How to clean a grinder

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by ksaul, Jan 26, 2008.

1. I keep the top 3 sections of my grinder together, and leave the bottom section with all the kief seperated. turn them upside down and fill with isoproyl. shake it around a bit with my hand covering the whole then poor it on some glass. The screen works as a filter that way, after i'm donw that i just rinse it off with hot air.

2. make iso hash from it. Take rubbing alcohol in a bag and shake it for two minutes, strain it over a coffee filter onto a dish and let it evaporate for like at least 3 hrs. You get some really nice shit

3. #44 Jlott, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011
    Don't have time to read the whole thread, so sorry of this is a repost!

If you can go to a local Home Depot, Lowes, Home Hardware etc. you should be able to find either some 'Simple Green' or 'Mean Green' (Mean Green is much stronger). They are both heavy-duty degreasers that are nontoxic and therefore safe for your piece(s) or grinder! I've used isopropyl in the past, and unless you're looking to smoke your resin/kief, Mean Green is definitely your best choice. :D

Hope this helped!

4. Take the grinder, put it in a glass then cover it with vodka. scrub it with something like a new toothbrush till all the resin is dissolved; take it out and then top up the glass with some coca cola. much quicker than using iso and letting i evaporate, plus it tastes really good :D

5. Dude what the Zombie thread?

EDIT: I was reading it and im like DAM DUDE these people Lurk fucking hard...

but i was fooled..

6. get those little ninja star picks to pick between the teeth, my lhs sells them it's about a dollar a piece, they even have something called the ez clean grinder which is eject-able so the bottom part of the grinder ejects up to the top of the teeth, maeks cleaning alot easier.

7. i don't care how old this thread is, I'm gonna bump it.

I have a four piece space case. Will iso do any damage to it at all?

8. No it won't damage anything do it

9. try makin hot chocolate out of isopropyl alcohol

10. tried a few things, freezer first, wooden grinder failed, warped all to ****.. Metal grinder didnt, but now am going to tackle cleaning the bugger.. its a great tool but damn useless at the moment

11. ISO that shit... get some decent hash.

12. Dude--I had to re-read that; I thought you were making ISO Coke Cocktails...glad to know you weren't drinking ISO.

13. i just fill a ziplock bag with 91% iso and put my girnder in the bag section by ection and shake for about 1 minuet a section, then i dump the iso onto my pyrex, wait, scrape and smoke it all in one sitting. i love grinder cleaning day hahaha

14. Quick question for u guys.... I ISo cleaned my grinder but strained the water thru a noodle strainer a few times instead of a coffee filter. Is a coffee filter absolutely neccessary? My result definitely looks like hash but I just wanna make sure nothing harmful is in that only a coffee filter would have gotten. Just one of those people who's overly careful about what I smoke u kno?

15. same way you clean a bong.....just with no salt. take the grinder apart, and stick each part into it's own glass of rubbing alcohol. leave sitting for an hour or so, and wa lah! clean grinder w/ clean screens!

16. You are keeping the stuff that was caught in the filter.

A coffee filter would have caught more for you to keep, not less.

Just make sure the ISO is completely evaporated, that's what matters.

Make sense?

17. Sure thing. Thanks mon! Packin a bowl as I type this!

18. So jealous! The bottom of my grinder is already completely cleaned out. I wonder how that happened :confused:

19. LOL!
    I read whole thread and will freeze grinder AND Alcohol /shake well...pour on dish...repeat...much like hash processing