no brothers grimm anymore? C99 & A11 about to be extinct?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by pokernaut, Jan 11, 2008.

1. just wait, joey weed is going to have some C99 again next month. he's just sold out and working on the next batch.

as to breeding, that's EXACTLY what i'm doing now. if i get the one C99 splash male out of the 3 last seeds that i have, i plan on breeding a male of that to EVERYTHING in my collection...
    C99 splash
    (A11g X lien huanh) X A11g
    kali mist (i expect this one to be mega-awesome)
    burmese
    haze skunk
    buddha's sister
    cali-o
    bubblicious
    pure power plant
    mixed sativa
    troublemaker
    &
    lowdown mystery

then, i plan on breeding everything ("pure" strains) to a kali mist male the next time after that and later something with one of the hybrids or even pure indica troublemaker. that's some seriously potent shit even in leaflet form! i'm DEFINATELY going to marry troublemaker to kush down the road in hopes of creating a potent, trippy and compact strain to rival C99 and surpass overrated (75%?! sativa) skunk #1 which was no different than any other indica i've smoked the time i had a dealer with that.

as to starting my own seedbank, i don't really want to get into the business end of the spectrum. i'm growing to give anything i can't use away. i'm thinking of contacting a seedbank, most likely GC's sponsor, and working out a deal where GC members that buy anything get an exclusive pack of pokernaut freebies. i'd just like to see someone get some really good smoke that they like out of the genepool i have to work with.

i also MIGHT look into selling super cheap packs of seeds on seedbay, but i'm not keen on creating paper trails, but SOMEONE should be selling seeds for reasonable prices like a 4 strain, 20 seed mix for $10. it doesn't cost as much to produce seeds as the greedy bastards that charge $200+ for a pack of beans charge. that's disgusting! i'm all for knockoffs and will get in the face of any knockoff hater saying it's unfair to the greedy bastards making $100,000 off of a single growlight. fuck that shit!

too much of the weed biz is just that, business. not enough people are growing simply for the love of HIGH QUALITY organically grown smoke. i REALLY want to wake some people up who've never really had the chance to GET HIGH, instead of just stoned (or as i call it, getting low) and see enlightening them to how much they've been ripped of as something of a mission.

i've never seen any indy vws. sativa threads, but i haven't been hanging out in the smokers section much anymore as i only get 1 hour a day online now, but if you're in one now, post a url here and i'll definately stop by and run my big mouth there! LOL

as to being nominated president, i decline. i hate authority and becoming one is selling out. i'd rather be a rebel soldier in the battle against the evil empire which just so happens to include alot of greedy dealers and strain hoarders too. if you want to give me a title, how about bud buddy?

if you really want some pro-sativa 1st hand info, keep an eye on my grow which includes pure sativas and dominants all the way down to pure kush troublemaker. unlike MOST other growers, my main objective will be detailed smoke reporting and directly comparing each strain against the others with smoke reports that DON'T fucking say
    "oh man! this is the best shit i've ever smoked!" !!!!!!!!!!
    LOL

my reports will go something like
    kali mist is some seriously fun smoke. it tastes like you're flat out smoking crushed red pepper. if you hate spicy foods, then you won'y like the taste of KM, but if you do, it's delicious. if you plan on sitting down and watching a movie or listening to tunes on KM, forget it! it won't let you sit still. if you smoke KM, you better plan on doing SOMETHING. Km forced me to clean my house with a stupid gron and i hate house cleaning! it has a really euphoric edge to it too. it's alot like a nice shroom session after 10 cups of coffee, but without the jitters. it's DEFINATELY a pure sativa high, but isn't trippy like thai. visuals and sounds are clear and not at all hightened. KM is THE shit to smoke if you want to smoke at work. it will let you function normally with zero couchlock and make boring tedious jobs much funner than they really are. i would definately bring KM on a date that i wanted to get busy with before anything else too. all that happy energy needs to go somewhere right?

