UVB light test

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by norti, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Yeah. They do look pretty much the same. The plants looked quite different, and the OG Kush buds looked much different, but the Kush had the least frosted buds.

2. #42 SupraSPL, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    I'd hate to say it since I know these bulbs aren't cheap but if it has a short it could be a fire hazard so should probably be replaced.

The compact 26w versions of these reptile fuoros use a more aggressive phosphor than the tube versions. These aggressive phosophors do not emulate the output of the sun correctly, they output down to 275nm whereas the sun rarely gets lower than 300nm through the atmosphere. These phosphors are reportedly causing problems with some reptiles skin and eyes.

The action spectrum for DNA damage goes beserk below 305nm. This site has useful charts to explain this:
    http://www.uvguide.co.uk/phototherapyphosphor-tests.htm

The reptisun and reptiglo tubes are using the standard human tanning phosphors that emulate the output of the sun very well. These are much less dangerous and personally I prefer them even though they have less deep UVB output. Good luck in your experiments!

3. idk maybe in person......

4. hi, its been a while since last reply to this topic, does any have a favourite.
    cus the repti glo produces more uvb and repti sun uva.

what do u think is the best for massive trich production uva or uvb mabye a mix of both???

best regards

5. uvb is the catalyst

6. Even though this thread is almost 4 years old I have been researching the effcts of UV-B on cannabis potency and I made this rig to go on top of one of my 1000w lights so I could compare it with it's sister plants. These are two 2' UV-B Reptisun 10 bulbs mounted in a couple of fixures for black light bulbs and mounted in a home made contraption that's easily movable from plant to plant if I so choose.
    View attachment 138069
    View attachment 138070

7. I use uvb lights as well. The set up I use now comes with them. "California light works" solar storm 440..LED, I love it.
    I also add reptile lights In various locations around the room.. It's just part of my flower phase now.. The difference is outstanding.
    In the beginning I burned a couple plants,and you could even see where the light shone all the way through down to the soil..it was like a laser beam hit it and burned it in one small path to a crisp..tube lights seem to be more user friendly. The bulb style lights you have to be more careful with, but work in tighter applications.
    UVB loses intensity pretty quick so once you get the distance right you are set..my UVB lights come on 12/12 right along with the other lights...

I am so open minded you should only think like me..