Snitching

Discussion in 'General' started by Munga, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Snitching is an interesting topic, especially on a marijuana forum. I thought I would make a thread just to see what other people thought.
    Theres 2 polar camps. Some people call the police for everything, whether its a kid smoking a joint on the local bike path or "shady" characters wandering near their house. Then there is the other camp, who thinks even snitching on murder deserves revenge.
    Personally(keep in mind, I am relatively non-violent person, and that may influence my opinion), I think that there is a time and a place for the police and their is a time and place where its just wrong.
    I feel that snitching on MOST drug-related incidents is pretty low. It's really shows the darkside of people and how much they love to get others in trouble, and feel proud of it. There are a few exceptions, like if a dealer sells meth to your young kid or something like that, but otherwise, that is my stand on drug-related snitching. That is, those kind of snitches should get stitches.
    HOWEVER, when violence or true crime enter into the picture, I think the police play a legitimate and useful role. If someone robs me, I am going to call the police. I see nothing "snitchy" about that. If I see a murder, I am probably gonna call the police. If I see someone robbing a store, I might try to stop him.
    No offense meant to others, but I think that some of things I read are just childish. The police are there for a reason. They aren't EVIL. Just because they are required to enforce a hobby of mine, that doesn't necessarily mean to ME that they are completely useless and shouldn't be gone to at all costs. Police are legitimate and useful in some situations.
    About the whole spiked bat thing: That is a hard situation for me to take sides on. My first instinct would say to call the police, because he got physically harmed. However, he is dealing, so it does come with the territory to a certain extent. Would I call him a snitch if he did call the police? No.
    ...Sorry for the rambling. :D

Anyways, what do you guys think?

2. If they are doing something that in some way negatively effects you.. such as stealing from you, or shooting you.. then you should call the cops. But if it aint got shit to do with you, then stay the fuck out of it. It pisses me off when people call the cops on people for being drunk or high or whatever.. They have nothin better to do.

3. most people dont snitch to get others in trouble when it comes to the drug world, they snitch to get themselves OUT of trouble.

usually if someone snitches just to get someone in trouble, they arent involved in drugs themselves

4. Yeah, that is true. But they are all pussies IMO. I know a LOT of people that are non-druggies that snitch for things like people smoking joints and that sort of thing. Either way, they are snitches in my eye. Reminds me of what the greatest history teacher I ever had said:
    "The reason the world is in such a shithole is because no one takes responsibility for their actions. If I am speeding, and get a ticket, then I am gonna accept that I took a risk and am facing the consequences. The WRONG thing to do is to start pointing out all the other people that were speeding."

If your dealing or buying, look at the consequences and ask yourself if you can accept them. If you can't, and are just going to snitch because you have no sense of responsibility, then don't be doing that sort of thing.

5. I got ratted out by a french exchange student, I sold him some weed and he brought a bowl on the plane with him and got busted by dogs in the Paris airport on the way home and ratted me out. Its not a cool thing to do.

6. Snitches and child molestors are treated one way in prison. T.O.S. Terminate on Sight. Thats how I feel about the topic. But understand my stance on what snitching is may not be the same as you. For me a snitch is anyone that rats on someone when A) they were never invovled in the situation to begin with or B) they rat on someone to save their own hide. If you call the police because you have been robbed thats not snitching. If you call the police because some "kids" are being rowdy in the park then fuck you. If you call the police because your friend has a warrant out then fuck you. See my point?

7. its simple.

if your involved in crime you don't talk to police. period. but this whole stop snitching shit is just retarded, if your an everyday civilian and you happen to get robbed, assaulted or somebody in your family is murdered, IMO you have every right to want to see that person locked up

8. What if you see someone getting brutally attacked or murdered? Though you are not involved, is it still bad to snitch?

9. Don't talk to the police, ever. Thas my stance on it. ANyone who's workin for the po-po aint cool in my book.

wow. i too 8 somas and smoked a fat bhowlk of some fikire ass weed and im fucke dup.. it was a grinded to powder, hella packed bowl of dank, toppedd with kief. half bud, half keif, and im feeelin kinda fuckesd up.

10. Dont you get it bro its ALWAYS bad to snitch. Every time you snitch, I kill a kitten. Your kitten killing murderers.

11. thats just stupid, you wouldnt call the cops if you knew somebody was molesting kids next door to you?

12. So if someone killed your grandmother, and I "snitched" on the murderer, you would still "give me stitches?"

13. I think that all choices humans make must be respected if it makes them feel good about themselves.

However, if it negatively affects another, for no other purpose than it makes you happy, it doesn't earn respect. Like if I beat out someone else for a job, and they lose their house, I'll feel a little bad, but I'll have earned a job, money etc. If you just snitch on someone who doesn't affect your life in anyway, its wrong, and its hurtful. If you snitch on some kids smoking up in the woods and you think you've helped the community, you haven't. All you've done is enemized the youth, and sent a message that the law is more important than personal choices. It just means you're disillusioned. If you do it just for a feeling of pride, you're a sadistic douchebag.

14. NO I'd handle i myself, like I do all of my problems. I don't need to some bitch in a bad to fix them for me.

Nah I'd give stitches to the guy, and if someone snitches on ME, my homeis, or my family.

You odn't get how the game goes. I wouldn't think less of the guy if he killed you for snitching.

He;d get you because you snitched on HIM. get it?

15. ROFL!

16. Honestly, I don't. But honestly, I wouldn't kill another human being if I could help it. I am peaceful stoner, not a thug.

17. if someone was molesting kids, next door to me... i would not "snitch"

i would personally, and very collectivly walk next door, knock on door, ask for approximatly 1 1/4 cup of sugar. enter. decapitate one of his limbs. and proceed to beat him with it.

18. life in Prison is worse then death IMO

19. thas the game boy.

Stay up

20. Agreed. Snitchin is fucked up...

Try to deal with your problems first. Involving the law brings on unwanted attention to you, your friends, and the community. Personally, I'm against snitching. Karma will always win out.