THAT's how you write a fucking smoke report! LOL use some fucking adjectives and EXPLAIN the experience.
    "oh man! the best shit i ever smoked" says absolutely nothing useful as some people think that taking 2 hits and falling asleep is the coolest thing in the world while others like me think it's an hideous rip off.

glad to hear there still are some sativa faithful out there. if you really believe in "the cause", it should be to educate the ignorant to what smoking a sativa is really like. smoke your friends out with some trippy C99 etc. and watch the funkiest most over the top SFX or comedy film or something trippy like the wall or eraserhead and watch their amazement at just how much better really getting HIGH is.

if you want to elect me president, then that's my first order as such.

it shouldn't be hard to battle indicas really. you always catch them sleepin' LOL

2. Yeah, I heard more Cinderella 99 will be available by Summer. I think it's really important to spread the info about Cinderella 99. I would hate to see this strain go, it's the great strain of our generation.

http://www.wikistrains.com/Cinderella_99

I really didn't think I'd find anyone to agree with my opinion on indicas. Like I was scared until just recently to voice my opinion on indicas, then all of the sudden I said something during a smoking session and everyone agreed with me. I really thought everyone loved indicas.

3. well, dealers sure love indicas because they can get rich off them. some hyperactive peeps like them because they calm them down and the rest probably like them just because they don't know any better.

please DO speak up for sativas every chance you get! that's one of the reasons indicas took over, not enough people fought back or told dealers to go fuck themselves. that's why i haven't smoked, except the odd hook up every half year or so, the entire past three years. i just got sick of paying too much money for bud that gives me no real pleasure.

the only way to fight indicas is by growing them yourself and then sharing them with every new jack toker who's NEVER had the chance to trip out. even back in the day, when i first started getting thai, an experienced toker scholl buddy that i ran into said "man! that's some awesome shit dude!" while we toked in the car to some funky tunes and i pointed out that the weeds blowing in the breeze by the side of the road looked like wierd headed aliens advancing. at first he said i was crazy, but after i made him look... "whoah! hah hah hah hah... they do!"

the only way to defeat indicas is by creating a demand for them and for people to have the will power to stop buying until dealers start providing good shit. they only get away with that BS because they can.

4. Pokernaut, i always enjoy reading your indica bashing...haha it's great. Though I'm okay with being stoned for the moment, i really want to venture into trippier stuff. I don't buy much great weed at the moment, i've downscaled a bit and i'm saving up for my first grow. The main reason i'm growing is because i'm tired of spending an arm and a leg for a damn weed. I want to be able to venture into greater quality Sativas & hybrids that i'd generally have to pay hundreds of bucks a ziplock for. I as well don't believe in paying those ridiculous amounts. Right now i'm thinking about what my first grow strain is going to be and i'm leaning more and more to C99 or some kind've Sativa everyday. For those of you who are interested in buying C99 read on. watch seedbay and Gypsy Nirvana's main website for Reservoir Seeds, because in September Reservoir Seeds will be releasing a limited run of C99. The C99 released will supposedly be the "grail cut" pineapple phenotype. Take this info and do with it as you will, the time of release may change as well. I also agree with you when it comes to the lack of decent smoke reports on grasscity. That's one of the reason why i dont even enjoy reading the recreational and seasoned tokers forums because theyre usually boring full of macro shots of bud that all people can say bout it is that its dank nugs or the best bud theyve ever smoked, which really gets redundant after a while.

5. EXACTLY!!!!!!! if i could, i'd give you more rep for that comment! i said the same thing all the way back to overgrow days! even when you KNOW someone has smoked something you're interested in like super silver haze, getting them to tell you anything about the SPECIFICS, even when you fucking ask, no, beg them, is like pulling fucking teeth!

