Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Can You Smoke After Removal of Wisdom Teeth?

• Please log in to reply

JuicyJBB

JuicyJBB

Pure Sativa Preservation

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,354 posts
Can you smoke after your Wisdom Teeth are removed? If not, for how long.

xxjtfxx

xxjtfxx

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
yo man i just had that done. all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. the post-surgery sheet i got from the doc said no smoking for 24hrs, but i waited something like 10 days before toking (smoked like 5 days in a row after that) and havent had any problems. you really dont wanna get dry socket. use the surgery as a way to take a tolerance break for a while, like a least week. but really, it depends on how you're healing, how invasive your surgery was.

plus you should get some vicodin :D

watj

watj

Not Low

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'd just go by whatever their recommendation is for drinking through a straw... e.g., if they say no using a straw for 3 days after surgery then 3 days should be fine, might want to wait a little longer just to be safe. The danger is that the suction might loosen the clots and screw up the healing, or cause dry socket, etc. You should probably also think about how much suction you need to use for your piece; probably should wait a little longer for a small/thin pipe or a bong than you would for a joint.

JuicyJBB

JuicyJBB

Pure Sativa Preservation

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,354 posts
Fuck! So how many days?

King Z

King Z

• Registered Upgraded
  • 191 posts
Easy answer.

Just use a gravity or waterfall bong. No suction needed, you can do it whenever.

Chronik-Judge

Chronik-Judge

Bongloads sir?

• Old School
  • 2,793 posts
i'd say 3 day minium, and use fatter joints with filters(roaches) so that you don't have to use much of a suction motion, also.. dont use much of a suction motion..................................

Smokentoke420

Smokentoke420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 9,472 posts
I got mine out tuesday. I just got some gauze, wet it, covored the holes in my mouth, let me weed (in nug form) lay on my dresser for a day (so it got REaLLY dry) and then I crumbled it into a power into my gl;ass spoon and DID NOT pack it down tight. and then instead of sucking the smoke out, I just inhaled in, like taking a deep breathe. Works like a charm.

I smoked the day after I got em done.

dle_240

dle_240

Dark Gambit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,435 posts
My friend said me smoked after he got his out and I think i caused problems. Not sure about the details. Just google it.

Dagolf

Dagolf

• Registered Upgraded
  • 733 posts
this may be un confortable, but what i did was shove the supplied pieces of gauze into the back of my mouth so that the holes are covered...then I chiefed like normal and didnt get dry sockets...hell i toked the day I had it done! Man, now that I think about that whole operation, it wasnt too bad at all. I felt awesome coming out of the surgeons office, i was laughing and asking if we were in a place that was nowhere near me...LOL fun stuff

AllUpInTangles

AllUpInTangles

Don't Touch Me

• Registered Upgraded
  • 483 posts

Fuck! So how many days?

It depends. My doc said no smoking for 24hrs (48 if i could hold out)

I just got my wisdom teeth ganked (seriously, like 2 weeks ago) and I smoked 4 hours after the surgery. The only difference from most people is instead of just leaving holes where my teeth were, my Doc put stitches in. I already had a check-up where they took the stitches out and they also told me everything looks fine. I even got my Doc to write another script for some percocets.

no joints, just bong rips and a rinse with some water after every hit.

winkel04

winkel04

• Registered Upgraded
  • 231 posts
I smoked a few hours after i had mine taken out. I would just have a friend milk a bong for me and i would breath it in so there was no suction. After I made sure to clean my mouth everytime and everything worked out good for me.

Smokentoke420

Smokentoke420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 9,472 posts

It depends. My doc said no smoking for 24hrs (48 if i could hold out)

I just got my wisdom teeth ganked (seriously, like 2 weeks ago) and I smoked 4 hours after the surgery. The only difference from most people is instead of just leaving holes where my teeth were, my Doc put stitches in. I already had a check-up where they took the stitches out and they also told me everything looks fine. I even got my Doc to write another script for some percocets.

no joints, just bong rips and a rinse with some water after every hit.

How'd you get stictches??? I wish i got them because mine hurts!

AllUpInTangles

AllUpInTangles

Don't Touch Me

• Registered Upgraded
  • 483 posts

How'd you get stictches??? I wish i got them because mine hurts!

I don't really know, I was all tore up on valium, diluadid and N2O. I just woke up and looked in a mirror and saw into my mouth, what appeared to be a scene from a horror movie.

Grassmann1

Grassmann1

Grass man, Weed Fan

• Old School
  • 1,878 posts
I've heard of people smoking that day and nothing happening, so I guess the choice is yours

Toobz

Toobz

Bong Pong Champ

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
Do NOT smoke anything that requires a lot of suction! This leads to air pockets of smoke in your gums that are a major cause of dry socket. However bad you think not smoking for a few days is dry socket is worse.

Green Ganja

Green Ganja

King of the Bong Force

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,107 posts
just tell your doc you smoke cigs and ask him . should be the same for that.

JuicyJBB

JuicyJBB

Pure Sativa Preservation

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,354 posts
Oh, it's not me. It's my girlfriend. I always smoke with her, so I'd prefer to smoke with her instead of without her. But she has her surgery tomorrow and she's smoking tomorrow to. She's going to use moist gauze and not suck hard. Also shotguns.

Mr.swisher1

Mr.swisher1

• Registered Upgraded
  • 307 posts
lol yea i would wait awile it could get all nasty an infected

jaredr64

jaredr64

• Registered Upgraded
  • 127 posts
I waited a couple days, then smoked something that didnt require a bunch of suction like everyone else said. Tough call smoking on the day of the surgery, I hear dry sockey hurts like a bitch. that kept me away from the weed long enough to last a couple days.

Dr-ph1l

Dr-ph1l

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I got mine out about two weeks ago. Didn't smoke MJ or cigs for about 3-4 ways. Then I decided to smoke like a cig a day or so. Ends up I had one small dry socket on the right side of my mouth. It's not worth it man, just eat your pain pills and relax. So basically two weeks later, im still dealing with this shit. :mad:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users