FREE natural spring water..is it safe?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stroomz, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Hey quick question..i have a natural spring in town that people from all over go to and fill up huge containers for drinking water and what not..i used this water to water my plants also last week..do you think its a good idea? the PH read 7.4 i think

2. probably way better than city tap water that is for sure. Not to mention the meineral content of that water is probably alot better since it is natural. I would just add a little ph down to bring the ph down to around 6.0-6.5.

3. I live in the boonies and have natural well water that is slightly filtered... never used it cause i am kind of scared to... i do know it has alot of iron and a lil sulfur in it though:)

4. Ya, i'm no expert yet but i'd have to believe that the mineral water would be good for them, having a lot of natural minerals and vitamins already located in the water. You would DEFINITELY wanna use some pH "down" though, because as someone above me said, you want it to be in the 6.3-6.8 range if you can. Just be careful, and have some regular distilled water or something to flush it with in case it ends up having a negative reaction.

5. yeah everyone will have different tap water since not all well water is the same and the methods of filtering them are not either. mine happens to be pretty good from the get go and I bubble it overnight before use and then it usually sits for a while cause I don't use all of it at once.

6. I would be very cautious about natural spring water that you do not know the mineral content of. Some of the opinions I'm reading here seem to suggest that any minerals in that water will be good for the plant because they are 'natural.' Some of those 'natural' minerals could whack your plant good.

I am much more comfortable to give my plants minerals that I decide to give it, when I decide to give it, and in proportions I decide.

7. well it was given to them 3 days ago and i checked them today after posting this thread...they look great some of the leaves on a few of my plants look 10x healthier then they did...(they were bad before i watered)....i watered with bottled spring water today thoe..seems like natural water is goood