Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Ashes good for plants?

• Please log in to reply

blaazedd

blaazedd

all day erryday

• Registered Upgraded
  • 371 posts
A lot of my friend have been telling me that I should ash in the soil I'm growing my plants into. I thought it was a weird idea, how could cigarette ashes help it grow with all the bad shit thats in it? So, that's why I'm asking..

WhitewidowMan

WhitewidowMan

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

A lot of my friend have been telling me that I should ash in the soil I'm growing my plants into. I thought it was a weird idea, how could cigarette ashes help it grow with all the bad shit thats in it? So, that's why I'm asking..

umm i think your friend might have a bit too much ash in his head.cause i for one would never do such a thing.:eek:

Machine

Machine

• Registered Upgraded
  • 485 posts
i would say it depends on the ash, what it was from, from cigarettes or any other tobacco its probably not gonna be anything but bad for the plant.

blaazedd

blaazedd

all day erryday

• Registered Upgraded
  • 371 posts
thought so. I didnt wanna do anything unless I was sure it was gonna help them. So, no newport ashes for my babies. Thanks!

toastybiz

toastybiz

keep it green

• Old School
  • 14,214 posts
You can add hardwood ash as a way to increase pH, otherwise I would steer clear of using ashes.

wenahaone

wenahaone

26 dollars in my hand

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,020 posts
bump. I believe ashes can raise ph and add nutes to soil. I heard somewhere that they're especially good for the flowering stage.

cantharis

cantharis

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,460 posts
Wood ash is a good source of K. Don´t know about cigarette ash though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users