlue

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)