do you like the taste of black licorice? i don't, it makes me nauseous, but the high from durban poison is really nice and it grows pretty compact for a "pure sativa" (those fat leaves sure look like it has indica in it to me. it's pretty exotic because the flavor is so authentic. it would really surprise any friends that aren't too weed experienced. heck, so far none of the locals that have had some pretty awesome shit and that have tried some top of the line strains that i've smoked with have heard of durban poison. i tell ya, when i was GIVEN a gram of that in the mid 90s, it nearly brought a tear to my sativa starved nostalgic eye. the flavor gave me dry heaves, but it was totally worth it for the clear headed happy high. it wasn't trippy like the thai i used to smoke, but then again, i didn't do 3 straight one hitters either as i only had a gram and wanted it to last forever. LOL

if you want top of the line "connouisseur sativa" you might be interested in sour diesel. it's compared to C99 all the time, but it takes longer, gets skunky and i just can't wrap my tree hugging head around "petrol" being "tasty"... lemonheads candy? sure, but not gasoline. people still seem to go nuts for it and it has won at least one cannabis cup while C99 has never shown up there so it can't be all bad.

a couple other strains to look out for are piney & trippy love potion no. 1 & mother's finest which is a 4 way cross that i THINK is: jack herer, haze, juicy fruit & maple leaf indica. (i might be wrong about the thai). the cool thing about mother's finest is that it has at least 3 phenos so you can pick your favorite(s).

there's also super silver haze which has won the most cups, but it's also skunkier and more couchlocking than C99 as is it's hazier sibling jack herer.

i tell ya, one of my C99 splashes is the most vigerous grower (rooter?) out of EVERYTHING i've planted even with the late start and has super fat leaves already at just 6" tall starting it's 3rd leafset. i hope it really does smoke like a sativa because it sure looks more indica than even pure indica troublemaker!

6. Ha, I can't wait until your cindy and other strains are finished growing, because i know you'll definately deliver the goods when it comes to your smoke reports. I read one smoke report a while back on here where a guy said after smoking C99 he felt like he was put into one of his dreams floating along for hours with the aftertaste of sweet pineapples in his mouth, hed easily get into one task dedicating all his energy and focus into it, and 15 minutes later he'd realize he was focused on something entirely different, not even aware that he changed tasks minutes ago. I think he said during the entire high, he went from cooking, to video games, to cleaning, to dancing, to watching televion and many other shifts. His sense of time and reality were blurred as well. haha it sounded so great to me, and made me want to try C99 even more.

I have actually tried sour diesel in the past, and i wasn't that into it. Don't get me wrong, its definately no schwag, but i wasn't really blown away. I was expecting it to be a little more heady and less stoney. the taste was excellent though, something along the lines off fuel with a sour citrus twist. Maybe the batch i had was an inferior phenotype, but ill definately try some again in the future. You should try it too, you may like it ( or you may get sick like you did with the durban poison). Its definately not as heavily gasoline flavored as OG NYC Diesel, OG Diesel's flavor alone makes it one of my favorite's. I was one of those kids that used to love the smell of spilled gasoline while i sat in the car waiting for my dad to finish pumping the gasoline. So smoking weed that reeks of fuel odor was an easy transition for me. OG Diesel is definately not that heady, its more of a stone (not too couchlocking though) with a slight clear headed sativa-ish feeling haha. Good stuff if i do say so may self. The licorice taste of Durban Poison sounds great to me, id be really interested in trying that sometime in the future as well. I was recently looking into SSH as well, it sounds interesting from what ive read. I think id enjoy it though because i really love Hazes. Some of the best smoke ive had were from a good old fashioned haze. The haze i used to get was very soft and fluffly ( i used to always rub it against my face and cuddle with it hahaha), such a smooth smoke too, very menthol like. Not too much lung expansion (burnt down to a white ash). And the high was great, very energertic...all in the head (felt like i had tingly bugs jumping up and down in my head). zero couchlock, none at all...no stone period. such a clear headed, smooth smoke. Sooo good. :D

As for your cindy, hopefully it won't be a indica dominant phenotype, because i know how much you despise indicas hahaha. If it is , guess you'll have to pop some more seeds and find that pineapple phenotype or the one you prefer. Cause from what ive read, the pineapple phenotype is definately the keeper of the bunch (if you want to keep a mom around and start cloning). They say its the tastiest with its delicious crushed pineapple taste, and its trippyness. I cant wait til i get to grow Cindy out myself..i wanna try all the phenotypes. MMMMMMM :p

