How can I help you? Car issues anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by italian stallion, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Hey all I really apreciate all the help from you folks. So I was thinking how can I give back to GC?

Well I've been in the car repair business for a long time and if anyone has any car issues I will try and help with advise.

2. my car 2000 mercury grand marquis will sometimes start then stall, and run very rough.

like when i give it gas it just stalls out unless i let it run for like a half hour.

3. Hey, I have a couple of questions.

#1 is the check engine light on?

#2 How's your maintenence been? (tune up)

#3 when it stalls does it chug out or cut out quick?

#4 does it stall out while your driving?

Get back to me and I'll put the stuff together. :smoking:

4. I've got a 97 Geo Tracker that ran without oil for a while not sure how long, its got an oil leak. Now the engine is making a loud clanky noise when you give it gas and its kind of a moderately quiet clanky noise when it sits idle.

Any ideas?

Helps appreciated :D

5. Hey man it sounds like you spun a bearing in the lower end. Could also be a rod knocking. Either way the motor won't last long. Seems too old to put an engine in but everyone $$ situation is different.

Choices:
    #1 drive it untill it dies. Keep close eye on the oil level and never beat the piss out of it. You could soak up some time if your gentle. Then get another vehicle.

#2 Get yourself a good mechanic and have them replace the engine with a used one.(hopfully with lower mileage) Should end up costing you$1500-$2000 depending on prices where you live.

#3 Get out of that car ASAP> Find a good used vehicle and don't spend a dime on that thing.

Hope that helps.:smoking:

6. Hmm o well fuck it, I do have a good mechanic I'm spose to take it in on Thursday to have him look at it if this turns out to be the case I'll probably look for a good 500-700$ beater.

Chose 1 it is, Thanks for the advice/heads up :smoking:

7. Hmm...

My 97 Honda Accord has the check engine light on with code P0-420 ya me and the autozone guy had a laugh... anyway he said he was sumthin with fuel and emissions but idk wtf it means

8. Hey your problem is simple . You need a catalytic convertor!

First before you have that done you need to make sure the vehicle is running properly. If the engine is skipping or something, that's why the convertor went bad in the first place.

Honda's are known for this issue and most times the convertor repair fixes the problem.

This is NOT a drivability issue so if your short on cash after the holidays, you can wait awhile on the repair. It will not breakdown on you. The damage is already done.

Good luck.:smoking:

9. 1. yes the light is on

2. not very good, :-\ . i also drive a lot and very far distances

3. it chugs out

4. sometimes it stalls but only when i give it gas. if i let it warm up for like 15-30 min it seems to run fine.

when its idling at first it sounds like it revs a little then almost dies then revs up and then almost dies.

also my carbon filter is cracked. but the mechanic that ripped me off for my brake job said that shouldnt be effecting it.

thanks!

10. how long can you run an 07 grand prix without changing the oil? it's been 5 months and about 5k miles?

11. I'm looking for a super reliable car that gets good gas mileage and costs around $15k-$17k.

What do you recommend?

12. I have a 2001 pontiac grand am gt.
    #1. I keep getting a low coolant light, sometimes followed by extremley high engine temp. I have changed the coolant 2 times but with no success. My dad thinks I need a radiator flush, is this correct?

#2. Ever since the coolant issues, my heating has been non-existant, are these related?

#3. My "change oil" light has been on since I got my oil changed, I think they forgot to turn it off. Do you know how to on a 2001 grand am? (I cant seem to find the manual)

Thanks for the help dude.

13. My 94 Volvo station wagon shakes violently if I go over 45. The car is worth no more than $1200 at this point. Any cheap solution?

14. do you know anywhere where i can find an ONLINE auto-manual for a 2007 Ford Focus???
    i lost mine, and i'm trying to locate where a certain fuse is.... if you could help me out, that'd be coo :)

15. Sounds like your tires are out of balance. It's pretty cheap to have them balanced.

16. Owner manuals usually show where the fuse boxs are located. Check the manual and inside the fuse box there is usually a chart that labels all the fuses.

17. yeah, thats what i meant.. lost my Owner Manual ... don't know why i said Auto.

Edit: Nevermind, found one ... Thanks anyways :D

18. 1 st change your fuel filter and spark plugs.

2nd you nay have a vacumm leak,listen for hissing under the hood.

#rd I have a carbon filter in my grow room. Never heard of one in a car??? Air filter?

19. It depend on the oil your using. Conventional oil 3000 miles is a good plan..Synthetic oil 5000 is ok.

20. 2000 - 2003 Honda Accord or Civic. The best car on the market!!!!