7. if you didn't like sour-D, you won't like SSH then. it's a little stony. try jack herer instead. it has the same genes in a different breeding order and is more haze dominant.

that smoke report you're quoting sounds like a RARE useable one! give the dude some +rep for that! ah, his description brings back memories of the good old days of thai. i remember getting sidetracked on some little task and forgetting what i set out to do to begin with. it's kind of a good thing as you end up getting two things done in the long run, but it sucks if the 1st task was something important like getting out of a burning house. LOL

if you like licorice, i guarantee you'll LOVE durban poison! as much as i can't get past the taste, i'd smoke it again right now without hesitation. it has a nice sativa buzz. it allegedly can get a little trippy, but i didn't hit it hard enough to get there. it was still great to finally toke a bud that did something other than making me sleepy and nothing more.

if my C99s turn out indy dominant (not likely being backcrossed from lien huan and hopefully from a carefully chosen mother) it won't be the end of the world. i still have plans B through G... A11g/lien huanh, kali mist (a definate winner!), haze skunk, pure power plant, mixed sativa & burmese too. if NONE of these can give me a decent buzz, then my stupid redneck cousin was right and "all weed is the same", but i know better than that.

i'm even thinking of adding another strain to my collection. if they're still around, mama thai is just $28 and is supposed to be pure 14 week IBL (!!!) and grenadella's description is compact & psychoactive. i'm going to have to wait on the last two (+?) burmese i planted. so far, 2 are sprouting and look healthy

8. I was looking at reeferman seeds and found the C99 but this form makes it look like they don't ship to the US. Too bad because I was hoping to order their Love Potion and Colombian Gold eventually.

http://www.reefermanseeds.com/forums/order-form2.pdf

No wait, I'm confused about reeferman seeds. On one link they say they don't ship to US but on another link it directs to Kingdom of Kush in British Columbia that apparently does ship to US or at least accepts dollars. That's where the LP and CG are so maybe I could get those. But apparently I could not order the C99s that show up as available on reefermans page and would come from Great Britain. Ok, back to business...

9. OK then, it must have just been temporary until he restocked. for a while C99, A11 & phnom penh etc. hybrids all disappeared from his site. it's good to hear that he's keeping those strains in his collection.

does he still have sour-D too? at one point about half his strains were great sativa dominants.

10. Sorry to awaken an old thread but you can find C99 F2's made with the original Bro. Grimm stock @ hempdepot under Joey Weed...
    It's legit, you can google countless grows from this stock.
    Joey Weed also carrys a couple more original F2's from brothers grimm stock in the inventory.

11. SSSSHHHHH! Do you want everyone to find out about this??? Much thanks to JW for keeping A11 and C99 in my garden!

12. Maybe you should try Apollo 13 by TGA its there version of brothers grim original. My pheno has a amazing buzz that just cuts through any buzz I already have no matter how high I am and the buzz zings your brain to the point if you are already tired or have a couch lock buzz and lay down it will keep you awake so its not good if you have to go to sleep.Most of the buzz is felt in your face pounding your upper cheek bones under your eyes till they almost hurt and a grin you just can't wipe off your face then from your neck down to your upper chest feels like a trippy body feeling I use to get from mushrooms years ago. I won't be letting her go amazing plant cause I have never found a buzz quite like she gives.

13. #33 pokernaut, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2010
    i have a SECOND pack of joet weed C99 right now! check out my sativa shootout thread. the REAL godzilla in the bunch should be mekong haze, but i have more indica leaning sativas too like haze skunk & urban poison (25% NL#5). i also have two joey weed C99 X blueberries left.

i've never been interested in apollo 11, jack herer, super silver haze, LA confidential, medicing man & romulan etc. because even though they have the trippy buzz i MOST want, couchlock is simply not an option or a compromise i'm going to make.

possibly BETTER than joey's C99 though could be mr greengenes' one (nice dude! i remember him from overgrow & always lusted over his cherry bomb SATIVA, not the other strain by that name), i don't want to brag, but i might have actually had some influence on him trying the strain as back then too, i was all about sativas and C99 seemed the closest to what i wanted even if no amount of begging or pleading could get ANYONE to tell me if it was trippy. his feminized C99s are supposed to have the cherished pineapple pheno & be extra potent. it's the first strain listed in high times' best of 2009 list. fuckin' A! finally! C99 gets some fucking respect after quietly doing her thing in the shadow of nasty ass sour diesel which stinks more, grows twice as big and takes twice as long!

i tried SOMETHING that definitely had diesel in it last spring and now i know why it's called diesel... it's because it tastes like licking an oil puddle at a truck stop or in a 50 year old garage! it's fucking nasty! why anyone would want to smoke that disgusting shit i'll never know!

i can report, FIRST HAND on C99s THC profile as i just harvested the plants that wre getting stressed and about to die i was planning on cloning until i found out you have to wait a fucking month to do it. i stressed it out along with some nirvana haze 19 x skunk & white castle's too i wanted to clone. they died first as i tried to leave cindy alone in my greedy sativa junkie inability to resist non couchlocking buzzes as soon as i can get them. i made a point of letting the 99s go as long as they could before the 1st leafsets started discoloring and harvested leaf trim from all 3 plants while they were still healthy just so i could do a smoke report.

even in pissweak, 4 x 1 hitters = a typical 1 or 2 hit power buzz, the quality kicked ass over any, and i mean ANY bud, no matter how sticky etc., i've bought in about 25 years after columbian gold disappeared. it was a lot like kali mist i was given but couldn't buy no matter how much i begged & pleaded or offered to overpay ($100 an EIGHTH offered!!!!!!!!!!!) except without the crushed red pepper taste.

it starts out as a neutral buzz that fools you into thinking you're actually going to get stoned, but after the 2nd or third hit, starts getting energetic and happy! it's a fun bouncy high that would go well with ANY activity like, say, making your date so happy and horny she can't help but RIP her panties off & say "take me now!" LOL as you don't want to sit & do nothing on it. it's motivational at the highest level just like KM! sadly, there weren't any visuals or other trippy effects, but beats the shit out of any other strain that doesn't have them either... pretty much EVERYTHING grown by greedy scum. by the 4th hit, it was feeling like the buzz hit a ceiling and was fading fast, but after i went out shopping (made get off my ass just like KM!!! LOL) i was still feeling a very mild and happy glow. mind you, this was from LEAF with resin glands so tiny you could barely see them, not a full grown sparkling bud.

i think i had what has been referred to as an "indica thump" on the second hit i ended up woofing and that probably is where most of the buzz came from. it was an odd numbing sensation like mild paralysis. it didn't impede movement, it just kinda said "hold still a minute" and faded quickly.

i think that kali mist's reputation as "a favorite with the ladies" and "good for menstrual cramps" REALLY means that it makes them happier when they're on the rag and in full on bitch mode. LOL. i bet the ladies love cindy too for that.

the only "negative" i can report is a bit of spaciness, not the confusing can't function type, but more of a hard to stay focused spaciness. "what's that? oh look! over there! cool! i wonder if you can eat cornflakes under water. what time is it?". it was totally manageable though if one concentrated on something. i guess it was more a sort of restless energy where a real spacey buzz makes it hard for you to remember your and unable to read it on the inside of your fruit of the looms.

C99 is a total kick ass strain that's cheaper than kali mist. i like OLD SCHOOL KM better (haven't tried it since they added some more indica around 2003) because that flaming hot crushed red pepper taste that literally burns your mouth is the most delicious tasting bud i've ever smoked and i HAVE run into diesels, blueberries, cat piss (disgusting!!!) & lavender at the very least not to mention the other sativa freebie i was given, licorice durban poison which is worth getting dry heaves over just for the buzz. lavender would be my second favorite flavor strain. it's kind of weird smoking flowers, but not objectionable or as weird as smoking diesel fumes or cat piss!

i have tried C99 finally and can report that my faith in her all these years has been well placed! sometime in mid winter, i should have an early smoke report on her BUD before being cured if anyone wants to know ALL of the details on exactly how she smokes.

if you want to read the full minute by minute smoke report before i went shopping, still mildly buzzed a couple hours at least, i typed it as i toked it here:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/seed-ban...list-best-strains-different-conditions-4.html
    you can kinda see how racy & spacey she is by how much i kept changing the subject or had to use a fucking smiley to take a picture of my mood every 10 seconds. LOL i was having so much fun though. i wanted to share the buzz with GC to let everyone know it's still possible to actually get high.

that's all i can add to anything i've ever said about cindy up until now. please do stop by my sativa shootout thread. that should inspire any old schoolers looking for sativa info or grows!

14. Best c99 I've grown is from mosca negra, hands down.

15. where did you get that, and what other versions have you tried?

i had some spice brothers' C99 splash which had a little cambodian in it and might have been a little trippy as well as some spice brothers A11g x (A11g x lien huanh) i pissed away to. the genius (more clearheaded) pheno of A11 crossed with an extra trippy cambodian sounded awesome.

i'm inclined to think that cambodian strains are the absolute trippiest as the descriptions for pure lien huanh described it as trippier than neville's haze. they had about half a dozen pure sativas including a couple haze crosses. one other name i can remember was 303

if i had the space & tech to stealth them outdoors, i would have like to try all of their sativas

someone had an interesting sounding A11 x cali-o strain that sounded tasty a few years ago too. citrus is my kinda fruit flavor. bitter berries and i don't get along at all & i'm not that keen on sweet either. i like chewing lemons and watching people cringe or freak out over food that's no more spicy than 5 out of 10 on the heat scale that only goes up to habeneros... the true hottest pepper is called "ghost pepper" among other names. it has almost as much capsaicin as freakin' pepper spray. old school kali mist is about a 7 or even 8.5 on that scale, right about where stuff starts to get too hot like jalapenos.

16. I got the mosca negra c99 @ thcfarmer, it maybe @ seedbay to.
    I havent seen spice brothers in a longgggg time, i remember talking to FET on overgrow.

17. #37 pokernaut, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2010
    you don't remember me and my never ending quest for "the ultimate indoor thai" from overgrow? it ended up getting me banned for telling one too many trolls who take it up the ass for indicas & hybrids to shut the fuck up if they didn't like my refusing to compromise and accept anything less than a smoke that has absolutely no couchlock but does have a trippy buzz to shut the fuck up if they had nothing productive to add to the discussion and to mind their own fucking business about my window shopping activities and trying so fucking hard to get an honest smoke report about ANYTHING. i think my name at OG was sativa lover and i KNOW i used to fly the flag for thailand for location there.

i tell you, taking the sativa road less travelled is hard enough without all the compromises you need to make without assholes trying to steer you away from your dreams and copping attitudes about it to boot. what i chose to smoke or not to is my fucking prerogative.

it's all good. i have half a dozen promising strains lined up for my grow and C99 eventually did prove herself to be a strain that makes me happy, but not quite blissfully elated like only a REAL stretchy sativa can by adding trippiness. everything else is a one or the other proposition. i'm not happy sacrificing trippiness for motivation or motivation to get to a trippy state where you enter a whole other world of sensory overload.

18. Oh shit that was you?
    I didn't recognize the name, it's been forever but I vaguely remember that thread.
    I do remember "sativa lover", glad to see you here, I miss all of my friends on OG :( cant find most of em but a lot of them are over at ICmag.
    But yea bro the Mosca Negra c99 is better then the bro grimm in my opinion..
    It's bro grimm stock but they've been working it for a long time now and perfecting it, check em' out, it's worth buying.

19. Someone mentioned Kali Mist on here, fuck yeah trippy as hell. Almost too much.

I'm also ex OGer

20. I was real young on overgrow, young to the point of where I shouldn't have been on that website..
    I was 11 years old when I joined that site and ordered my first pack of beans @ age 12 and grew them on the roof of my house, it was federation seed banks cotton candy. (from heaven's stairway)
    My name on there was Weedman90, I had a free avatar thread on there and I made Mdanzigs first avatar where the eyes lit up and added the pot leaf to the skull.